FM 14 Big Euro Challenge

lucchese.gif

Lucchese Libertas - Introductory post

Andrew Bacci, Chairman - Welcome one, welcome all to this exciting press conference. I'm sure you've all worked out you're here to be introduced to our new manager here in Lucca. But I'd like to start off with a bit of background as I'm sure the appointment of an English manager will have drawn some journalists out here who don't know much about the club.

We've got a great history [Club Overview | Information | Domestic Leagues] after being founded in 1905, however our glory years are long in the past.

Journalist - Thanks very much for the background. What are your aims for the club under new manager Peter Harmer [Information | Profile]

AB - Well our last outing in Serie A was in 1952 and we'd love to get back to that stage, and we think our new manager is the man to do it.

J - That's ambitious. Can we meet the man who you're placing such faith in?

AB - Of course.

Peter Harmer - Hi everyone. It's a pleasure to be announced as manager. There've been a lot of rumours about, and I'm glad it's finally all out in the open.

J - Do you mind me asking what attracted you to this job?

PH - I love a challenge. And simply put, the lifestyle here is amazing. I mean look around you - this old city is gorgeous.

J - What approach will you be taking?

PH - I'm hoping to build this team around a core of local players. I want an attacking side. And to bring some entertainment to this little town. I know it has fewer than 90,000 inhabitants, but this little walled city has potential. I'm sure it does.

Anyway, important work awaits. I hope to speak to you all soon.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, with that written I feel I can report back on my first four games in charge.

Let's just say with 14 goals scored and 18 conceded life isn't boring for the fans. Unfortunately it's only added up to one win so far, in the Serie C Cup. The two league games so far have ended 4-5 (a last minute winner for the opposition) and 3-5.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say my defence needs tightening up!

RZJ8VfE.png

Aliados Futebol Clube de Lordelo 2021/22

Transfers / Squad / Finances

Liga2 Cabovisão: Fixtures / Table (var)

We did it! The media predictions pointed to a 21st place but Aliados will play in the top-flight next season after a brillian performance in Liga2. Aliados and Oliveirense decided the second promotion spot in the last game of the season and with a 1-1 draw we finished just two points behind champions Gil Vicente and confirmed the 2nd place. And once again we were named the most improved team of the year and I was 2nd place in "Manager of the Year".

jx1SWib.png]

Taça de Portugal: Fixtures

For the first time in our history we reached the quarter finals of the competition, and after beating the portuguese giants Benfica in extra-time we lost to Olhanense in 6th round.

Taça da Liga: Fixtures / 1st Phase Grp A / 3rd Phase Grp D

Once again we got into the 3rd phase, this time we were drawn with two of the "Big three", Porto and Sporting. We lost both games but we beat Vitória de Guimarães, finishing 3rd.

Players:

Álvaro Rocha, for the fifth consecutive year he was our top goal scorer

Agnaldo, the young brazilian defender from Figueirense was decisive in our Liga2 campaing

Olexandr Burdeynyi, he's back and he's scoring again!!

Season  | League       | Position | Cup        | League Cup | Achievement             | Top Scorer (Goals)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15 | C. Nacional  | 6th      | 3rd round  | N/A        | 1st in Relegation Stage | Guilherme Camargo (18)
2015/16 | C. Nacional  | 1st      | 1st round  | N/A        | 4th in Promotion Stage  | Guilherme Camargo (20)
2016/17 | C. Nacional  | 5th      | 3rd round  | N/A        | 1st in Relegation Stage | Olexandr Burdeynyi (16)
2017/18 | C. Nacional  | 1st      | 3rd round  | N/A        | C. Nacional Winners     | Olexandr Burdeynyi (39)
2018/19 | Liga2        | 19th     | 5th round  | 2nd round  | Survival                | Álvaro Rocha (40)
2019/20 | Liga2        | 13th     | 4th round  | 1st round  | -                       | Álvaro Rocha (18)
2020/21 | Liga2        | 5th      | 5th round  | 3rd round  | Most Improved Team      | Álvaro Rocha (40)
2021/22 | Liga2        | 2nd      | 6th round  | 3rd round  | Promotion               | Álvaro Rocha (29)

2018/19

Wick_Academy_Logo.png[Mid-Season]

The team have exceeded all expectations, mine especially! At the turn of the year, we are looking like real playoff contenders, if we can stay injury free:

League Table

Although there isn't a gap, the teams above us are probably too strong for us, they have more depth and have also rather sneakily signed some players on loan from the English Championship.

