Sports Interactive Community
Kriss

FM 2014 Pre-Release Beta - Official feedback thread.

ROhS4J5.jpg

Well, portuguese research team are just awful. Ghilas is Algerian international, not french. Like Bruma (this one minor stuff), he have double nationality ok, but he's under 21 portuguese international.

How is FFP implemented?

Do you get punished now more harshly when you go into debt at the end of the season?

Will you get relegated for that?

two questions: is the editor out with the beta version? what about my 'under 21' team instead of the 'reserve' team in an English team? maybe it' something related to some real life news that i miss

the option to save the game in a non compressed file to save time is gone?

anybody?

How is FFP implemented?

Do you get punished now more harshly when you go into debt at the end of the season?

Will you get relegated for that?

The rules are included on the competition rule panels, and also via news items at the start of the game.

I hope this is a feedback page I just wanted to leave a small review of the game, really like some of the improvements made in fm 14 mainly the tackling

which is more realistic; in fm 13 it was okay but it is even better now the other thing I liked about the game is the fact that I can now buy big players from big clubs, this was a big problem in fm 13

the only problem I have is that my players can have 3 or 4 shots on goal but not score, either my players are not on form or the goalkeeper is very good

but I have still gone on to win games ; )

My other problem is that I cannot delete all of my friendly games in one row, I would also like the game to introduce a way for clubs to have friendly matches against countries for e.g. like Man Utd v Malayasian All Stars or something would make the game more interesting

other than that I would like you guys to reintroduce the player instructions layout which was in fm 13 because it was so much simple to use, I know theres way of doing it in this game but I really like the way you could interact directly with a player and tell him to take long shots, move into channels etc it was simple and so easy

anyways that's me for now, have fun guys ; )

Well, portuguese research team are just awful. Ghilas is Algerian international, not french. Like Bruma (this one minor stuff), he have double nationality ok, but he's under 21 portuguese international.

Hi, If you have specific issues with the data in the game, could you please post it in the relevant thread in the data forums : http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/356-Football-Manager-2014-Data-Issues

Make sure to provide as detailed information as possible (Along with proof if at all possible) and most importantly be constructive :) thanks!

two questions: is the editor out with the beta version? what about my 'under 21' team instead of the 'reserve' team in an English team? maybe it' something related to some real life news that i miss

The editor will only be available with the fully released version of the game and not with this pre release beta.

There was a change in the English leagues to no longer have reserve team football. This is now reflected in the game. This article should shine some light on it for you if you're interested : http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/green-light-for-u21s-league-to-replace-reserves-7622226.html

1) The filters now appear as a popup to address an issue we had previously where having it opened may result in important buttons becoming obscured. As a result, you need to have them closed in order to interact with the scrollbar, which I appreciate for people who prefer to have them open permanently may be an inconvenience.

2) What panel in the Match screen are you referring to exactly?

1) That's disappointing, but thanks for the explanation. I don't actually have them open permanently, but it was good to be able to select "Reserves" and then scroll before seeing whether I also had to select "Under 19s".

2) There are 6 panels on the overview screen when running the game on text commentary, in a layout with 2 rows and 3 columns. Let's say they're numbered from 1-3 along the top row and 4-6 along the bottom row. In FM13, my team line-up (with ratings) always appeared in Panel 2, regardless of whether I was home or away. In FM14, my team line-up alternates between Panel 2 when I'm at home and Panel 3 when I'm away.

Couldn`t find info on this, but for how long can my ingame progress continue during the Beta? half a season or longer..

Btw great game so far :)

Totally agree. I think the old system of tactics is much better for people, who understand football. I hate the current system of tactics. I say FM = tactics with sliders. FM without sliders isn't FM! I don't know why the old system was removed. Players should choose if they want to play with the current system of tactics or with the old one. I'm really disappointed. :-(
i loved the with and without ball thing long long long time ago... i didn't like the sliders system.. the only realistic thing is what we get now on FM14 (a set of instructions,combinations etc..) for me..

Couldn`t find info on this, but for how long can my ingame progress continue during the Beta? half a season or longer..

Btw great game so far :)

In-game forever. But the beta itself will stop at some point - after the game is fully released and you're continuing your game on the full version.

Has anyone else had the annoyance of the seats in your stadium not matching your team's colours? (I'm not playing as Cardiff btw!)

Why can't I get the match screen info boxes to stay the same? some times the info changes from match to match, some times its my teams info and some times the opponent. Also the boxes refuse to stay in place moving to the top left corner when they feel like it.

No you won't need to start a new game.

No dark skin yet, the reasons are explained earlier in the thread.

Cheers mate! Looks like I'll be getting this today.

