your highest and lowest?

whats everyones lowest and highest point of playing any football manager career personally my heighest was winning the world cup with Scotland after they had a 10 year period of great talent my lowest however was losing three European cup finals in a row with my Levante team after dominating spain domestically

my highest - winning the league with aston villa with the whole squad (25 players) made of english players, also my reserve and under 18 teams were all english, also my staff even though i'm not english :))

lowest - losing 2 ucl finals in 3 years on penalties whilist managing spurs , finally i got to win it but until then i needed nerves of steel

Highest - Either Getting Gimnastica a surprise promotion to Liga Adelante then almost getting them up to La Liga only to be done over by Mallorca in the playoffs. Or dragging Nancy from 7th to 3rd in Ligue 2 in 11 matches winning a dramatic battle against Amiens on the final day after we both drew our games and ended up with 68 points, I got promoted by having 8 more Goal Difference. Bloody stressful though.

Lowest - That playoff against Mallorca and also missing out on Europe with Nancy after losing the last game of the season. The winner would have been in Europe.

I think I started playing when I was about 11, back with CM 2002/2003, so I've many highlights. However, there's one very fond memory I have.

It was probably one of the first FMs, probably 2005? I've no idea which team I was, probably Liverpool, and I'm sure it was against Bayern Munich. I was having a torrid time with injuries to my strikers that season, and they were dropping like flies towards the back end of it. Lo and behold, on the last day of the season, in the game before the Champions League Final, my last fit striker got injured.

I scoured the free agents database for ages after the game. I came across Paul Kpaka, straight from the heart of Africa. He was the best of a bad bunch really. He had a decent bit of pace but the rest of his stats were woeful. I had no better options, so I snapped him up. I played a 4-5-1 (you know, the Christmas tree?), as it was my only way to utilise all my best midfielders.

We didn't do too badly in the first half, and we were 1 nil up at the break. They equalised soon after though, and it looked like it was going to extra time, until we got a corner late on. The ball was put in the mixer, and after a bit of a scramble, guess who buried it? Paul Kpaka! 1 game. 1 goal. 1 Champions League winning goal. It was the only game he ever played for me, but I kept him and paid him well until he retired. What a glorious career he had!

The lowest? Not too sure. I had a torrid start to FM 13, but it all came good in the end though. :)

Highest - coincidentally also winning the World Cup with Scotland with the last game of my manager's career before retirement. Beat Spain in the final after thumping a fancied Italy side (a side I'd managed a few years before) 4-0 in the quarters.

Lowest - the last couple of seasons of my ill-fated Calcio Como career. A tiny club situated on the beautiful banks of Lake Como, I'd fought from Serie C2 up to Serie B. We battled for a few years before finally succumbing to relegation back to C1. There was a revival, back to B, but then another relegation almost broke me. The money was running out, and I went all out promising immediate promotion again. At the end of the season we finished outside even the play-off places, and my contract wasn't renewed.

my highest...winning 7 trophies in a year with Brighton....

Premier League

Chamions Cup

Capital Cup

FA Cup

Community Shield

Super Cup

Club World Cup

my lowest.....

when I started playing game 4 years ago and did not know anything about football....in first season i finished 8th with ManU (although won chamions league :p)

Highest - Getting revenge on Man Utd in the Champions League final, after they had kicked me out in successive semi finals

Lowest - Finishing 4th in my 1st season as Aston Villa, only for Chelsea to win the Champions League demoting me to Europa League and having to wait another 3 seasons before getting back there.

Been playing since CM97/98 when I was 12 or 13. So got a fair few memories indeed. Bakayoko the beast in the hole on 97/98. Anyway these are without doubt my top 3 fave moments:

CM01/02 - 7 trophies out of 7 with my mighty Liverpool team. Kezman, Shevchenko and Owen up top was ridiculously good, then also topping off that season with a World Cup with England.

CM01/02 - 10 SPLs in a row with Rangers. The squad I built there was stupidly good. Barthez, Neville, Puyol, Kieron Dyer, Gerrard, Kerr, Chivu the names were endless.

Early FM - Unbeaten season with Arsenal and won the Quadruple, think it was something stupid like 5 goals conceeded in the League all season.

Lows - FM13 in general up until about 3 months ago. TBH I have struggled with FM since about 2010. But I put it down to having other things going on in life, being married and having kids etc has changed my gaming time. But it wasnt until about 3 months ago I just completely overhauled my style after reading some articles in the Tactics forum and realised lots of things. Like Rigid doesnt mean boring and defensive football, it just depends how else you work your tactics, so is being more disciplined. For instance my Wigan team on FM13 has just wiped the floor with promotion faves QPR 4-0 by playing Rigid and more disciplined. Because my time is limited nowadays on FM I think the last few years I have tried to rush to much. But I have just settled down with it and if I only get to play 2 games a night then so be it. Id rather have 2 wins than play 6 or 8 games and be all over the shop.

Archived