After struggling to attract players on frees in the summer, we resorted to loans ourself. Having broken off our affiliation with Hearts, the new board promptly announced a new one with Dundee.

In the nick of time, given that our midfield at the time consisted of just two players! I've been really impressed with the loanees:

Harry Fitzpatrick - very versatile player, good as a target man or anywhere across midfield. Seemed clinically depressed at first, but cheered up as the season progressed.

Trevor Allan - closest we have to a ball-winning mid at the moment - does a respectable job.

Speaking of loans, in 3rd round of the League Cup, we came up against the fearsome array of borrowed talent that is the Glasgow Celtic EPL Academy in this weird universe :confused:

Needless to say, we got thumped - was only 2-1 at halftime, so at least our fans got to enjoy their pies. Finished 5-2, thanks to a hat-trick from the rather beastly Rishi Modha

We are still going in the Scottish Cup, after claiming the scalp of championship club Falkirk. Our hero was our new first-team keeper, Greg Paterson

One to watch - Darren Murray The best prospect from a surprisingly decent youth intake - has impressed every time he's played, and the coaches think he is Championship potential.

The run of fixtures in January is pretty intense, with matches against all of the top clubs in the league, plus a winnable cup tie against lower league opposition:

January_fixtures.png

Well, he doesn't want his wife to find out! :lol:

Great progress off the park, you are obviously getting to the other clubs if they see the need to slag you off in the press.

I hope I'm getting to them, but it (my irate responses ;)) has lead to me not having the best of relations with some of the most reputable managers in the country.

Good luck in the Europa league next season duccio, very good season. Really catching up with the big boys now.

I played the next season already (will post a report soon), and was unable to go further than the group stage. Not really a disappointment at this point, though I wanted more.

Duccio - seem to have really established yourself as ‘best of the rest’. The too many Portugese players thing is funny. Should be nice to move into a new stadium too – hopefully that will all help bring in extra revenue. Celsinho looks like a cracking little striker.

I hope the new stadium will improve financial situation, but in the meanwhile the building of it is a burden. At the moment Juventude pays about £270K a month in loan repayments and interest. I'm going to have to sell players to stay in the black and maintain my wage budget to try to keep the best players.

Despite the not so good start, good luck with Lucchese PRDH. Lucchese's stadium has not been in very good repair in recent years, so someones gotta do something. :)

First season in the Primeira Liga. Good luck CJ'43.

Making good progress with Wick Academy Macshimmy.

No hatchbacks for you siLKEAPE? May the lady Fortuna smile on your endevours with Sedan.

RZJ8VfE.png

Aliados Futebol Clube de Lordelo 2022/23

Transfers / Squad / Fixtures

Affiliated clubs / Scouting knowledge

Liga ZON Sagres: Table (var)

First season in portuguese top-flight, avoided relegation with a 12th place (media predicition was 16th), comfortably above the relegation zone all season. Poor defensively, but with the third best atack, it was easier than I thought... not bad for a debut, we had some interesting results as a 9-0 win against Vitória de Guimarães and 7-0 vs Nacional da Madeira...

Taça de Portugal:

Once again after extra-time, we lost to Liga ZON Sagres runners-up Belenenses in 5th round.

Taça da Liga:

Knocked out by Chaves from Liga2 in 2nd phase.

Players:

Simón Núñez, top goal scorer (13 goals); Filipe Santos fans' player of the year; Olexandr Burdeynyi ukrainian-portuguese player born in Lordelo, he's in our team since my first season and he's a legend in the club.