I'm not asking them to attack at the expense of all defense, I'm asking them to defend in an attacking way, ie actually go at the opposing wingers rather than sit in their own box. Wing backs have always had the tendency to be quite passive defensively. There's not necessarily anything wrong with that - it's a perfectly good option when it's what you want to do, and I had some great defensive seasons in FM13 using them that way. However I was hoping the complete wing back role might give us a choice in how they behave in that respect

So go into player instructions and choose "close down more" and "stay wider"

Why can't I get the match screen info boxes to stay the same? some times the info changes from match to match, some times its my teams info and some times the opponent. Also the boxes refuse to stay in place moving to the top left corner when they feel like it.

It's a known issue and it's being investigated. Thanks for reporting it though!

May have already been mentioned but some players go crazy with wage demands. Got a chance to sign Agbonlahor for 7.5mil (seems a fair price) and when it came to the contract he asked for 88K per week, I then offered him 55k (his current wage) and he decided he wanted 93k instead!

Who are you managing?

Do you have a save game showing the issue? If so please start a thread in the Transfers & Contracts forum and upload a save to the FTP.

FTP Details - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363153

Transfers & Contracts forum - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/349-Transfers-Contracts-and-Responsibilities

Cheers,

Ben

Totally agree. I think the old system of tactics is much better for people, who understand football. I hate the current system of tactics. I say FM = tactics with sliders. FM without sliders isn't FM! I don't know why the old system was removed. Players should choose if they want to play with the current system of tactics or with the old one. I'm really disappointed. :-(

Big yerself up, why not?

Sliders disappearing is a positive step, if only because IRL no manager has such precise control over what a player does or does not do. Giving a player a clear instruction to stay back, not be as adventurous with passes, play 5 yards narrower, etc is absolutely not the same as nudging a slider back a notch. Instructions are more ambiguous where sliders allowed for micro-management on too fine a scale. Football isn't like that; FM is a football management simulation - ergo the logical thing to do was remove sliders in favour of instructions, which in turn actually makes the players' familiarity with selected tactics much more important. (And we'll have an end to all the 'I gave my winger completely contradictory instructions and he didn't adhere to all the slider settings. Crap game. Sort it out SI!' guff, because now they have sorting it out.)

Apologies if i've missed it here or in another thread but are the plans to, if possible, patch the beta or will there be no changes until the full game is out?

Has anyone else had the annoyance of the seats in your stadium not matching your team's colours? (I'm not playing as Cardiff btw!)

Not all stadiums are 1 colour team colour in real life you know

Am I missing something or is no option where you can create personalized Player "Set Piece" instructions?

The instructions are there for "Any player", but disappear when you add a player to create individual personalized instructions.

Hi, If you have specific issues with the data in the game, could you please post it in the relevant thread in the data forums : http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/356-Football-Manager-2014-Data-Issues

M

ake sure to provide as detailed information as possible (Along with proof if at all possible) and most importantly be constructive :) thanks!

Tks for reply. I'll do it when i return home. ;)

I'm not asking them to attack at the expense of all defense, I'm asking them to defend in an attacking way, ie actually go at the opposing wingers rather than sit in their own box. Wing backs have always had the tendency to be quite passive defensively. There's not necessarily anything wrong with that - it's a perfectly good option when it's what you want to do, and I had some great defensive seasons in FM13 using them that way. However I was hoping the complete wing back role might give us a choice in how they behave in that respect.

If you take a look in the Bugs section, you'll see that a couple of passive defending issues have been logged - this is likely to be what you are seeing out wide.

It may not be an issue with the Role itself, moreso with the current Match Engine build.

If you can provide specific examples for SI, it would given them more to work with:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/347-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Have you set any specific Player Instructions to encourage them to mark tighter, or even specific man mark?

That is also likely to make a difference.

I only have time to play FM14 for 79 minutes.

I start training my local team Lourinhanense, from Portuguese 3rd division and there is something wrong with scouting. I hire a new scout and he was already scouting at Central Europe, when Lourinhanense is only allowed to scout at Portugal. If try to give a new task to the other scout I cannot assign him to a region.

Hello, I dont find the option to ask my assitant to make a report on players on loan.

I dont know how it was called in english, but it was on the squad team.

Can someone help me to find it back? thank

anybody?

I'd say the reason for this is because it now compresses by default and/or the save game file is smaller due to cloud saving . I doubt steam would want all fm players to be uploading and downloading 100+ MB save games all the time. Wouldn't be much fun for players either.

Apologies if i've missed it here or in another thread but are the plans to, if possible, patch the beta or will there be no changes until the full game is out?

Thought I saw Neil post about this somewhere else, but iirc, unlikely unless something major pops up.

