Sports Interactive Community
Kriss

FM 2014 Pre-Release Beta - Official feedback thread.

What is wrong here

It stays the same in full screen and windowed mode. I shrunk it to show my monitor is fine as you can see my desktop colours are fine

0ouy.png

It's going to take some getting used to. I just signed a striker for 6.8 million and had 9 taken out my account. I can't see where it tells you its going to cost 9 anywhere before the confirmation screen.

On the contract screen add up the agent fee and player loyalty fee etc, does this add up to 2.2 million i.e. the difference between 9m account deduction and 6.8m player sale cost

Ok, Rangers cant buy players until Septbember but why cant i make Future Transfers? I cant do anything until September but Rangers in real life bought players before September and got them at the 3rd of September. If i try it always says i cant do transfers.

Sometimes, yeah.

Tends to happen more when you play a direct style.

This was definitely the most annoying feature of the ME for me last year and I really hope it gets sorted. I'll hold off on buying until I have a bit more feedback.

Ok, Rangers cant buy players until Septbember but why cant i make Future Transfers? I cant do anything until September but Rangers in real life bought players before September and got them at the 3rd of September. If i try it always says i cant do transfers.

No they didnt, the got the players to agree to join them, without the players signing anything until they were able too.

Backroom advice meetings take a very long time to load for me.

Yeah known issue we're looking into. Thanks for raising it.

No they didnt, the got the players to agree to join them, without the players signing anything until they were able too.

ahhhh, ok. now i get it :)

thanks

This is the best game ever and awesome! But I think the font could be better perhaps bigger letters and more beautiful font. What do you think guys?

I have just holidayed through 5 seasons with four top divisions loaded. The English, Spanish, German and Italian top leagues with matches all in full detail. It still appears that a recurring problem from the last four or five FM games has continued. Too few goals are being scored from DFK's (direct free kicks) As in all leagues the most scored in one season was the Spanish Premier League where 8 DFK's were scored in the whole season. But on average from all divisions which is 20 seasons of top flight football in the four top divisions, 5 DFK's are being scored in each season by all teams in each division. Now if you look at the Premier league this season I think nearly 10 DFK's have been scored already with teams only having played 7 games each. So basically so far in this premier league season, double the amount of DFK's have been scored after round 7 than in round 38 in FM.

Secondly Goalkeepers still do not make contact with players. This means goalkeepers are not getting booked, not getting sent off and cant give away fouls or penalties. Very unrealistic. There were roughly twelve yellow cards for goalkeepers last season in the premier and 2 red cards and that was quite modest as previous seasons irl have been higher. In FM there hasnt been a single red card for a goalkeeper in 20 seasons of top flight football throughout footballs top four divisions.

How do u zoom in ? I can zoom out 0.75 of standard size but no option to zoom in

That would be because your monitor's resolution is not high enough to support an increased zoom.

In FM13 there was an issue that you was not able to see your assistant's pre-match feedback actually for the match started. I have been told several times that this would be fixed in FM14, but I still cannot find it. Maybe it's me, but it looks like it is still only accessible while the match has already started...

Am I missing something or is no option where you can create personalized Player "Set Piece" instructions?

The instructions are there for "Any player", but disappear when you add a player to create individual personalized instructions.

Due to a number of complications, you can't give specific set piece instructions per player. It's something we'll consider supporting in the future.

Enjoying the Beta so far. Just a few minor issues - is it possible to make the font colour of your team different like on previous versions? Just makes it easier when trying to scan for your team with cup draws etc. Also Premier League betting odds, were Man Utd 16/1 favourites! Surely a little generous!!

What is wrong here

It stays the same in full screen and windowed mode. I shrunk it to show my monitor is fine as you can see my desktop colours are fine

0ouy.png

People keep on moaning about the bright skin, asking for a darker one. Guess that's the new pink skin in reaction to this issue then.

:p

Enjoying the Beta so far. Just a few minor issues - is it possible to make the font colour of your team different like on previous versions? Just makes it easier when trying to scan for your team with cup draws etc. Also Premier League betting odds, were Man Utd 16/1 favourites! Surely a little generous!!

Yea, this stunned me. I'm managing Arsenal and seeing them at 40-1 for the title was a touch too much. I'm not managing Sp*rs!

Liking the beta. Transfer signings seem easy now as well as contracts.

But something is wrong with AI asking prices. Javi Garcia is valued 6.25m and city are asking only 675k. Yes he is on 110k wage but still. Same with Anderson. Value 11m, asking 3.1m.

pb6SnJ5.jpg

What should I do if i have texted the correct code into Steam, but it wont install the game?

Just be patience?

