[FM2014] Malta Complete League System

Malta Complete League System

All work by: BurnCM4X / Drinu / Mons

We’re very happy to announce the release of the much-awaited playable Maltese league file.

Information about this file:

Over 65,000 individual data edits including but not restricted to:

• Over 1,000 persons edited to update everything from abilities to reputation, from personal information (date of birth, hair colour etc) to contract status, from player position to transfer and history information, and much more;

• Over 1,000 new persons added so that ALL clubs have a full squad complement, including youth team players and backroom staff where known;

• All 67 clubs massively overhauled to update everything from reputation to youth stadiums, club histories to player and goalkeeper kit colours for all clubs, and also affiliate clubs;

• Realistic competitions, including the real-life set-up and rules for all 4 senior Maltese divisions, the 2 Gozitan divisions and Sections A to E of the YFA competitions, as well as a Gozitan youth league. (Known issues – division of points at the start of the Championship and Relegation Pools in the BOV Premier League is not possible with the editor, and the BOV First Division will remain with 13 clubs in future seasons and not revert to 14, again due to the limitations of the editor);

• National characteristics so that wages and transfer values are as close to real-life values as possible and also to regulate future transfer movement from foreign countries and regions in a realistic manner;

• 20+ Awards added to mimic real-life awards, some of which can be voted for by the user;

• 100+ Derbies added to mimic real-life rivalries;

• 10+ Stadiums added and assigned to correctly represent as closely as possible the real-life situation, within the limits of the editor;

• 10 Media Sources (Radio & TV stations, websites and TV programmes) added to attempt to present realistic media coverage;

• 3 new cities added to ensure all Maltese and Gozitan localities are in the game, as well as Gozo & Comino regions added.

As can be clearly seen, this was not a day’s work or two and lots of time went into the research and preparation for this file. We’d like to thank all the persons who provided us with assistance and information with regards to data gathering. If you notice any glaring mistakes, please contact us via PM or post in this thread so that the data may be corrected in future releases.

NOTE: This update may not be compatible with other updates wit created clubs/squads. That's a known issue of the game that been there for years and there's no known fix for it except manually edit the conflicted IDs but that is almost impossible to do without creating even more bugs.

Download: (RC2)

Sendspace

How to install the file:

Place the file named “Malta Update RC2.xml” in Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2014 / editor data. This last folder may need to be created.

If you are running Windows 8, you may have two Sports Interactive folders within Documents. Choose the one which has a folder named games.

How to use the file:

When you start a new game, you should now be able to select Malta as a playable league. For maximum realism, we recommend loading a custom database and loading the Slovakian top division in view of Mosta’s affiliate status with AS Trencin and the fact that some players on-loan from Trencin to Mosta will not appear otherwise.

Recommended additional packs:

As can be seen in the preview screenshots from this page, the game looks much better when it is fully modified and updated with graphical content so that the real-life player faces and club logos are displayed.

We therefore recommend downloading

• The sortitoutsi.net Cut-Out Player Faces 2014 megapack, which contains over 136,000 player faces, including many Maltese and Malta-based players. It is available via torrent at the bottom of this page;

• The sortitoutsi.net Metallic Logos 2014 megapack, which contains over 27,000 club and competition logos, including all Maltese clubs and playable competitions (if you download up to Update Pack 2). It is also available via torrent from the link in the opening post of this page. In order that the created Maltese competitions also have a logo, I have uploaded a small pack to be used in addition to the above, which can be found on this link.

Both of these files are save-game compatible and you should follow the installation instructions carefully.

Two other graphical add-ons we can recommend are the Expanded Hair Pack v4.0, which gives a far greater range of hair-styles for created players and is available from this link, and the FM14 adboard patch which gives real-life pitchside adboards for a multitude of clubs and competitions, including Maltese competitions, and which is available from this link. Again, these files are save-game compatible and you should make sure you follow the installation instructions correctly.

Enjoy!

Malta Complete League System

I'm looking for some details on the differences between last year and this year competition structure.

Some questions:

- No more Gozo Independence Cup/Gozo Freedom Day Cup in Gozo competition structure?

- One Maltese Youth Knock-Out instead of two like last year?

Feel free to post any other change that i might forgot. ;)

Download:

(Soon...)

You are correct regarding the removal of the Gozo Freedom Day Cup. The Independence Cup has been renamed to First Division Knock-Out and is basically a knock-out competition for GFA First Division clubs which is held at the start of September, prior to the start of the league season.

The GFA first division has 8 clubs this year, which will be split into a Championship and Relegation pool after two rounds, whence two further rounds are played. One team is relegated, while another plays off against the 2nd placed team in the second division - which this years contains 6 teams. Both the First and Second GFA divisions may have 1 foreigner on the pitch.

Are you aware of the points deductions for Floriana, Hamrun and Mxlokk? If not, I'll check and let you know how many points were deducted as I can't remember with precision atm.

Non-home grown rules have also changed for Maltese competitions. Premier League and FA Trophy match squads may contain 6 foreigners, only 5 of which may be on the pitch at any one time. First Division first XIs may only have 3 foreign players, while Second and Third first XIs may only have 1.

If I recall something else, I'll let you know.

• 1 month later...

Update launched.

This is the most detailed Malta update launched to the date, (as far as i remember) so it might be worth checking it out.

Big thanks to Drinu and Mons who decided to join this project and made a fantastic work.

As always, if you find a bug feel free to post it here.

Might be me, and it more than likely is, but when loading (with other files) it has an error pop up with the youth cup? Says 0 teams rather than 10?

It's a old issue caused by same id's in created clubs/squads in different updates. Unfortunately there's not much we can do.

Just to confirm it is that issue i would suggest removing gradually the other updates to see what other update is causing this issue for you. That way you can remove the specific update and run with the others.

Yes, it does. There seems to be a clash with some other editor data files, but if you work out which ones are conflicting, then you can start a new game with it. I know, I'm playing with this file myself (oo-er)

It doesnt work. Why cant this work like other new leagues?

Let me be clear about this, the update is FULLY compatible with the latest FM patch.

If you have a issue with the update not working you should remove all other leagues and play with Malta only.

Let me be clear about this, the update is FULLY compatible with the latest FM patch.

If you have a issue with the update not working you should remove all other leagues and play with Malta only.

So its like this,you can play with allot of other leagues or only with malta?! I choose the first option then,sorry.

So its like this,you can play with allot of other leagues or only with malta?! I choose the first option then,sorry.

Sometimes it clashes with some other editor data files. Using the same files on different setups sometimes has different outcomes. It might be a bug from the editor or a clash with some FM13 editor-created files, we just don't know, which is unfortunate...

• 2 months later...

Archived