Sports Interactive Community
Kriss

FM 2014 Pre-Release Beta - Official feedback thread.

They're not shouts, they're quite clear instructions. It's not like guessing how far to move a slider, these make more sense as an actual person describing how to play a game of football to a player.

Why alienate a number of long term fans by eliminating a feature we enjoyed? You think non-quantified instructions are how scientific teams like dortmund approach football?

Well just had a quick play and what can I say?? I'm very impressed!!

Like before I am not keen on that *big pop up thing when you continue, *The match overview isn't great and still a bit cluttered. *And there needs to be a darker skin.

But the *3D match engine looks sick, *interface more sleeker than 2013, *more realistic in many areas of the game (negotiations,player ratings,player/staff interactions..)

These are just a few things I've noticed in an hour of playing, so far so good :) might be able to start enjoying FM again like I used to.

Surprised so far, it's actually decent!

One minor thing thus far to report - the opposition goalkeeper had come on as a sub on the 73rd minute, Everton have a free kick - and before the 'keeper can take his position Gibson fires it into an empty net from 45 yards!

Fourth goal in this clip - sorry for low quality, and I can't figure out to rewind further with the highlight.

[video=youtube;1O_AodpEdLs]

Could you please go here http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/347-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks and upload your game for me please? How to do it can be found in the forum.

There is a problem with zoom out:

When we personalize the views and then select to adjust, this happens:

http://i.imgur.com/dUoXvmJ.png

Here i don't have to explain what happens:

http://i.imgur.com/xRClk5F.png

We're aware of both of these issues and are currently reviewing them, thanks for raising.

We're aware of both of these issues and are currently reviewing them, thanks for raising.

you're welcome. We're here to help.

Can u explain me why "B" teams still not worth for anything? We can't disponibilize one player of the main team to play for the "B" team without sending him to there, and if we send players to the "B" team they don't make a significant progress. Is it so difficult to put the settings similar to what happens with the "Reserve" Squads?

Something's wrong with former players signing as youth coaches.

First case - me:

Started career at Widzew Łódź, Poland Top Division. The team is poor, and last years was not visible in Europe at all. The coaching team advices me to sign as a youth coach - ANDRIY SHEVCHENKO! What's even less realistic, this world class player, with experience of Milan and Chelsea, would agree to join my team for only 6000 euro monthly (while he's used to earn some, let's think, 200 000 euro monthly as a player?). There's in reality no chance, that a player of such reputation agrees even to talk with team like Widzew. Not now, in 2013. In 2043, maybe...

Second case - my friend

Started at Jagiellonia Białystok, the same league as above. Signed as coaches: Emile Mpenza, Andriy Vorobey and Jari Litmanen. Again total unreality.

I guess it requests serious tweaks, and tomorrow I'll check, if the same is with players...

is it me or the defense is really really bad

I dont play the Beta but im very interested in this because i prefer playing quite defensive. Maybe some other people can say if they are experiencing the same? Would appreciate this.

A little thing, but love how you can now see the difference in positions when using the analysis with the different coloured circles for substitutions.

Really loving it ! I have a small question . is it impossible to import/export presets ? I can save them, butt will i be able to 'upload, import ' them in a new game/save ?

Something's wrong with former players signing as youth coaches.

First case - me:

Started career at Widzew Łódź, Poland Top Division. The team is poor, and last years was not visible in Europe at all. The coaching team advices me to sign as a youth coach - ANDRIY SHEVCHENKO! What's even less realistic, this world class player, with experience of Milan and Chelsea, would agree to join my team for only 6000 euro monthly (while he's used to earn some, let's think, 200 000 euro monthly as a player?). There's in reality no chance, that a player of such reputation agrees even to talk with team like Widzew. Not now, in 2013. In 2043, maybe...

Second case - my friend

Started at Jagiellonia Białystok, the same league as above. Signed as coaches: Emile Mpenza, Andriy Vorobey and Jari Litmanen. Again total unreality.

I guess it requests serious tweaks, and tomorrow I'll check, if the same is with players...