Season  | League          | Position | Cup     | League Cup | Europe | Achievement             | Top Scorer (Goals)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15 | C. Nacional     | 6th      | 3rd Rnd | N/A        | N/A    | 1st in Relegation Stage | Guilherme Camargo (18)
2015/16 | C. Nacional     | 1st      | 1st Rnd | N/A        | N/A    | 4th in Promotion Stage  | Guilherme Camargo (20)
2016/17 | C. Nacional     | 5th      | 3rd Rnd | N/A        | N/A    | 1st in Relegation Stage | Olexandr Burdeynyi (16)
2017/18 | C. Nacional     | 1st      | 3rd Rnd | N/A        | N/A    | C. Nacional Winners     | Olexandr Burdeynyi (39)
2018/19 | Liga2           | 19th     | 5th Rnd | 2nd Rnd    | N/A    | Survival                | Álvaro Rocha (40)
2019/20 | Liga2           | 13th     | 4th Rnd | 1st Rnd    | N/A    | -                       | Álvaro Rocha (18)
2020/21 | Liga2           | 5th      | 5th Rnd | 3rd Rnd    | N/A    | Most Improved Team      | Álvaro Rocha (40)
2021/22 | Liga2           | 2nd      | 6th Rnd | 3rd Rnd    | N/A    | Promotion               | Álvaro Rocha (29)
2022/23 | Liga ZON Sagres | 12th     | 5th Rnd | 2nd Rnd    | N/A    | Survival                | Simón Núñez (13)

I have purchased the IGE for my other save (I would like to try somethings). Is it possible to join the challenge still. I think when the IGE been used the particular save do not longer indicated on the leaderboard, so as I do not want to use the Real Name fix the DB will be the vanilla version so I can proof with SS about the leaderboard that I do not used the IGE in my challange save.

Would you be so kind and confirm that I can contribute to this board as there will be an evidence for the clear game.

Thank you in advance. (Try to load Savoi for two hours then I realised that they have nearly the lowest rep in Serie D... fortunately I saved some exiting team already)

SV_Waldhof_Mannheim.png

SV Waldhof Mannheim

Season 6 (2019/20) - 2. Bundesliga

Step forward?

League Table - Graph

Overall another successful season, finishing one place higher in the league and one closer to promotion. But in some ways, I feel we were further from promotion than we were last season. We never really challenged the top 3 spots, and only just came out above a whole host of teams in a tight mid-table. Hertha Berlin were a different class, and had some astoundingly good players in on loan.

I wasn't ever really happy with my tactics or formation, and never fully felt confident in matches this season. Part of this is maybe the match engine (players being given the time and space to control corners to the near post, have a touch, put the kettle on and have a couple of biscuits, have another touch and then scuff the ball into the back of the net), but part is just me not knowing what my best XI is.

Either way, it's definitely a season of progress, with facilities improved and squad overall strengthened.

DFB-Pokal results

Beat an easy team in the 1st round, then a 2.Liga side in the 2nd, then got rolled over by Dortmund in the 3rd.

Squad Stats

Danish left-winger Jens Hansen was probably our most effective player, hopefully can get him on loan from Bordeaux for another season.

YP1 Branimir Maric finished as top-scorer, and is looking like taking over from Max Pinter as our main striker.

Transfers

Couple of players sold for petty cash, and some money wasted on the signing of Rosa who has been a disappointment.

Finances

Prize money for 4th place gratefully received, and quickly earmarked for further improvements to training and youth facilities.

Youth candidates

Not the best looking intake so far, with the tagged YP6 Matthias Weis being considered Unambitious.

Season  |  League  | Position  |    Cup     |   Europe    |     Achievement    | Top Scorer (Lge)        | Ave. Attendance 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15 | 3. Liga  |   17th    |     -      |      -      |      Survival      | Vllaznim Dautaj (21)    |     2,776
2015/16 | 3. Liga  |   15th    |     -      |      -      |         -          | Fabian Schleusener (12) |     3,445
2016/17 | 3. Liga  |    7th    |     -      |      -      |     Positive GD    | Max Pinter (21)         |     3,566
2017/18 | 3. Liga  |    3rd    |  1st Rnd   |      -      |      Promotion!    | Max Pinter (21)         |     5,261
2018/19 | 2. Liga  |    5th    |  1st Rnd   |      -      |       Survival     | Max Pinter (18)         |     9,451
2019/20 | 2. Liga  |    4th    |  3rd Rnd   |      -      |         -          | YP1 Branimir Maric (15) |     8,362

Next season

I need to settle into a formation and tactical style and stick with it, there was too much changing and fiddling with things this season. Would like to strengthen in a couple of places - namely a new GK and CM

Relegated from the Bundesliga are Werder Bremen, who I expect will go straight back up, and Mainz who had a dreadful season after winning promotion last year. Kaiserslautern, who won the 2.Liga with ease last year, will face Braunschweig in the playoff.