Loving how in 3 at the back systems, the DCs seem to play much wider than before, they can really get out to cover the flanks now

Hi, i think its ok for now(but some of players have poor attributes- lucky there is editor on 31.10.), i think that when you bid for some players i dont see his wages... in fm 2013 was much better biding...and many players dont have MR, ML or AMR, AML position (they have MC or AMC) bu they in real life play wings position :-(

Big yerself up, why not?

Sliders disappearing is a positive step, if only because IRL no manager has such precise control over what a player does or does not do. Giving a player a clear instruction to stay back, not be as adventurous with passes, play 5 yards narrower, etc is absolutely not the same as nudging a slider back a notch. Instructions are more ambiguous where sliders allowed for micro-management on too fine a scale. Football isn't like that; FM is a football management simulation - ergo the logical thing to do was remove sliders in favour of instructions, which in turn actually makes the players' familiarity with selected tactics much more important. (And we'll have an end to all the 'I gave my winger completely contradictory instructions and he didn't adhere to all the slider settings. Crap game. Sort it out SI!' guff, because now they have sorting it out.)

I don't completely disagree with you. I do actually feel the sliders need to be replaced. I just think that the current replacement is too vague and doesn't offer enough control. Until a better replacement is added that actually makes you feel in control I feel the sliders should still be available to those who want them. I can't play the game with the current set of controls. They're just far too vague and general.

Thought I saw Neil post about this somewhere else, but iirc, unlikely unless something major pops up.

That's what i was thinking as well. Thanks :thup:

Hi, can someone explain the breakdown of 'Other Staff' as I'm trying to structure my backroom staff for the 1st team but struggling to employ people as the Board state I have 6 people employed but I can only see three 1st team staff: Ass Manager, Coach, Fitness Coach.

All other coaching staff are for u21s or u18s.

The help option doesn't seem to explain and can't find anything on this forum...

ta

Hi, can someone explain the breakdown of 'Other Staff' as I'm trying to structure my backroom staff for the 1st team but struggling to employ people as the Board state I have 6 people employed but I can only see three 1st team staff: Ass Manager, Coach, Fitness Coach.

All other coaching staff are for u21s or u18s.

The help option doesn't seem to explain and can't find anything on this forum...

ta

Do you not have any physios employed?

Hi guys,

I know there isn't a dark skin just yet, but is there ANY chance to change the background of the white skin so we can get a darker background? I suffer from migraines if I look at bright lights for a while and this is isn't helping. I can't play FM14 more than a half hour :(

Thanks,

T24

Hello

facepacks from 2013 doesnt seem to work? any suggestions? should they work?

Do players still float passes when they should be passing it a long the floor?

Bumpity bump.

Hello, I dont find the option to ask my assitant to make a report on players on loan.

I dont know how it was called in english, but it was on the squad team.

Can someone help me to find it back? thank

Transfer Centre -> Transfer Targets

Do you not have any physios employed?

Yes, looks like four 1st team physios, so can I assume physios make up part of the 'Other Staff'? Previously they had their own allowance. Makes sense now you've mentioned it.

thanks,

I'd say the reason for this is because it now compresses by default and/or the save game file is smaller due to cloud saving . I doubt steam would want all fm players to be uploading and downloading 100+ MB save games all the time. Wouldn't be much fun for players either.

makes sense, as i die hard offline saver i'd like to have the option back though.

Hello

facepacks from 2013 doesnt seem to work? any suggestions? should they work?

yes i had a problem yesterday but now they work.

*Make a new graphics folder in fm14

*copy the things inside the fm13 graphics folder to the new folder

*start fm

*preferences / interface

*press the clear cache buttom and reload skin

then it should work(for me it did)

We've just rolled out a mini-update called 14.0.2 which is just addressing the issue with those of you unable to use windowed mode (but could last year).

Details on how to set up your windowed mode if you were having issues before are here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364108-New-Instructions-on-how-to-Enable-Windowed-Mode-in-the-FM-14-Pre-Release-Beta-PLEASE-READ

Can someone clarify how to do this, I don't see a button under player or manager - from week 5 of feature round up

Request that Reserves or Under 18 manager plays a player in certain position

dark skin seriously needed. cant play that beta longer than 2 hours, sigh

I love how you can ask dof for player roles !

I've been looking for that feature...where do I find it?

The editor will only be available with the fully released version of the game and not with this pre release beta.

There was a change in the English leagues to no longer have reserve team football. This is now reflected in the game. This article should shine some light on it for you if you're interested : http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/green-light-for-u21s-league-to-replace-reserves-7622226.html

As that article says - Premier league only. So this is now right for 20 teams, wrong for 140 other playable teams in England.