FM 2014 Pre-Release Beta - Official feedback thread.

As is the nature of a beta version this not yet a finished product and we are still making numerous improvements ready for the October 31st release. If you have any questions about the beta, check our our FAQ, here

Below are some of the key issues we are currently working on. Please do provide any further examples of these you come across, as well as any other issues affecting your game.

Our bug reporting guidelines can be found here, and our bug reporting forums here. Our QA team will be on hand to deal with any and every issue raised.

Known issues

- There is still work being done on the way AI managers and other staff pick teams, so in some cases they may not be making the most ideal team selection.

- There may be the occasional incident where the goalkeeper makes a poor attempt at a save.

- There may be the occasional incident where you see wild back passes.

- There is some balancing work on-going to the talking round of unhappy players.

- Sugar daddies may be a too generous with their cash input in some cases.

- There is still some balancing work to be done to the MLS Trade system.

- FMC Match Plans left to assistant may sub players earlier than specified.

PLEASE KEEP ANY FEEDBACK CONSTRUCTIVE.

Thanks.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Downloading it as we speak. Sort of a surprise that it's out really, not a single announcement to be seen.

:confused:

Been all over social media from Miles, the FM twitter and site, FB etc plus a thread on here announcing it's out?

Just downloading mine now, will report back later when my lb suddenly thinks he's Roy of the Rovers

:D

can you install the beta on more than one computer? Need to know whether its worth putting on my works laptop now or waiting until i get home to run on my mac which is must faster

Yes, same as all Steam released products.

Place of Birth issue.

You cannot choose a place of birth outside of your nationalities locations.

My example: I was born in Hong Kong in 1992 when it was still under UK control. I am British, my parents are British and just happened to be living over there when I was born. I am unable to choose my place of birth as Hong Kong without choosing my primary nationality as Hong Kong (China PR).

With the amount of migrants around the world these days it is entirely possible that people would be born in a different country to that of their nationality. Even if it something as simple as a "Welsh" person being born in England for example. It seems it could be solved with drop down menus in the same fashion as Favourite Team is done.

Cheers SI!!

BratTVN

:confused:

Been all over social media from Miles, the FM twitter and site, FB etc plus a thread on here announcing it's out?

Just downloading mine now, will report back later when my lb suddenly thinks he's Roy of the Rovers

:D

I didn't see anything on the official FM site (still don't see anything there), that's where I always check. I don't do any social media so I wouldn't know. To clarify, I meant no announcement prior to its release.

Archived