Journalist - Congratulations, Pete! That's your first win in the league! You must be relieved!

PRDH - Thanks, it is indeed. It wasn't easy and it didn't hide our deficiencies at the back, but a win is a win and the 3-4 result must have been great entertainment for the away fans who made the journey.

J - You don't sound too happy.

PRDH - No, no! I'm thrilled. These first points are incredibly important - but now the real hard work begins. If we can keep this performance level up, we can make a break away from the bottom of the league.

J - Thanks for talking to me. I'll let you celebrate.

PRDH - Thanks very much. I'll pop over and take the opposition manager a drop of our local Sangiovese. Ciao!

Johnnyquest - great second season in 2. Bundesliga. Great to see a homegrown player in Maric becoming a key player. Looks like he has great potential too. Good luck in your promotion push next season.

PRDH - I can agree regarding conceding goals. I think the key is to score more than the opposition!

juventude_evora_splash.png

Season Ten - 23/24

- - -

Table | Graph | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Squad | Transfers | Facilities

Campaign

Media Prediction: 5th

Final Position: 5th

Primeira Liga

The season began well, but then my team faced a bit of a downturn in form and dropped to lower mid table position. After the new year results improved, and Juventude secured good enough place to compete in European next season.

Taça de Portugal

For the 3rd time in a row Juventude were defeated in the Semi Finals. This season it was Benfica who overcame my team.

Taça da Liga

2 wins and 1 loss were not enough to qualify from the 3rd phase group.

EURO Cup

Results between teams decide which club will qualify from the Euro Cup Group Stage, so Évora's fate was decided already before the last match - no further games for Juventude. Still, only 1 more point would have done the trick.

Players

Manuel Zambujo - DC

Primeira Liga Central Defender of the Year.

João Tiago Reis - AMC

João's best season so far.

Carlos Barreiros - AMC

Juventude youth graduate Barreiros is coming along nicely.

Elton - ST

Primeira Liga Top Goalscorer.

[TABLE=class: MsoTableLightShadingm, width: 90%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 8, bgcolor: #d8d8d8]Progress[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 50]Season[/TD]

[TD=width: 50]League[/TD]

[TD=width: 50]Position[/TD]

[TD=width: 110]Taça de Portugal[/TD]

[TD=width: 110]Taça da Liga[/TD]

[TD=width: 110]Champions Cup[/TD]

[TD=width: 110]Euro Cup[/TD]

[TD]Achievements[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD]23/24[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD]Primeira[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

[TD]5th[/TD]

<!-- Taça de Portugal -->

[TD]Semi Final[/TD]

<!-- Taça da LIga -->

[TD]3rd Phase[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup-->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Euro Cup -->

[TD]Group Stage[/TD]

<!-- Achievements -->

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD]22/23[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD]Primeira[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

[TD]4th[/TD]

[TD]Semi Final[/TD]

<!-- Taça da LIga -->

[TD]3rd Phase[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup-->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Euro Cup -->

[TD]Group Stage[/TD]

<!-- Achievements -->

[TD]Primeira Liga FairPlay Award[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD]21/22[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD]Primeira[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

[TD]5th[/TD]

[TD]Semi Final[/TD]

<!-- Taça da LIga -->

[TD]Semi Final[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup-->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Euro Cup -->

[TD]Group Stage[/TD]

<!-- Achievements -->

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD]20/21[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD]Primeira[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

[TD]5th[/TD]

[TD]6th Rnd[/TD]

<!-- Taça da LIga -->

[TD]3rd Phase[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup-->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Euro Cup -->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Achievements -->

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD]19/20[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD]Segunda[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

[TD]2nd[/TD]

[TD]3rd Rnd[/TD]

<!-- Taça da LIga -->

[TD]2nd Phase[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup-->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Euro Cup -->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Achievements -->

[TD]Promotion[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD]18/19[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD]Segunda[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

[TD]5th[/TD]

[TD]4th Rnd[/TD]

<!-- Taça da LIga -->

[TD]2nd Phase[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup-->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Euro Cup -->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Achievements -->

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD]17/18[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD]Segunda[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

[TD]3rd[/TD]

