Sports Interactive Community
Miles Jacobson

FM14 data editor / FMC14 challenge editor / FM IGE confirmation

Did you? If so, I apologise, had no idea you could do that, was sure it was just start all over again. Learn something new every day.

The problem you will have is due to the fact that SI changed its database every year, you will inevitably have some failed changes which will need to be redone. It's hard to tell what will fail - it might not fail at all, or you could end up with most data having to be redone. It's easiest if you are able to figure out the differences between the two versions, and edit the XML files manually to make them work, but this is clearly not for everyone.

i worked that way every year. i know what changes i have in database and its not hard to change it manually with notepad ++ or similar program. problem is when you have some database and you dont know what kind of changes you have in it.

"replace" button in notepad ++ is great :)

I stand well and truly corrected then. I was sure it was pretty much impossible without large scale rewrites, but yeah seems sensible enough that it would work if you have the patience/wherewithall to get it working.

its not hard at all. you just need to know what kind of changes you have in database. its much easier then

Did you? If so, I apologise, had no idea you could do that, was sure it was just start all over again. Learn something new every day.
I have used files I created with the Fm10 editor that work in FM13...... the unusual thing is not all files will work though??? so just give them a try one at a time

I have used files I created with the Fm10 editor that work in FM13...... the unusual thing is not all files will work though??? so just give them a try one at a time

for some files you need to make some changes manually but 99% of files can work in fm13

It is easy to do anyway

can anyone help me with my inquiry? not sure if what oche balboa said is true or trolling :(

Any news whether the MLS is editable with rules intact? I fear due to licensing this won't be the case.

I suppose it's possible, considering what they told until now.

Could an alternative method of unlocking the IGE be through your achievements? I.e by getting a certain amount of manager points across all saves unlocks the IGE editor for free? Not sure if it would be possible to implement it at this stage but I know a lot of people including me don't want to have to pay extra for things on a game that already cost them £39.99

Could an alternative method of unlocking the IGE be through your achievements? I.e by getting a certain amount of manager points across all saves unlocks the IGE editor for free? Not sure if it would be possible to implement it at this stage but I know a lot of people including me don't want to have to pay extra for things on a game that already cost them £39.99
we get the normal editor with the game.....so the extra real time one (if we choose it is going to be at a small extra cost , I believe this has been done because the other option out there is charging so it will compromise that in a big way!!! I for one will be getting it as it is something I have been asking for years, an official real time editor, so you can keep up with real time events if you want to)

can anyone help me with my inquiry? not sure if what oche balboa said is true or trolling :(

Ask in the Editor Hideaway forum

Stem workshop integration is going to be such a fantastic addition.

Does anyone know it graphics packs will be able to be shared through it ?

I asked that question some time back but SI never answered. It's a big issue due to copyright. Players get paid for image rights, EA own the rights for many, which is why SI can't include so many 'out of the box'. So whilst no one's going to prosecute fans who don't make any money out of making facepacks, I'd have thought Valve/Steam and SI would be clobbered by players' and clubs' lawyers if these are available on Steam Workshop. I and many others would like to know whether, therefore, face, logo, stadium packs, fan-created leagues such as lower than English Conference North/South and other such add-ons can be uploaded to SW.

Excellent. Now I just need a feature:

Amateur until reaching division X !!!

Where X can be set as you want it. This is what have prevented me from doing my own Danish league structure.

New helpful, timesaving options:

A ‘Remove All Bans’ button has been added

A ‘Remove All Loans’ button has been added

A ‘Remove All Injuries’ button has been added

There’s now an option to ‘mass-edit’ a regional division

New search / column options:

Search for player’s contract wage

Search for player’s on loan

Search for people by nation of birth

Search for players and staff by region of birth

Search for stadium by capacity changes

Search for competition by competition level

New customisable ‘position’ and ‘best position’ columns

QUOTE]

Couple of questions:

1 - Is it possible to look for those with future transfers / loans set? I'm sure this used to be possible but not in most recent games.

