Sports Interactive Community
Kriss

FM 2014 Pre-Release Beta - Official feedback thread.

Most of this is now included within the narrative press conferences or prompted for the user to comment upon. Not sure about endorsing a youngster and those ones, will have to check with someone else.

Thanks, Neil.

Most of this is now included within the narrative press conferences or prompted for the user to comment upon. Not sure about endorsing a youngster and those ones, will have to check with someone else.

I REALLY miss the option to endorse players as well, as it was a good way to disrupt morale. Haven't managed to find it in FM2014 yet :(

Game looks superb so far though :)

Pretty sure I just saw Pyro in the stands, is that new ?

No, I have seen that in FM2013 as well :)

Others have mentioned it, but I really like the transfer/wage negotiations. It's nice to have reasonable clauses and stuff to actually consider, rather than silly counter offers. Same goes for the wage negotiations, I feel like I can come to a compromise now that would satisfy all parties in a realistic manner.

My only problem so far is the ME has been a bit laggy, that's probably just my computer, but I'm not sure why. It's a fairly decent spec, I can run most games at medium to high (to ultra high, depends), and it has a 5* rating on FM. Maybe I just need to fiddle with the settings, see how it is on a lower one.

1) Yep. That option wasn't very popular and when switched on could cause issues with the layout. Thus, it was decided for the option to be removed.

What about my other question? :

2. Wasn't there suppose to be an option for instant result in the main game?

Pretty sure I just saw Pyro in the stands, is that new ?

No this has been in the game for a while. It is only specific to certain clubs however.

What about my other question? :

2. Wasn't there suppose to be an option for instant result in the main game?

Instant Result isn't supported in the main game, it is FMC only.

In the squad screen when the players are displayed after position (GK, DR, DL, DC etc), the order is often random with goalies appearing with the midfielders. Might seem like a small thing, but when you go through 100s of squads it get annoying to need to refresh the squad screen by clicking the "position" icon.

Why is it not possible to access your assistant managers feedback before you are starting a match on the matchday.(Pre match information screen).?

This means that you cannot analyse the Pre-Match section of his feedback such as complacency, players who are being cocky during warm-up. This is an important feature in terms of knowing what to say in the individual talks.

Have i missed something?

Looking for this info pre match: http://gratisupload.dk/vis_billede/687481/

Ive just noticed something, i tried to sign Souttar from Dundee United and part of the offer was to loan him back for the season. They accepted but when it came to the contract negotiation it came up read as he didnt want to be loaned back so i had to exit talks. Now i cant make another offer for him as it comes up showing the previous offer and is greyed out. Does this mean we can only ever make one offer for a player?

Also i offered contracts to 5 scouts on the first day, it has now been a month and they still havent made a decision

With regards to the match engine I have noticed the ball seems to be hitting the woodwork excessive amounts of times in a game. The ball is hitting the woodwork about 10 times on average per game, both shots and crosses keep hitting the woodwork and a lot of goals have went in off the woodwork.

Hmmm, I switched between the game and the desktop (I miss windowed mode so much) and it caused my desktop to freeze, meaning I had to log out for FM to shut down. Frustrating. I'm really impressed with the game so far, but I've found that it lags quite a bit and the lack of any sort of windowed mode for me and no dark skin isn't making this the easiest of experiences.

Why "B" teams still not worth for anything? We can't disponibilize one player of the main team to play for the "B" team without sending him to there, and if we send players to the "B" team they don't make a significant progress.

Anyone can explain this? Is it so difficult to put the settings similar to what happens with the "Reserve" Squads?

Can anyone tell me how much has tactics changed? I have been used to the sliders for years be it for classic tactics or for the TC.

Please dont tell me the tactics are largely based on shouts as I have never used them and when I did I hated them.

Why the Full Screen option when watching a game is not there?

There is a button in the bottom right hand corner next to where you select widgets to enter this.

Can anyone tell me how much has tactics changed? I have been used to the sliders for years be it for classic tactics or for the TC.

Please dont tell me the tactics are largely based on shouts as I have never used them and when I did I hated them.

Shouts have basically replaced the 'team tactics' section now. It's not something I'm particularly happy with, as I've often found shouts to be vague and misleading.

The way you can save individual instructions for each player is absolutely superb. One of the best additions in recent years

I'm beginning to get very frustrated with players not tackling now. It's the same thing that was present in last years beta, fullbacks especially never even attempt to make a challenge until it's too late.

Fulham made a derisory offer for Bellamy and he goes crazy when I don't accept it! Unless he is really really unhappy I am Sunday league then he wouldn't be so desperate to leave Cardiff

Might be more 'realistic', but this has killed the game for me. Most lower league clubs have zero transfer budget (in fact, some bigger clubs also do). The amount of frees you can sign is limited enough, now you won't be able to sign a single free who has an agent. Poor show.

Also, nowhere on the transfer confirmation screen does it inform you what this fee is for.

Been impressed so far, but this is a gamebreaker for me.

that would be a big concern for me as well. How is it supposed to work for lower league clubs now?

Hmmm, I switched between the game and the desktop (I miss windowed mode so much) and it caused my desktop to freeze, meaning I had to log out for FM to shut down. Frustrating. I'm really impressed with the game so far, but I've found that it lags quite a bit and the lack of any sort of windowed mode for me and no dark skin isn't making this the easiest of experiences.

