counter attack from corner - fast striker has the ball - runs to the side of field?

seriously, this must be changed in the ME, a ball gets in the possession of my striker after a corner, he has the whole field to himself and can surely just run to the goal but everytime i'm in this situation, he starts running more to the side of the field, ruining the chance to get a shot at goal and of course now the opposing defence has had an opportunity to get back

seriously, this ME has some irritating quirks

Its the one thing that narked me from FM12 to 13. 12 was blistering for counter attacks, winger would be a gazelle down the wing, going direct into space and cross to unmarked incoming ST.

First two patches of 13 were ok at it but 13.3 seemed to kill this completely. Slow build is very much the way to go these days IMO... which is a shame.

Happens to me far too often. Majority of the time it is not a striker in open space but a pacey winger picking up the ball and running for a few seconds, wait for his teammates to break forward, turn around and pass it to the nearest player who will then either pump it up to no-one or pass it to the keeper. Very frustrating.

Archived