[TD]4th Rnd[/TD]

<!-- Taça da LIga -->

[TD]2nd Phase[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup-->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Euro Cup -->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Achievements -->

[TD]Most Improved team of the Year[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD]16/17[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD]Segunda[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

[TD]8th[/TD]

[TD]3rd Rnd[/TD]

<!-- Taça da LIga -->

[TD]2nd Phase[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup-->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Euro Cup -->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Achievements -->

[TD]Most Improved team of the Year[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD]15/16[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD]Segunda[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

[TD]13th[/TD]

[TD]2nd Rnd[/TD]

<!-- Taça da LIga -->

[TD]1st Phase[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup-->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Euro Cup -->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Achievements -->

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD]14/15[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD]Nacional[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

[TD=bgcolor: #ddf8d8]1st[/TD]

[TD]5th Rnd[/TD]

<!-- Taça da LIga -->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup -->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Euro Cup -->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Achievements -->

[TD]Promotion, Campeonato Nacional Playoff Winners[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

duccio - You really are the model of consistency at the moment. Another good solid season. I remember from my Lusitania Acores game that it took a long time to break the top teams' dominance. Elton's a great player though, so he should be a cracking part of that breakthrough.

Meanwhile, in the lovely city of Lucca we've had a second win. This time a 2-0 victory. A clean sheet! Blimey!

CJ'43 - congratulations on promotion and that looks like a solid first season in the top flight, good work :thup:

duccio, Elton looks super, got a great looking spine to the side with him, Tiago Reis and Zambujo.

Macshimmy, looks like a three-way fight for promotion, good luck!

I've switched things around and for the first time in a while I'm experimenting with three at the back, due to my full-backs being largely dreadful. Early days (and probably jinxing it here), but so far, so good. We've having less possession than last season, but making much better use of it.

Im going to wait until the next patch is released. Getting frustrated at the game.

I've done the same, although I can never be sure if it's my crappy team or the game. Been reading the tactics forum though and might have a blast tonight at a few games...

Cs_sedan2.png

SC Sedan Ardennes

End of Season 2015-2016 – French National

League - graph

We were predicted to finish 15th, so finishing in 2nd place is simply amazing.

I am really not that surprised as my team played pretty well throughout the whole season,

as the graph indicates. I did have to really watch my tactics though, as I find that opponents are quicker to adapt to your successful tactics in this version. We actually had a good chance to win the whole thing in the last game of the season as Vannes lost their two last games, but a woeful performance in our last game agaist CA Bastia saw us finish second.

Cups

Not much going on here.

Transfers

Quite a lot of movement here. I can only thank the board for allowing me to scout parts of Africa. I asked several African clubs if their players could go on a trial with us, and most of them accepted.

Finances

This picture is taken after having received 2,3 m in TV-avenue for the forthcoming season in league 2.

Key players

Best defender: Cedric Yambere

Best midfielder: Mohamed Sylla

Best attacker: Larry Jonathan Sanda

+ Amadou Seck

Youth players

YP1a, Salim Burubwa

YP1b, Arthur Olivier

YP1c, Rolly Mfutila

YP1d, Amadou Traore

All the “YP1”-players were already at the club when I took over

YP2a, Cedric Lopez

YP2b, Serigne Diedhiou

YP2c, Kaies Jaziri

YP2d, Nicolas Roy

YP2e, Damien Charles

Can’t wait to see how they develop, although I doubt all of them will ever make it to the first team.

Thoughts/Goals

Survive League 2!

Earn money!

Quick question

I'm currently doing Dafage's challenge but might give this one a whirl after I've done that. Presumably it would be okay to just create a new manager at the end of my other challenge and select a club that has just been promoted to the bottom division of any of the leagues included in this one. That way I wouldn't have to go back to the start and holiday a manager for a year before selecting a team. I could just add the relevant league and take off England.

Great Season silKEAPE, must of been tough to start with having an entire new team to play with!? Good luck next season.

Thank you! I was afraid we would struggle, so I played counterattacking tactic both home and away in the beginning, kept things simple and tried to exploit the speed of my forwards. When the opposistion adapted I changed to a more posession oriented tactic and it worked a charm. Still used the counterattacking tactic in some difficult away games, though.