Are you sure about the windowed mode?

Annoying, not sure if mentioned already...

When looking on the search players list...clicking on a player some way down the list to look at him, then clicking back to the list will, once again (this has happened before) send you back to the list but AT THE TOP again, not where you just left.

set this on the steam launch options on FM 2014 properties "-windowed " (without the ") the game will start in windowed mode

Almost time for bed, unlike some I can not have a day off, being a stay at home Dad is not all it is cracked up to be. :)

So far quite happy with the beta release, the complaints I would have is pretty much standard for any game moving into open beta.

-In the 3D match the new menus will take some getting used too.

-There is a noticeable slowdown when selecting some sub menus.

-The widgets moving (as has been reported here) is quite annoying.

Also when I was trying to offer a player a contract the board would not even let me offer him €1 a week and it was not clear as to why that was, I tried a few times and then I just asked the board to take care of the contract as it was an important deal for the club, they offered a deal but we lost out, was pretty annoying as I am sure I could have got the deal done.

I see someone has reported something similar but concerning a staff contract so hopefully that will be sorted out.

On the plus side there is a lot to like about this release.

-I really enjoy the pre-match screens with a lot more information.

-While I have only played a few games the ME looks quite nice.

-Also in the 3D match it is really easy to add your assistances advice.

Quite a lot more I am enjoying but I am going to have a ciggie and a beer and hit the hay. :)

that would be a big concern for me as well. How is it supposed to work for lower league clubs now?

As it does irl now, if the player has an agent and you can't afford his fee you dip out.

It'll make it realistically hard in the lower leagues which it never has been before.

This would be great

If you can, set it to your native resolution, then use Shift Window (first google hit for that is the right one) to set it so it sits right. It's essentially Bordered Borderless Windowed mode. I use Shift Window for all sorts of uncooperative games that dont include borderless mode.

Shouts have basically replaced the 'team tactics' section now. It's not something I'm particularly happy with, as I've often found shouts to be vague and misleading.

I rarely played FM13 due to how hard it was, is FM14 on the same level?

I dont get why SI would remove team tactics for shouts. It completely wrong imo, people who havent used shouts before like me could struggle.

Bad move from SI.

Thinking of Pre-ordering tonight, but how long will it roughly take to Download?

Depends on your download speed, It took me 15 minutes, yeah I went there :p I have a great download speed.

In all truth it should not take more than 40 minutes, it is a smallish file.

I rarely played FM13 due to how hard it was, is FM14 on the same level?

I dont get why SI would remove team tactics for shouts. It completely wrong imo, people who havent used shouts before like me could struggle.

Bad move from SI.

They're not shouts, they're quite clear instructions. It's not like guessing how far to move a slider, these make more sense as an actual person describing how to play a game of football to a player.

My Liverpool scout Fallows thinks that 17 year old Jack Grealish (currently on loan from Aston Villa at Notts County) would be an important player for the team if I sign him. Same with 16 year old Zivkovic of Groningen and Bakkali (17, PSV). Bug?

They're not shouts, they're quite clear instructions. It's not like guessing how far to move a slider, these make more sense as an actual person describing how to play a game of football to a player.

If there are not shouts then what are they?

Raise it here and we'll look into it - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/342-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

Also are you trying to use the Real Names fix?

I forgot to take a screenshot, and i can't remember the error code, is it still worth posting? If it happens again i'll be sure to take a screenshot and definitely post it up.

And i don't know what that fix is! So i don't think so.

i use daily autosave and gone way past it sorry, if it helps in his and the other players with long seasons player histories there is no mention of 200 odd game seasons

I forgot to take a screenshot, and i can't remember the error code, is it still worth posting? If it happens again i'll be sure to take a screenshot and definitely post it up.

And i don't know what that fix is! So i don't think so.

It's not so much about getting the screenshot, more about figuring out what caused it and making sure it doesn't happen again. If you create a thread there, I can ask for some more info which could explain why this has happened for you.

He just told you. They are instructions. It's a far better way of setting up tactics than moving some sliders up and down

Instructions. You're not shouting 'Pass Into Space' - it's a very clear instruction to the team.

If you asked someone playing a game of football to Play Wider, they'd know exactly what you mean.

Ok thanks for claryfing that Neil, I just was worried that it was dominated by shouts.

In terms of other major features could you be able to state it or anyone for that matter and is it really much more improvements than FM13 apart from the overhaul of the tactics?

Can only mention my first impression. 80-something leagues from 30-something countries. 125k players.

Crashed on the first continue. 3 times. So basically 3 crashes in 6 minutes (not counting the time it took to load the database).

Going to experiment with all leagues playable and 168k players. Then i'll try with a more normal amount of leagues. Although the first setup is a normal one for me.

My Liverpool scout Fallows thinks that 17 year old Jack Grealish (currently on loan from Aston Villa at Notts County) would be an important player for the team if I sign him. Same with 16 year old Zivkovic of Groningen and Bakkali (17, PSV). Bug?

They're talking about his potential rather than his current ability.

Surprised so far, it's actually decent!

One minor thing thus far to report - the opposition goalkeeper had come on as a sub on the 73rd minute, Everton have a free kick - and before the 'keeper can take his position Gibson fires it into an empty net from 45 yards!

Fourth goal in this clip - sorry for low quality, and I can't figure out to rewind further with the highlight.

[video=youtube;1O_AodpEdLs]