What combo of player roles will you implement?

Looking at the new player rules, and with my understanding of how tactics will be created, I'm looking forward to finally playing a 451/343 hybrid I've been trying to create for years...

I've traditionally gone with this, with the goal being to attack like a 343, and defend in a 451:

----------ADF(A)----------

-IF(S)---------------IF(S)-

-----B2B(S)--B2B(S)-----

-WB(S)--ANC(D)--WB(S)-

----BPD(D)----BPD(D)----

----------------------------

----------SWK(S)---------

I got into trouble with my back line being too aggressive and narrow... The CBs never split to let the ANC in, no matter how I manipulated the sliders.

So clearly I am excited for the halfback role... As well as the complete wingbacks. I've never been able to set wingbacks to attack as they just left the CBs exposed... And then on support never really got ahead like they needed to to give width as the IF's cut inside to support the ST. And I always needed to set the IFs to Support to track back better, but now I can do that with shouts, I think... My hope is that the CBs can split to let the HB in, and then can be more aggressive in stepping up to intercept balls and recycle play while the WBs become my wide attackers, and I can have the two midfielders in support of a three man attack.

I am thinking my first go will be something like this:

-----------F9(S)-----------

-IF(A)---------------IF(A)-

-----B2B(S)--B2B(S)-----

-CWB(A)-HB(D)-CWB(A)-

----BPD(ST)-BPD(ST)----

----------------------------

----------SWK(S)---------

The other thing I was looking at was how Atletico have been playing, and this resurgence of the 442... And I have always sort of enjoyed a B2B player... As well as trying to re-deploy those types at FB and out wide in WM roles. So I'd kind of like to see a solid defensive 44 shape, that defends deep and then breaks like crazy on the counter... And the shadow striker intrigues me, especially with a False 9. Kind of a False 9/False 10 situation. I'm theorizing that the False 10 and some counter attacking midfielders can really enjoy the space the False 9 creates... It will really depend on how deep I'm an get them to sit, and how reliably I can get them to break out with individual shouts. But the idea would be that the four midfielders and the two wingbacks will blast ahead creating a 244 in attack, and all will need solid stamina (I envision them all being B2B types- think sliding Ramires/Vidal types out wide or as a FB).

---------------F9(S)---------------

--------------SHS(A)--------------

-WM(A)-B2B(S)-B2B(S)-WM(A)-

------------------------------------

-CWB(A)-CD(S)-CD©-CWB(A)-

------------------------------------

---------------GK(D)--------------

And I'm still entrigued by the regista/enganche roles. Using my counter attacking theme just above, I could see a 31411 being fun to play with... The back three being fairly typical- two ball playing stoppers around a covering center back or a support libero, with a regista in front of a couple of complete wing backs (or defensive wingers) and box 2 box midfielders... And then the enganche and a complete forward, poacher or target man...

----------------ST(?)----------------

---------------ENG(S)---------------

-CWB(A)-B2B(S)-B2B(S)-CWB(A)-

---------------REG(A)---------------

-----BPD(ST)-CD©-BPD(ST)------

--------------------------------------

---------------GK(D)----------------

That could even be a bit more defensive by making the CD© a LIB(S) or SW(D) and dropping the wingbacks to their traditional wingback slots... Then it's like a 123211... Very narrow and would maybe need a Target Man to work.

What are you guys looking to do with the new roles?

Archived