2018/19

Wick_Academy_Logo.png[End of Season]

We were delighted to make the play-offs, and reasonably optimistic as the only team to really dominate us in the league were the champions, Raith.

Scottish League One

The club's stunning Scottish cup run made for a spectacular and buttock-clenching end to the season.

We needed a replay against Montrose to get through to the quarter-final, then battled to a 2-2 draw against Championship side St Mirren, and scraped past them on penalties after a crazy 4-4 draw in the re-match. We then drew our parent club Dundee in the semi-final, which meant we couldn't play any of our first team midfield as they were all Dundee players on loan!

75 minutes into the semi-final, we were 2 goals down and pinned back, but Dundee started thinking about the final too soon, and the comeback was one Fergie would have been proud of!

This meant the final two weeks of the season were pretty gruelling for my part-timers, with four play-off games, plus the Final. I played the youth team in the last league game, even though this cost us a crack at second place. The strategy paid off, as my first team was well rested for the home leg of the League 1 play-off against Cowdenbeath, holding them to a goal-less draw.

The away leg finished at 3-3, but we were stronger in extra time.

The second play-off against Alloa was split either side of the cup final, which would have been murder if we hadn't settled it in the away leg.

To be honest, that game felt like our cup final. Celtic had obliterated all opposition in the Premier League with their super-team of EPL mercenaries, and we didn't hold out any hope of an upset at all.

Cup Final Result We set up with five at the back, and phasers set to 'malky'. I have to admit to a certain childish glee at getting to unleash Ross Tokely on David Silva :D

We held our nerve in the last match of the season, even after Alloa managed a two-goal comeback in the first half-hour. Promotion achieved, and with Celtic already competing in the Champions League, we have the bizarre prospect of a European Qualifier

So. Does any of that glory, or the prospect of turning professional next season make any of our out-of contract first-teamers want to re-sign?

Hell no. Seven of the ungrateful sods are off on frees, and two more are bleating about wanting to move to bigger clubs. Ah well. :lol:

Tactics - Seemed to hit a point where teams sussed out our 3 centre-back ploy, and just hugged the byline to draw them out of position, or cut in to get a good angle for a shot. So, moved to an Assymetric 4-1-2-2-1 which is a great tactic if you have players who are very specialised.

Player of the Season - John Rankin Only joined us in January, but was an instantly inspiring figure in the middle of the park. Crucial goals and assists in the last few weeks meant he earned his £30 promotion bonus!

Great start silKEAPE looks like you are building a club with an interesting identity.

Damn close in the Europa League duccio - a respectable performance against some useful opponents.

CJ'43 Looks like you have a good toe-hold in the top league. Burdeyni happy to extend his contract?

JonnyQuest Know what you mean about the near-post corners, I have a feeling there were less of them in the second half of my last season, not sure if there was a patch or if the game adapted?

Quick question

I'm currently doing Dafage's challenge but might give this one a whirl after I've done that. Presumably it would be okay to just create a new manager at the end of my other challenge and select a club that has just been promoted to the bottom division of any of the leagues included in this one. That way I wouldn't have to go back to the start and holiday a manager for a year before selecting a team. I could just add the relevant league and take off England.

So long as you don't start til after England has been removed this would not be an issue (Still think because of the way add leagues go you might have to holidaya season after adding the league as well).

Madalena_zpsc7847081.jpeg

Futebol Clube da Madalena - Season 2019/20;

Second Division|Graph

This was always going to be a tough Season but i think i didn't really realize just how tough. Most games we were pretty much dominated leaving us needing to beat the teams around us if we wanted to stay in the Division ... It wasn't to be, we were just not good enough and were sent packing straight back down to the Regional leagues.

Transfers

The Squad

Finances

Key Players;

Luiacutes Loureiro

Manuel Mestre

Olexandr Loginov - U21 International, choosing Ukraine over Portugal.

Youth Prospects;

YP6: Amândio Festas Coach Report

YP5a: Celso Viera

YP5b: Alcides Rocha

YP5c: Kátio Balde

YP4a: José Gonçalves

YP4b: José Carvalho

YP4c: João Laranjeira

YP3a: Rui Coelho - Gone.

YP3b: Celso Amaro

YP2a: Alexandre Silva - Gone.

YP2b: Orlando Almeida - Retired.