2 - I guess the mass edit isn't stretched to being able to remove all unused history lines? I.e. the Scandinavian leagues where players ages 15 have years of 0's already or where version on version changes have left players with 0's for a season they moved in because the unnecessary line wasn't deleted?

Thanks

Will the ability to make changes to the A.I. in certain aspects be available? Because that's the main problem of the game. All the stuff you mention are merely cosmetic.

Games in steamwork allow for proper modding.

does Advanced competition rules are now editable (which means that it’s now possible to edit existing league structures within the FM database) mean we will be able to edit youth leagues on fm14?

£39.99?? havent had to pay more than £24.99 for any of the championship/football manager games for as long as I can remember, shop around buddy, even at £39.99 id hazard a guess that an ingame editor will prob be in the region of £4.99 and is not necessary to play the game so si are well within their rights to charge extra, even fmrte/genie isnt free is it, at least you will be getting a program that is supported by the games creators and will have updates/fixes for it when needed and autoupdate with the patches.

Belated, but can I just say, after so many years of editting this game, the "remove all..." buttons will literally save me months of tedious labour and is massively appreciated.

Aaaaaand the question is : will this be accessible with the pre access beta, or only on release day ?

So basicly there was no reason to preorder, as the game will be unplayable untill release day anyway.

Sigh....

Release day - data isn't final until release, so can't be having people editing beta data then complaining when it doesn't work.

Miles I need your attention to one problem and I think you need to create a new team "category" on editor and in FM14.

The "B teams" in Portugal works as a mix of "Reserve Squads" of England and "B Teams" of Spain. We can exchange freely the players between both teams (A and B) and they usually go there to be fit, recover from injury or to develop skills. However, unlike in England, the teams compete in the second league of Portugal and have the competition rules like in Spain (cannot be promoted and participate in the domestic and league cups).

In FM13 and now in FM14 the "B Teams" in Portugal are as an affiliated club, so if we want the players to play for B team, we need to sent them to there every time and not just tick on "Available for B Squad". Furthermore, the players doesn't develop any attributes while playing for B teams.

I think that the only way to rectify this is to create a new category of "teams". The ideal way is to have a mix of rules of "reserve squad" with "B team", a kind of "hybrid" from both situations.

You need to allow the relationship that exists in "Main Squad and Reserve Squad", regardling to the freely interaction and players exchange (that happens in England), and need to have the competition rules of "B Teams", that allow them to participate in professional leagues (second league of Portugal in this case), without being promoted or participate in the national and league cups (like it happens in Spain).

Do you understand what i'm saying? Everyone in Portugal are concerned about this because right now, the "B" teams are useless and not like real life.

Miles I need your attention to one problem and I think you need to create a new team "category" on editor and in FM14.

The "B teams" in Portugal works as a mix of "Reserve Squads" of England and "B Teams" of Spain. We can exchange freely the players between both teams (A and B) and they usually go there to be fit, recover from injury or to develop skills. However, unlike in England, the teams compete in the second league of Portugal and have the competition rules like in Spain (cannot be promoted and participate in the domestic and league cups).

In FM13 and now in FM14 the "B Teams" in Portugal are as an affiliated club, so if we want the players to play for B team, we need to sent them to there every time and not just tick on "Available for B Squad". Furthermore, the players doesn't develop any attributes while playing for B teams.

I think that the only way to rectify this is to create a new category of "teams". The ideal way is to have a mix of rules of "reserve squad" with "B team", a kind of "hybrid" from both situations.

You need to allow the relationship that exists in "Main Squad and Reserve Squad", regardling to the freely interaction and players exchange (that happens in England), and need to have the competition rules of "B Teams", that allow them to participate in professional leagues (second league of Portugal in this case), without being promoted or participate in the national and league cups (like it happens in Spain).

Do you understand what i'm saying? Everyone in Portugal are concerned about this because right now, the "B" teams are useless and not like real life.

