FM 14 Big Euro Challenge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SV_Waldhof_Mannheim.png

SV Waldhof Mannheim - Season 1 (2014/15)

Any worse and this challenge would be over already

League Table

Goals all over the place - three teams conceding over 100, 6 teams scoring more than 2 a game.

We're fortunate that the 2nd teams of Bayern and Dortmund were utterly terrible, as it meant there was only really one relegation spot to worry about. We spent almost the entire season sat in the bottom three, only edging above Stuttgarter K. with three games to go. In the end, we just hung on, surviving on goal difference to fight another season. Here's hoping it'll be a better one.

Squad Stats

Heavily reliant on the goals of Vllaznim Dautaj, who formed a good partnership with Enis Saiti. We need a better goalkeeper, better centre-half and better centre of midfield.

Transfers

7 free transfers and two loan signings. In truth I probably rushed the signing of players and quickly used up by wage budget. A bit more planning might have allowed us to get a couple more in.

Finances

Losing money. Standard.

Youth candidates

Four 5-star potential players, but none considered to become better than 'good' 3rd division players. Each season I'll be tagging the one player that is picked out by my HoYD when the youth intake arrives, and keeping an eye on his progress.

YP1 Branimir Maric - Determination of 20 should help him reach his potential, but we'll have to wait and see how high that is.

Season  |  League  | Position  |    Cup     |   Europe    |     Achievement    | Top Scorer (Lge)     | Ave. Attendance 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15 | 3. Liga  |   17th    |     -      |      -      |      Survival      | Vllaznim Dautaj (21) |     2,776

Next season

Survive. Strengthen squad.

Nice solid first stage of the season LLR, nowhere near looking like you'll struggle in the Relegation stage.

So close benrollo, i'm with the players next season will be the one.

Good luck with your local club CJ'43 should make for added fun for you ... And hopefully not too much turmoil.

Sometimes a little luck is all we need johnnyquest409. And those extra 3 goals Stuttgarter conceded saw you survive, good luck with next season, hopefully that bit of luck will be enough to see you kick on.

Wick_Academy_Logo.png

Bathed in the gentle glow from the Dounreay Nuclear Power Plant, the gutted herring town of Wick is home to the most Northerly Senior football club in Great Britain.

Founded in 1893, they were effectively amateur until 2001/02 when they played a full Scottish Cup match against Threave Rovers.

The club was one of the first Highland League sides to be awarded a SFA National Club License in February 2012.

Manager

Staff

Squad

Finances

Facilities

My love for FM is really being tested at the moment, I've lost 12 competitive games in a row now, which also happens to be every game I've managed. No tactics seem to work and in fact my latest attempt at a new tactic has resulted in 1 shot in 2 games, I can only assume that my players are just that much poorer than everybody else. I will continue until I get relegated or sacked but it's really demoralising

Club Info | Manager Profile | League History

Futebol Clube de Oliveira do Hospital is a Portuguese football and futsal club based in Oliveira do Hospital, Coimbra. Founded in 1938, it currently plays in the fourth division, holding home matches at Estádio Municipal de Oliveira do Hospital, which holds 5,000 spectators.

They are a club with no notable staff and a wage budget of peanuts (£1.49k pw). They are expected to avoid relegation with a media prediction of 10th (out of 10).

Being located in Central Portugal, I'm hoping that players from all over Portugal will want to flock to this growing football club.

My main aims are to get in some staff, secure any existing players onto semi pro contracts as the club was amateur before this season, and then hopefully win enough games that we dont get relegated.

The board haven't requested any Philosophies so I'm happy enough with that.

Just hope I can enjoy a nice stay in sunny Portugal.

Ive already encountered one of my age old FM problems, Ive hit the wage budget without having a balanced squad, and looks like I cant sign anyone else at the moment, because I can only offer 0 p/w wages. Anyone would think that as someone that has been playing FM since CM97/98 that I would learn how to budget footballers!

Good Luck Gilbster & Macshimmy, noce to see a new team in Scotland, and also a new comer to Portugal

How many holidays did it take to get Wick Academy or did you just keep reloading the 1 day?