I see what you are saying, but frankly.. a playing career of a person has very little to do with where they would go to learn their trade as coaches..

I'll take one example.. Litmanen.. he went back to play for lahti and hjk before he retired to play.. why would it be beyond them to go and learn coaching at a team like yours?

The debt issues are the only gamebreaker ive seen so far. The screenshot above showing Sunderland going into administration in the first season shows that. FM says our debt is over 200m, this guardian article says £84m. http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/apr/18/premier-league-club-accounts-debt

Any Sunderland researcher would know Short turned a lot of the debt into shares so the apparent £161m owed to Short in game is a complete fabrication and is ridiculous

In sigames fm match day video:

(after 05:50). "The assistant manager can now offer advice before a game, aswell as during it"

Where can i find this info pre match? I want to see the pre match advice from the Ass Manager.There is no option pre match, i need this info to give the correct team talks. I only can see this info after the match have started!!! I have only played a friendly game, but the ass man advice dont show up before i hit the play game button and the match starts... Please help me

The debt issues are the only gamebreaker ive seen so far. The screenshot above showing Sunderland going into administration in the first season shows that. FM says our debt is over 200m, this guardian article says £84m. http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/apr/18/premier-league-club-accounts-debt

Any Sunderland researcher would know Short turned a lot of the debt into shares so the apparent £161m owed to Short in game is a complete fabrication and is ridiculous

Data issue... post in the relevant thread please.

I rarely played FM13 due to how hard it was, is FM14 on the same level?

I dont get why SI would remove team tactics for shouts. It completely wrong imo, people who havent used shouts before like me could struggle.

Bad move from SI.

Difficulty? Don't know.

One thing for sure, the away penalties seem less severe. Generally seeing bigger clubs win away quite handily now. Though that may be just me. In 13 they struggled away far, far too often. But don't quote me on it, I'm not out of the friendlies phases (cos y'know, tinker, tailor, soldier, spy!)

ME Defense is horrid from what i am seeing its really bad , fullbacks standing still and letting ball pass. ignoring the player marking instructions

GK also are mentally challenged

I'm on Linux, Kernel 3.8.0, latest Intel Graphics drivers, and in 3D match my pitch is completely black. Any thoughts on this?

Really enjoying playing FM14 on my Linux machine, runs like a dream and the crashing I get with Windows has not shown its head yet.

Game has completely frozen for me now, when I try and min/ max it from the taskbar it just gives me a steam error saying game is already running. Was working fine until I plugged in my hdmi cable to my telly to watch something on that and dual monitor it while playing.

What about my other question? :

2. Wasn't there suppose to be an option for instant result in the main game?

instant result was a mod that brought the FMC button into the main game.

ME Defense is horrid from what i am seeing its really bad , fullbacks standing still and letting ball pass. ignoring the player marking instructions

GK also are mentally challenged

Raise the issues with examples on our Match Engine bugs forum please here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/347-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Game has completely frozen for me now, when I try and min/ max it from the taskbar it just gives me a steam error saying game is already running. Was working fine until I plugged in my hdmi cable to my telly to watch something on that and dual monitor it while playing.

CTRL+ALT+DEL to task manager and delete the fm.exe process....

restart the game.. should help you get back in game, but it will obviously lose you the current one.

Already done just thought id mention it here after the league table screenshot

Ah my apologies... some of my answers become second nature after the hundredth time :D

Love the new tactics system. Soooo many injuries though, I don't care how much research they've done on ratio's they are too common and too severe too often.

Don't know whether its been mentioned, but whenever I click on something during a match, when I go back to the pitch screen the widgets have moved/are displaying something else.

CTRL+ALT+DEL to task manager and delete the fm.exe process....

restart the game.. should help you get back in game, but it will obviously lose you the current one.

Yup, obvs forgot to say I've done that, back to square one though as had rolling autosave on monthly grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:(

edit:

Ok, it's definitely something to do with dual monitoring. I play FM windowed on my laptop desktop, have WMP playing some tv through my hdmi cable to my telly and whenever I switch from the internet to FM my media player on the exapanded desktop/ telly goes out of full screen and just into the small player window and FM freezes...