This type of relationship is already available - I use it for my Trinidad league. Possibly this is a hangover from previous versions of FM that didn't allow squads within teams, as if the rules act as you say there should be nothing stopping them making B teams as reserve teams

So basicly there was no reason to preorder, as the game will be unplayable untill release day anyway.

Sigh....

Aye, if you say so pal.

The reason for not having the beta is pretty sound, and it was never going to be available for that reason.

Is there a button to make the whole team homegrown? I'd like to have that option..

Possibly in the save-game editor. Wait a bit ....

Sigh....

I've been playing the Beta version all day and almost done 1 whole season. I haven't been able to do that in around 2 years. So in summary, the Beta version is very playable in my opinion. But it's ok, I am also waiting for the in game editor, just to make the game a lot easier for myself. The in game editor was NEVER going to be available for the Beta version.

Sigh....

You understand what a beta is, right?

This type of relationship is already available - I use it for my Trinidad league. Possibly this is a hangover from previous versions of FM that didn't allow squads within teams, as if the rules act as you say there should be nothing stopping them making B teams as reserve teams

No it's not. As i'm saying the FM doens't have this kind of relationship yet with B teams. We tried to correct this on Editor and we couldn't because there isn't a type of this relationship, just "B teams" and "reserve squads" as i explained above.. Not a mix of both, which SI should create because that's what's happen in reality.

Sorry I'm not sure what can't happen with B teams - they can play in lower leagues, be set to play with them just like a reserve team, and cannot be promoted to the parent's league - what in particular means that creating a B team squad in the editor and adding them to the 2nd tier doesn't work as in real life?

Sorry I'm not sure what can't happen with B teams - they can play in lower leagues, be set to play with them just like a reserve team, and cannot be promoted to the parent's league - what in particular means that creating a B team squad in the editor and adding them to the 2nd tier doesn't work as in real life?

It's explained here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363249-Portugal-(Official)-League-Specific-Issues

I want to make Europe to have more or less than 53 associations. Could I remake the continental and international competitions with the coeficient rules?

We will need to wait and see what is possible with the new editor.

I can't wait 'til we do, but I'm slightly dreading it not being exactly what it says on the tin, in that I can see it being difficult to get to grips with OR not quite as good as it sounds. I'm sure it'll be fine but the longer I wait, the more nervouser I get. I wish they'd have released a video of the new features on the week when they announced them.

''Advanced competition rules are now editable (which means that it’s now possible to edit existing league structures within the FM database)''

this means for example that in german league...i can keep first three leagues and put 4.tier in shape i want?

dont need to create everything all over again? am i right?

I would like to import my current FM2013 club to the new FM. So I could compete with the actual top clubs.

Scout reports ... how long are they meant to take? in FM13 they were the next day. In FM14 I have sent out my scouts up to 6 days previously and nothing back yet.

''Advanced competition rules are now editable (which means that it’s now possible to edit existing league structures within the FM database)''

this means for example that in german league...i can keep first three leagues and put 4.tier in shape i want?

dont need to create everything all over again? am i right?

yes we think you are right....but cant say 100% until editor is released, but from all the info SI have given its looking good

Does anyone know if "Transfer Preferences" option still used to prevent too many transfers from certain regions? I'm most interested if they still use "-1" to whole regions for some countries which AFAIK results in no transfer activity. For example in FM13 Polish clubs weren't signing players from Asia or Africa which made no sense.

Kajman it's designed to prevent unrealistic transfers and jarr the user experience - certain countries should on paper be buying up another country but don't for sociocultural reasons.

Will the ability to make changes to the A.I. in certain aspects be available? Because that's the main problem of the game. All the stuff you mention are merely cosmetic.

Games in steamwork allow for proper modding.

there is zero chance we will be allowed to edit the AI in anyway at all.

Some great changes, I still want to be able to search for clubs by region and region by region of city of birth though, as it takes ages to do for regional databases.