Experimenting with saves, the first couple of seasons seem to be fixed, so had to go further into the game:

13/14 - no playoff

14/15 - Always seemed to get Formartine Utd

15/16 - Always seemed to get Cove Rangers

so, after getting mighty fed up, saved a game where Formartine and then Cove had been promoted through the playoff, then carried on and got:

16/17 - Wick Academy! (ya beauty!)

so first season in game will be:

17/18

RZJ8VfE.png

Aliados Futebol Clube de Lordelo 2014/15

Transfers / Fixtures / Squad / Finances

Table first phase (6th) / Table relegation phase (1st)

Campeonato Nacional de Seniores - Série H:

Just finished my first season and I have to say that it went better than expected. The first phase could've been better, we've finished 6th, just 4 points from 3rd place. Media prediction was 8th.

In relegation stage we were almost unstopable. 1st place, we were the best team, no doubt. Scored 37 goals in 14 matches (2.4avg) and ended the season unbeatable for 11 games.

Taça de Portugal: we've only faced teams from our division, but we lost to Torreense in 3rd round.

+ Positive:

- Negative:

• Édson, probably our best player. Missed a good part of the season due to some injuries.
  • For some reason I can't explain, players and staff rejected renewal their contracts, so half the team is leaving...

At the end, I extended my contract for one more season.

Experimenting with saves, the first couple of seasons seem to be fixed, so had to go further into the game:

13/14 - no playoff

14/15 - Always seemed to get Formartine Utd

15/16 - Always seemed to get Cove Rangers

so, after getting mighty fed up, saved a game where Formartine and then Cove had been promoted through the playoff, then carried on and got:

16/17 - Wick Academy! (ya beauty!)

so first season in game will be:

17/18

Cool, I am hoping that my save going for 12hrs while I am out will get me someone I want for future. :)

And Gilbster, I have NO idea, I can't find it either.

Well this is off to an amazing.... start..

amazingly awful...

First league game we lose 3-0, first round of the cup to lower league Cacadores Taipas, it was 2-2 and then we lose 10-9 on penalties.

Most of my players that were on non contracts/amateurs have been poached, and I have a squad of about 12 real players plus the generated grey players. I'm really not sure about this, I just cant sign anyone because of the pathetic wage budget, which would have meant having to find the most budget budget players, as you cant fill a squad capable of survival on only £1.5k p/w

Possibly a stupid question but can you get your assistant manager to recommend loan signings in this version, and if so where on earth is the option?

Transfer Centre > transfer targets tab, then select whether you want transfer/free/loan recommendation, which position and role and your Ass Man (or DoF if u have one) will give you the list of recommendations

A slight aside, but isn't it stretching things to consider the Scottish League as part of this? "big euro" means bigger countries I thought, and the SPL and Scotland don't feel anything like the level to meet this criteria? I think in Gundo's thread, there is a list of league reps and SPL is well below the line for the split of the 2 challenges?

Looks like a great success for the campaign duccio, that money will surely come in handy.

Got just shy of £9K to spend on wages. Now in January, after securing a couple of bosman signings, I seem to have really maxed the wage budget out as I can't renew my current players' contracts (the highest wage I can offer is 0). A couple are at the end of their deals, so it looks like they are going to have to leave. I would have liked to keep at least one of them - Paulo Monteiro is a decent DC for Segunda Liga (its also pretty sure that is where Juventude are going to be playing next season). :(

Transfer Centre > transfer targets tab, then select whether you want transfer/free/loan recommendation, which position and role and your Ass Man (or DoF if u have one) will give you the list of recommendations

Thanks. I was wondering my self where that function had gone.

Good end to the Season winning the Relegation stage CJ'43 .. Hopefully that will put you in good stead to aim for the promotion stage next Season.

I think i am done here for now since i can't load my save past June 7th :( ... Hopefully i'll be back after the Beta. For now you'll find me over in Gundo's, i think i'll have a toy around with AEK Athens.

The attempt at Oliviera Hospital was cut short due to losing each game with at least a 3 goal margin simply not being fun, and a squad of 14 players due to a tight wad chairman, also not being much fun.

As a result I have started again, but this time at Electrico

Profile | League History | Facilities

This chairman is far more friendly a wage budget of 3.3k p/w seeming much fairer to build a squad, and I suspect Electrico's rep is a bit higher thus being able to attract slightly more players. Media prediction of 8th and pre-season odds of 25-1 gives me far more hope than the old 3000-1 I was given at the Hospital.

