FM 2014 Pre-Release Beta - Official feedback thread.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are the game specs higher this year?

As always, a new edition means improvements across the board and there will always be a raise in specs needed.. I still get the same star ratings etc though don't worry.

I've needed a new laptop for the last year and a half tbh... just can't afford one!

That's natural for a game as popular as this in the first hour of release sadly

Well after restarting and trying again it appeared to be starting up but then nothing happened - still on desktop. Clicking on Football Manager 14 ok brings another error message "app already running". Task manager confirms this - but no window.

Hmm good point Nimic...

that location does say :

4suX5XhFY6szkmaH8WBy.png

which suggests everything goes into that location?

Something to bring up on the reporting issues section I imagine.

Oh, you're right, it does. I never actually clicked on the "change folder" button, which is the only place that information is. That's a bit of an oversight, in my opinion. Although I guess they're thinking that the only people who would have use for a custom user files folder would be able to figure it out.

Can we please keep this topic for FEEDBACK ON THE GAME ONLY please?

Thanks.

Think there should be separate threads for 1) technical support 2) first impressions and 3) bugs reporting. Feedback is too broad a term for people to grasp what it is.

• Administrators
Think there should be separate threads for 1) technical support 2) first impressions and 3) bugs reporting. Feedback is too broad a term for people to grasp what it is.

There are separate forum areas for technical support and bug reporting, here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/341

• Administrators

There's separate FORUMS for Technical Support and Bugs Reporting

They are here - Technical Support and here - Bugs Reporting.

There's an entire bug reporting forum for you to use, as there is also a technical support one.

• Administrators
Well after restarting and trying again it appeared to be starting up but then nothing happened - still on desktop. Clicking on Football Manager 14 ok brings another error message "app already running". Task manager confirms this - but no window.

It's in the FAQ - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=210

• Administrators
Apologies if this has been reported or stated won't work in the beta, but just incase;

Windowed mode is not selectable from "Window mode and resolution"

What's your system resolution? If it's not high enough you'll only be able to run in full screen.

• Administrators

We always had a date in mind, but as always with these kinds of things it needed to be fully tested and signed off. If a last minute issue came up, we'd have to push it back disappointing a number of people. So instead, we prefer not to pre-announce and release when it's ready.

I'm very disapointed with the portuguese database. There are so many errors in basic things. I don't know who is working for SI, but it's time to put serious people working on it. Every year is the same sh*t. We pay the game so we hope the best of SI workers and not this.

Wow, loving the amount of leagues you can get up to on FM Classic. Got eleven countries running, with most divisions set up in each on a large database, and the game still gets a speed rating of 3 stars.

The UI looks a lot fresher and more detailed too. Not played a game yet, but first impressions are really good.

I'm very disapointed with the portuguese database. There are so many errors in basic things. I don't know who is working for SI, but it's time to put serious people working on it. Every year is the same sh*t. We pay the game so we hope the best of SI workers and not this.

Hi, if you have issues with the Portugese data, could please post constructive information within the relevant thread in the data issues forum : http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/356-Football-Manager-2014-Data-Issues

When doing so remember to:

1. State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.
  2. State what you think the data should be.
  3. State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements

Thanks

• Administrators
I've verified the installation is okay and I don't have a settings file yet, probably as the game hasn't started up yet. Alt, Shift + F10 did nothing. Running as administrator, changing exe to run in xp compatability mode - all to no avail. At least trying the latter gave me a crash dump!

Okay create a thread here and I'll try to help further - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/342-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

• Administrators
1366x 768

That's too low to run in Windowed mode currently. On release there will be an option to change the zoom mode (to 0.75) which will allow that resolution to run, but currently that function to change the zoom and allow you to do this is not working correctly.

Thanks.

• Administrators
1366x768

On FM13 I could play windowed fine but now I can't

That's too low to run in Windowed mode currently. On release there will be an option to change the zoom mode (to 0.75) which will allow that resolution to run, but currently that function to change the zoom and allow you to do this is not working correctly.

Thanks.

All loaded up fine, in windowed mode on 1900x1080. 50k players and 7 countries, runs pretty smoothly so far, on par with fm13.

The interface is very clear and easy to get around. Looking forward to having a scout around the game and will report back with feedback

Just played a few pre season matches. First impressions are positive. I'm playing FMC

The improvements to the UI are excellent. Transfer negotiations are streamlined which I love. Everything just looks nice and clean with plenty of information where I'd expect it to be.

Player models and animations in the ME are excellent. The player skating thing seems to have been significantly improved.

I've been able to get my team playing one-touch passing football and it's been great to watch. Some defending is questionable but the attacking player has been impressive. Still early days for the ME though.

The player instructions and shouts are brilliant and make sense to a tactical simpleton like me. Good riddance to sliders.

I've been able to sell all my unwanted players easier than ever before.

Just played a few pre season matches. First impressions are positive. I'm playing FMC

The improvements to the UI are excellent. Transfer negotiations are streamlined which I love. Everything just looks nice and clean with plenty of information where I'd expect it to be.

Player models and animations in the ME are excellent. The player skating thing seems to have been significantly improved.

I've been able to get my team playing one-touch passing football and it's been great to watch. Some defending is questionable but the attacking player has been impressive. Still early days for the ME though.

The player instructions and shouts are brilliant and make sense to a tactical simpleton like me. Good riddance to sliders.

I've been able to sell all my unwanted players easier than ever before.

Hi what is the match overview like? Is it all cluttered like (2013) or Clean like (2009)???

Is it possible to use mouse buttons 4 and 5 to go back and forward through screens? They're set to function as internet back and forward buttons and the shortcuts screen doesn't seem to recognise them as an input. I had it working with FM13, I just can't remember how I did it, or if I even had to do anything.

Scrub that, it's suddenly started to behave itself without having to change any settings at all. Not sure what was going on there.

One thing to feed back is if FM14 is defocussed in Windows 8, when it becomes the focussed application again, the screen is sometimes largely blank with just the top bar visible.

Archived