Don't know whether its been mentioned, but whenever I click on something during a match, when I go back to the pitch screen the widgets have moved/are displaying something else.

known bug in the forums

I can't even Activate my Beta code, anyone got any tips?

Is an issue with Steam. You need to update your client. Within Steam, go to the upper left hand corner of the Steam window, click "Steam" and then "Check for Steam client updates."

This should update your client. Once this is done you should be able to install and run the game. Let me know how you get on, thanks.

I have an issue. In the Squad view, when we sort the players by position, after a while, when we come back to that view, the game automatically sorts by starting 11 again.

Played a cup tie featuring my League 2 Scottish side against a team from two divisions above. Set my formation to ultra defensive to counter the huge gap in quality. On FM13, this would generally have resulted in a low scoring game, or the better team winning comfortably.

I won 4-3.

What I noticed most about it was that both teams really went for it in an attacking sense. While that may have been realistic for the away side, my own team should never have been so gung ho. We were 3-1 up at one stage, so it wasn't as if we were chasing the game.

Also, as has been mentioned, on the ME itself, fullbacks are simply not tracking runners. So many angled balls from midfield are finding a runner in acres of space, and with the poor positioning of the goalkeepers, it's normally a simple tap in. I hope this gets fixed, as otherwise the ME looks solid.

Anyone can explain this? Is it so difficult to put the settings similar to what happens with the "Reserve" Squads?

This is a crucial feature. Without this, B teams are useless. They should be like the real-life counterparts in which youngster develop and main squad players get playing time to get fit. With the actual structure they are completely obsolete. Players there should develop like they do when playing for the youth setup.

Also, just noticed something weird in regards to the issue of agent fees being taken from your transfer budget.

In my lower league Scottish game, I signed free agent striker, David Winters. I have no transfer budget, but on the transfer confirmation screen, it says that £850 would be deducted from this budget. The deal somehow still went through. On checking the player's profile after this, it says he has no agent, and in my own profile, it says I have paid £0 in agent fees. What on earth was this £850 for then?

This is a crucial feature. Without this, B teams are useless. They should be like the real-life counterparts in which youngster develop and main squad players get playing time to get fit. With the actual structure they are completely obsolete. Players there should develop like they do when playing for the youth setup.

Do you mean in regards to tactics or training?

Also, just noticed something weird in regards to the issue of agent fees being taken from your transfer budget.

In my lower league Scottish game, I signed free agent striker, David Winters. I have no transfer budget, but on the transfer confirmation screen, it says that £850 would be deducted from this budget. The deal somehow still went through. On checking the player's profile after this, it says he has no agent, and in my own profile, it says I have paid £0 in agent fees. What on earth was this £850 for then?

Would be worth raising this here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/349-Transfers-Contracts-and-Responsibilities

If you have a save game from just beforehand it's be really helpful.

The Portuguese teams B are poorly made, they are more like the reserves of English clubs and not like the Spanish B teams!

In reality the club can change the players between B team and A team during all the season! They share the same training facilities

In the game the B teams are useless even the U19 are better to develop players

Do you mean in regards to tactics or training?

They are like the "Reserve" teams of English Clubs in everything (training and tatics). The players move between A and B teams to get fit or to recover from injuries and so on.. It's exactly the same as "Reserve" teams in England. They can play freely on A team or B team.

The only difference is that in Portugal the "B" teams compete in the second league and cannot get promoted (this is the ONLY rule similar to "B" teams in Spain). Which in England doesn't happen this because there is a properly competition for reserve squads.

They are like the "Reserve" teams of English Clubs in everything (training and tatics). The only difference is that in Portugal the "B" teams compete in the second league and cannot get promoted (this is the rule similar to "B" teams in Spain).

Yep, as they are managed by a different staff member though they work a bit differently in game, so you won't have quite the same control over squad selection I'm afraid.