My Steam is online

I can't find a way to recall a player from loan. I loaned out Josh McEachern with a recall clause, but the option isn't under his "Transfer" section like it was last year, or anywhere else I've looked.

Also, my team not being a different font color than the others really makes it tough to spot your position in the League Table etc.

I can't find a way to recall a player from loan. I loaned out Josh McEachern with a recall clause, but the option isn't under his "Transfer" section like it was last year, or anywhere else I've looked.

Also, my team not being a different font color than the others really makes it tough to spot your position in the League Table etc.

If your out of the transfer window you wont be able to recall him.

I have just holidayed through 5 seasons with four top divisions loaded. The English, Spanish, German and Italian top leagues with matches all in full detail. It still appears that a recurring problem from the last four or five FM games has continued. Too few goals are being scored from DFK's (direct free kicks) As in all leagues the most scored in one season was the Spanish Premier League where 8 DFK's were scored in the whole season. But on average from all divisions which is 20 seasons of top flight football in the four top divisions, 5 DFK's are being scored in each season by all teams in each division. Now if you look at the Premier league this season I think nearly 10 DFK's have been scored already with teams only having played 7 games each. So basically so far in this premier league season, double the amount of DFK's have been scored after round 7 than in round 38 in FM.

Secondly Goalkeepers still do not make contact with players. This means goalkeepers are not getting booked, not getting sent off and cant give away fouls or penalties. Very unrealistic. There were roughly twelve yellow cards for goalkeepers last season in the premier and 2 red cards and that was quite modest as previous seasons irl have been higher. In FM there hasnt been a single red card for a goalkeeper in 20 seasons of top flight football throughout footballs top four divisions.

Both of these are known issues and on our radar.....

Enjoying the game very much so far, only a couple of gripes with the ME.

Can't get the defensive settings quite right (so maybe it's my problem), but defenders either seem to press too much, which makes them get sucked out of position, or too little, and then the opposition players just breeze through everyone until they're in the box and have enough space and time to shoot. I've tried plenty of options by now and can't seem to improve upon these two extremes too much (and I've tried selecting no options at all as well).

The second issue is the goalkeeper constantly booting it forward despite me telling him to distribute to defenders / distribute to specific defender. I've tried telling him to play short as well. I don't think it's because the defenders aren't in good positions as they're often in yards of space.

Anyway, very happy overall like I said at the start. Currently 5th with Everton in March so can't complain too much :)

I'd love to hear the pre-match discussion where Mourinho tells Hazard he needs to be one notch more attacking and two notches less creative

No of course, he would never tell a player to play 20% further up the pitch; he'd just say play higher without quantifying it. Ludicrous point. All the top teams use scientific (aka quantifiable) measures in tactics. Dortmund's "Gegenpressing" is evidence of this. Sliders are not perfect, but they give this scientific, quantifiable approach rather than vague instructions.

Can you please post the first issue in the UI bugs forum (http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/350-User-Interface)?

We're aware of the second issue.

I tried managing in MLS as Real Salt Lake to see if it was enjoyable or not. It takes very little time for the AI players to start making trade offers, usually involving draft picks or "international player slots".

I can look at the tab to see how many draft picks I am scheduled to receive in upcoming years, but I have no way of knowing how many "international slots" I have available. It seems I can trade these away for some period of years, but again, I would like to know whether I have already traded away the slots in upcoming years.

Lastly, it is very hard to know how much $$$ a draft pick or an international slot is worth. I get that draft picks could change wildly in value depending on where a team finishes in the league, but a new human manager has no idea what sort of player "value" the team is likely to receive from a first round pick in the superdraft. It seems like the AI teams will make lots of offers asking for starting players on my team in exchange for an international slot - but I get the distinct impression that these are "lowball" offers that I would be stupid to accept.

MLS has a lot of confusing rules. SI have done a pretty good job to improve that area of the game. Still, without a comprehensive guide for first time managers, it's still too confusing to jump straight into.

No of course, he would never tell a player to play 20% further up the pitch; he'd just say play higher without quantifying it. Ludicrous point. All the top teams use scientific (aka quantifiable) measures in tactics. Dortmund's "Gegenpressing" is evidence of this. Sliders are not perfect, but they give this scientific, quantifiable approach rather than vague instructions.

Good, so you are sticking with older versions so you can keep playing with sliders.

Guess we won't be needing your input in the "FM 2014 pre-release beta" thread anymore.

Take care.

This post appears a bit confused?

You mention that a manager would never use a quantified measurement to communicate an instruction, and immediately after that, you state that all the top teams use quantifiable measures.....