Lets hope I can stick with this one for slightly longer!

Good luck with Eléctrico Gilbster.

Players are quite fond of Sell On Fee Percentages, so in Portuguese lower leagues where most players have very low value, it makes sense to offer very high percentage to either lower the demanded wage or to try to woo the player if he is not that interested to join you. Money is much better in the Segunda Liga as well. I just finished 8th and received £502K. You also get about £80K for TV rights every year.

Kickers Offenbach

2014/15

353424373-ofc-logo-kickers-offenbach-a06.jpg

Table | Transfers | Squad | Star Player

Probably the quickest season I've ever completed on FM. I was effectively safe before the Christmas break after a run of a few victories, so the rest of the year was just seeing out the season. Assauer was the star player, knocking in 17 goals. Still, survival is nothing to be sneezed at when I was predicted 19th. A little disappointed I finished behind Babelsberg, who came up with me, but I'll get them in the long run. :)

I thought I had a save on 1st April 2017 which would pick new teams (Formartine & Cove Rangers already up) but now it always picks Wick! so, still confused here.

Yeah I just have no idea, I did a 20yr holiday to get the 5 teams I did...just forever.

Thinking about leaving it running further overnight to see if I can get anyone else...

Has anyone else used an instant result skin? Part of the problem why my players get very tired is that subs are not used when using the skin. Not even when there is an injury. I wonder if it is a bug or not.

I thought with Instant Result your were supposed to make a "Game Plan" and the only way to do that was in FMC, hence why the "Instant Result" button won't work for a full version, though believe last year someone created a skin where you could do that.

I thought with Instant Result your were supposed to make a "Game Plan" and the only way to do that was in FMC, hence why the "Instant Result" button won't work for a full version, though believe last year someone created a skin where you could do that.

It worked like a charm in the full version last year, but so far this year substitutes are not being used for some reason. Just wondering aloud if it is a compatibility issue that cannot be helped or a bug.

It worked like a charm in the full version last year, but so far this year substitutes are not being used for some reason. Just wondering aloud if it is a compatibility issue that cannot be helped or a bug.

Well given it is a skin over the game. The only way to test would be with a Classic game, if it works there then not a bug as not a feature of the fullversion, has been "jimmied" in there.

Hmmm thought it had issues early last year until someone fixed it, not sure then.

Perhaps I should fire up FMC or search this forum for more info. I have been using the skin quite extensively because it takes so long to micromanage in every match. Holidaying is out of the question, because then the ass man gets all the credit. :D

juventude_evora_splash.png

Season Three - 16/17

- - -

Table | Graph | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Squad | Transfers | Facilities

Campaign

Media Prediction: 21st

Final Position: 8th

Segunda Liga

Juventude's second season in Segunda Liga began really well, and the club briefly held the second position. The form did not last however, and the following more average results saw Évora not take part in the promotion battle. Still a very good 8th place will warm the hearts of the fans. I'm signing a few reasonably impressive players on bosman transfers, and I fully expect to push for promotion next season if I am capable resolving a problem related to money / defense. At the moment I can't offer new contracts to my players because of a maxed out wage budget resulting from the players that have yet to arrive. It looks like a key defender will have to leave because of this, and if I can't get a new one things might become more difficult.

Taça de Portugal

3rd Round exit for Juventude. The first Primeira club my team faced, Belenenses, were too strong.

Taça da Liga

This time I qualified from the 1st Phase, but then Primeira club Olhanense came, saw and conquered.

Players

Daniel Ramos - DC

Very promising looking young defender I loaned from Farense.

Ivan Brito - DM

Brito seems to have potential. He has Improved well.

David Viana - AMC

The main signing for this season was reasonably good, but I hoped for a little bit more.

António Seco - ST

Top goalscorer again, but I doubt he has very high potential.