YP2c: Areolino António Silva - Top Scorer.

YP1: Paulo Sousa - Retired.

Season  |   League      | Position |   Cup    |   Europe   |     Other            |
________|_______________|__________|__________|____________|______________________|
14/15   |  National 'F' |    7th   | 5th rd   |     N/A    | Relegation Stage 3rd |
15/16   |  National 'F' |    2nd   | 3rd rd   |     N/A    | Promotion stage: 3rd |
16/17   |  National 'F' |    6th   | 2nd rd   |     N/A    | Relegation Stage 2nd |
17/18   |  National 'F' |    4th   | 3rd rd   |     N/A    | Relegation Stage 3rd |
18/19   |  National 'F' |    2nd   | 2nd rd   |     N/A    | Prom. Stage 2nd, up! |
19/20   | Second League |   20th   |3rd rd/Grp|     N/A    |       Relegated      |

Unlucky there brettney. Are you going to be able to keep much of your team together for next season? Good luck with getting back to the Second League.

I'm still mostly playing the lads from our Academy and most are staying this year, i am going to let a few go though just to trim the Wage's a little.

Sorry to hear that Mr_Demus, it is seeming pretty tough in Portugal...

Brettney1980 - tough luck in failing to avoid the drop. Hopefully your team will be strong enough to bounce straight back up.

Mr Demus - that’s tough going being sacked after 12 games.

As for me I am coming to the business end of the season (not had time to do any updates unfortunately) Safe to say this is going down to the wire. The team has bombed a bit since Christmas and we’re falling down the league.

Has anyone else been getting linked with other jobs? I feel like I've been doing pretty well with Mannheim, and now and then other managers in the league will complement me on overachieving with the resources we have, but not once have I been linked to another job, despite a lot of managerial changes occuring over the seasons. I appreciate that, as an English manager, some clubs in Germany would be a bit put off, but with a proven track record and now fluent German, I would have thought someone would have shown some interest at least.

Not that I'd consider even for a second leaving, but it'd be nice to be recognised once in a while :D

Always going to be tough breaking into the top few spots in Portugal duccio, so you are making nice progress. Very nice 1-0 Away win over Sporting there.

Very good win, but when I win its quite often after the opposing team has arguably played better. Its like the old "the computer had 1 shot against my 53 shots and won 2 - 0" has reversed itself.

You were unlucky to relegate with Madalena. Survival was very close with such a young squad. You are going to continue with the academy players?

Has anyone else been getting linked with other jobs? I feel like I've been doing pretty well with Mannheim, and now and then other managers in the league will complement me on overachieving with the resources we have, but not once have I been linked to another job, despite a lot of managerial changes occuring over the seasons. I appreciate that, as an English manager, some clubs in Germany would be a bit put off, but with a proven track record and now fluent German, I would have thought someone would have shown some interest at least.

Not that I'd consider even for a second leaving, but it'd be nice to be recognised once in a while :D

I have been offered a few job interviews, but they have been from clubs that have been at worse position than my own club. I don't remember which club it was, but I do recall thinking that a team that had just relegated from the Primeira Liga wanted me to jump ship even though I was doing pretty well in the same division with Juventude.

Very good win, but when I win its quite often after the opposing team has arguably played better. Its like the old "the computer had 1 shot against my 53 shots and won 2 - 0" has reversed itself.

You were unlucky to relegate with Madalena. Survival was very close with such a young squad. You are going to continue with the academy players?

I have got a few guys coming in for the new Season, i wasn't using mostly academy players on purpose it is just that the Players coming through have been so good and we haven't had much cash so it kind of just happened like that, still i have hopes of getting into the Promotion Stage at the very least this year...

100px-Oliveira_do_Bairro_SC.png

Oliveira do Bairro Sport Clube - Hugo De Luca

Hugo De Luca: Profile | Information

Oliveira Bairro: Overview | Information | League History | Squad

First order of business is to tie a few of these players down to semi-pro contracts. There's definitely a few of them that could well be key to my first season in charge. Bruno Conceição, Suleimane Baio and Tó Miguel will all be key for me, I think. The board are looking for me to achieve mid-table, and I don't feel this is an unreasonable expectation with a few good signings. Main area I want to improve upon is up front. I'm not at all convinced by the options I've got available to me.

Archived