Can someone clarify how to do this, I don't see a button under player or manager - from week 5 of feature round up

ie to ask your Reserves or U18 manager to play someone in a specific position

Bump Neil or other SI folks?

On the contract screen add up the agent fee and player loyalty fee etc, does this add up to 2.2 million i.e. the difference between 9m account deduction and 6.8m player sale cost
I didn't check but given what has been said I would assume it probably does.

My concern was more :

* Start season with 20 million transfer budget

* Make bids on player A , B and C

* have to cancel transfer for B and/or C due to not knowing how much transfers are going to cost until transfer confirmation screen.

Please raise this issue on the match engine forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/347-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-TalksWemay also need a save game from beforehand if you have one. Let us know, thanks.

Unluckly I havent got this game save file.Because I tried delete game and I installed it again and problem solved.After then I played half season and there is no problem since reinstall.Thank you for reply.

This is brilliant for a BETA tbf. Only thing I've noticed that I can remember, is a youngster say 18yrs old, news item says he made 255 league appearances previous season.

*would also like the option to come back where we can admire and endorse young players.

Loving the beta so far :) of course theres bugs hence thats why its a beta version. but even for a beta its still really enjoyable.

Liking the interviews for clubs offering you jobs

keep up good work folks another really great football manager game to add to the rest. :applause:

I tried managing in MLS as Real Salt Lake to see if it was enjoyable or not. It takes very little time for the AI players to start making trade offers, usually involving draft picks or "international player slots".

I can look at the tab to see how many draft picks I am scheduled to receive in upcoming years, but I have no way of knowing how many "international slots" I have available. It seems I can trade these away for some period of years, but again, I would like to know whether I have already traded away the slots in upcoming years.

Lastly, it is very hard to know how much $$$ a draft pick or an international slot is worth. I get that draft picks could change wildly in value depending on where a team finishes in the league, but a new human manager has no idea what sort of player "value" the team is likely to receive from a first round pick in the superdraft. It seems like the AI teams will make lots of offers asking for starting players on my team in exchange for an international slot - but I get the distinct impression that these are "lowball" offers that I would be stupid to accept.

MLS has a lot of confusing rules. SI have done a pretty good job to improve that area of the game. Still, without a comprehensive guide for first time managers, it's still too confusing to jump straight into.

Hi Scannelljim, thanks a lot for the feedback. Glad to see you've given MLS a go.

I wasn't 100% I understood your point about International Slots, but if you view your club's Transfers -> Clauses screen, you will be able to see what International Slots you have traded in and out of the club at present. Does this solve the problem you were having?

A guide to help 1st time managers in MLS and some way of equating value on the various trade elements are interesting suggestions we should definitely consider for future versions.

Hmm, just tried to sign a player on a free transfer, but he's 29 and wanted a three year contract, so i tried to negotiate downwards. The problem is that after putting it to a two year contract my board then refused to let me insert a relegation or team of the year bonus into his contract.

Is this intentional or not? Because this doesn't make any sense to me.

How many of you are having bad results with this BETA? Or having some difficulties on managing to create a good tactic..

I haven't pre-ordered the game and I wanted to get some feedback from the new tactic system :)

How many of you are having bad results with this BETA? Or having some difficulties on managing to create a good tactic..

I haven't pre-ordered the game and I wanted to get some feedback from the new tactic system :)

Started my first save with OGC Nice. Am rolling with their 4-1DM-2-2-1 tactic to expected success (challenging for European spots).

The new tactic system is awesome. Much simpler and easier to understand and much more "viewable" on the pitch. Players follow instructions much more predictably now, with one exception. For the life of me, I can not get the keeper to distribute to the backline despite that exact instruction being selected. But my it's crazy how faithfully my wingers are doing exactly what I want them to do!

The thing I really like after playing a few matches is being able to give a player instructions for a particular position. So using Spurs I can specify that Lennon plays as a winger at AMR but Townsend or Lamela play Inside Forward if I pick them there and if they swap in game Townsend or Lamela play winger on the left, Lennon or Chadli Inside Forward at AML. Something that's been asked for a lot has finally arrived and seems to work.

I'm seeing a lot of easy chances being missed but then again I'm playing with Spurs so hardly unrealistic.

Question about the database, i create a new game with the max database, then go to advanced and add for exemple england so more than 20 leagues appears and all checked, what does that mean at all? players will be create and adding to the database from these leagues?

Oh and if i dont have for example the norvegian leagues or the romanian leagues as playable, do we have still some information about them like updated standing etc..?

thanks !

?

Is this wee box of 3 dots on certain players supposed to be clickable?

Did no one answer this? Just hover the cursor over the dots and the full statement appears in a bubble.