[TABLE=class: MsoTableLightShadingm, width: 90%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 8, bgcolor: #d8d8d8]Progress[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 50]Season[/TD]

[TD=width: 50]League[/TD]

[TD=width: 50]Position[/TD]

[TD=width: 110]Taça de Portugal[/TD]

[TD=width: 110]Taça da Liga[/TD]

[TD=width: 110]Champions Cup[/TD]

[TD=width: 110]Euro Cup[/TD]

[TD]Achievements[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD]16/17[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD]Segunda[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

[TD]8th[/TD]

<!-- Taça de Portugal -->

[TD]3rd Rnd[/TD]

<!-- Taça da LIga -->

[TD]2nd Phase[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup-->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Euro Cup -->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Achievements -->

[TD]Most Improved team of the Year[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD]15/16[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD]Segunda[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

[TD]13th[/TD]

[TD]2nd Rnd[/TD]

<!-- Taça da LIga -->

[TD]1st Phase[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup-->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Euro Cup -->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Achievements -->

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD]14/15[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD]Nacional[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]5th Rnd[/TD]

<!-- Taça da LIga -->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup -->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Euro Cup -->

[TD]-[/TD]

<!-- Achievements -->

[TD]Promotion, Campeonato Nacional Playoff Winners[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

evora_roman_temple.jpg

This is the local butcher's shop in the city - or at least it was from the 14th century until 1836. The ancient Roman temple of Évora.

Good luck with Eléctrico Gilbster.

Players are quite fond of Sell On Fee Percentages, so in Portuguese lower leagues where most players have very low value, it makes sense to offer very high percentage to either lower the demanded wage or to try to woo the player if he is not that interested to join you. Money is much better in the Segunda Liga as well. I just finished 8th and received £502K. You also get about £80K for TV rights every year.

Where do you find the Sell on Fee Perecentage? I was going to try it but it doesnt seem to be an option.

A quick update, we have unfortunately ended up in the relegation stage of the League, having lost the last 3 games (the ones I have played since I loaded up FM after doing well earlier today, before I went out). Bit annoyed that I seem to have broken our decent streak, but hopefully we will manage to survive the relgation stage.

Hmmm. Let me check an old save...

Edit: You are correct, its not available on part time contracts. Sorry about the misinformation. Its still a great help in the second division, and probably in the top division as well, though there is definitely a chance to loose more money.

SV_Waldhof_Mannheim.png

SV Waldhof Mannheim - Season 2 (2015/16)

Baby steps

League Table

An all-round better season. We started off fairly well this year, staying around midtable for a large part of the season, before slumping downwards later on. Never really felt we were in danger of relegation this time though, so that's got to be progress.

Squad Stats

Dautaj struggled this season, with both form and injuries, but the loan signings of Max Pinter and Morten Nielsen added a bit of extra depth and quality to the squad. In goal, Gelios is certainly an improvement on what we had last year, but still pretty rubbish.

Transfers

Kept most of last year's team together, but brought in a bit more depth.

Finances

Losing money each month, but the board have injected cash a few times now to keep us out of any real trouble.

Youth candidates

A host of players who, if we hang around in the 3. liga long enough, could become quite useful to us.

YP2 Christoph Heinrichs - Pick of the bunch this year.

Season  |  League  | Position  |    Cup     |   Europe    |     Achievement    | Top Scorer (Lge)        | Ave. Attendance 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15 | 3. Liga  |   17th    |     -      |      -      |      Survival      | Vllaznim Dautaj (21)    |     2,776
2015/16 | 3. Liga  |   15th    |     -      |      -      |         -          | Fabian Schleusener (12) |     3,445

Next season

Mid-table mediocrity please. Positive goal difference? Maybe.

Electrico End of season Update - 2014/15

Relegated on last day of season and promptly sacked. Feels like this morning the team could do no wrong and that we were looking good in the first part of the league, where we finished 4th. Then I went out for the afternoon and when I resumed the save, they played like a completely different side. No idea what I did wrong. We were relegated straight instead of going to the last chance of survival playoff based on results between us and Fut. Benfica.

Does FM14 get a match engine update or any other sorts of updates when it goes off Beta this week? If so I may hold off retrying anywhere, until the full version. Or I may be back tomorrow somewhere. What really hurts was I was following what someone in the tactics forum was doimg with a lower league tactic and it was working for a bit.

Sorry for no screenshots but seems utterly pointless when I'm clearly not continuing this attempt.

Archived