Sports Interactive Community
Miles Jacobson

FM14 data editor / FMC14 challenge editor / FM IGE confirmation

I hope the editor is available with the beta game so we will have 2 weeks to edit pre full game launch

If you look at the start of the thread you will find that the editor wont be released until the full game is out on the 31st.

Can you make custom cups for TV you weren't able to do that in previous additions ??

It's a shame that SI feel the need to charge even more for the In-Game editor when they charge so much for the game.

It's a shame that SI feel the need to charge even more for the In-Game editor when they charge so much for the game.

Wit? In terms of the price of computer games, FM is pretty small fry for the amount of hours that you get out of it. PS3/XBox games can cost upwards of £50, and you're getting FM for £25 if you look in the right places. It's about as cheap as it can be.

Plus pricing probably has little to do with SI - that'll be Sega's domain.

Several people asked about the old European formats - this is doable (sort of) in the current editor. I actually have a file with them enabled.

fmrte charges for its use, this is an additional feature for the game that you dont have to pay for but is there if you do, think over the last couple of years with the fmrte debacle when went to paid for, si have done the right thing and made their own why use an unofficial editor that could cause crashes/strange occurrences in game when you have the games creators making a version of the same thing which you would imagine would be 100 times more stable?

I should clarify from my earlier post that I don't agree with them charging for it. It doesn't really affect me though, as I'm unlikely to buy it unless there's a particular feature which makes my life easier. I can find no real reason to justify them charging though, apart from to make more money. But hey, if it makes them millions, good on them.

We've been able to do it since FM 2011. I don't know if it'll benefit from the easier editing they're bringing in, though. I hope so.

Many thanks for the reply CMdan! :thup:

The options I love & will use regularly ...

Advanced competition rules are now editable (which means that it’s now possible to edit existing league structures within the FM database)

There is now an option to keep teams from same division apart in a competition draw

Prize money can be set for winning, losing and drawing

The seating colour in each stadium can now be changed

Different coaching roles have been added

Different retirement options have been added

Wages can now be displayed as annual, monthly or weekly

New helpful, timesaving options:

A ‘Remove All Bans’ button has been added

A ‘Remove All Loans’ button has been added

A ‘Remove All Injuries’ button has been added

Fantastic to see

I should clarify from my earlier post that I don't agree with them charging for it. It doesn't really affect me though, as I'm unlikely to buy it unless there's a particular feature which makes my life easier. I can find no real reason to justify them charging though, apart from to make more money. But hey, if it makes them millions, good on them.
but the extra charge is for the real time editor...the pre game will be free with the game as normal so all good

I have made a DB with many many changes in FM 2013. Could it work on FM 2014?

Almost certainly not, I'm afraid

so for clarification - I could for example change the number of teams in the premier league to 18?

I like the new additions, I have not tended to use the editer in the past but I will probley do a great briten leauge and a Gibralta leauge and cup cant wait.

Does that mean that we can make U20 league + reserves league in Serie A a playable competition so young players can actually grow in it and get match experience? I hope someone can get what I mean :(

so for clarification - I could for example change the number of teams in the premier league to 18?
yes and you could do that now too

Does that mean that we can make U20 league + reserves league in Serie A a playable competition so young players can actually grow in it and get match experience? I hope someone can get what I mean :(

It is easy to do anyway

Will be available the next?:

- Addition / deletion of teams on real-time editor

- Creation of fictional universes on pre-game editor, even with custom start date

Does anyone know if any changes are then reflected in classic mode? (e.g. injury proneness of a player)

No, FMC uses it's own separate DB which can't be edited.

No, FMC uses it's own separate DB which can't be edited.

Gutted. Do you know why it can't be edited? (Not played Classic yet - but it's all I have time for going forward - however sometimes I disagree with the injury proneness / potential etc.)

Does this mean we can change the number of teams in a comp from one year to the next?

This could be a possibility but until we see the editor I doubt we will find this out.

This could be a possibility but until we see the editor I doubt we will find this out.

Do you hope and/or think that this will eliminate the need for the "unspeakable" ;) editor

Gutted. Do you know why it can't be edited? (Not played Classic yet - but it's all I have time for going forward - however sometimes I disagree with the injury proneness / potential etc.)

Technically not possible.

Technically not possible.

Short and sweet Lucas! But thanks for the response ;)

It's a shame it's not technically possible though - I guess its to make classic run faster, but still a shame this can't be done.

Do you hope and/or think that this will eliminate the need for the "unspeakable" ;) editor

Without seeing it I have no idea. It's possible this is what has been in the editor since FM2010, albeit hidden until now. It's also possible that it is just similar to it, like Miles has quoted to myself on Twitter. So we shall have to wait and see. It would be nice to have official confirmation though, not just "it is similar, yes". Is it the same as the Advanced Rules SI use or not?

Thanks for the info - is it possible for you to release the editor early for some of us who have a lot of edits to do? My Caribbean megapack took me two months to create last year and a head start would be great.... Not mentioned are third place playoffs - are these also possible to add? It's the only reason I eneded the advanced editor last year.

Thanks!

Thank god for that, will save so much time creating updates

on the subject of creating yearly updates, will it ever be possible to change the start year of your season in the editor?

Thanks for the info - is it possible for you to release the editor early for some of us who have a lot of edits to do? My Caribbean megapack took me two months to create last year and a head start would be great.... Not mentioned are third place playoffs - are these also possible to add? It's the only reason I eneded the advanced editor last year.

Thanks!

Release day - data isn't final until release, so can't be having people editing beta data then complaining when it doesn't work.

Looks like no. Seems fair enough to me.

Hi,

I would like to know when you will annouced price and date you will be able to edit in game editor, so also how to can buy it and if in case you have to format hd and have to reinstall Operating system and FM14 if you will buy again the in game editor, or other add ons,

Thanks for your reply

Greetings

would it be possible to change foreign player restrictions as for example in Turkey?

I think so as you can edit competition rules. But don't quote me on this.

Im hoping to change years to gain nationality in England from 4 to 1 season :lol:

so also how to can buy it and if in case you have to format hd and have to reinstall Operating system and FM14 if you will buy again the in game editor, or other add ons,

Greetings

Ehhh, what?

Since when has a game editor required full hd formatting?

Hi,

I would like to know when you will annouced price and date you will be able to edit in game editor, so also how to can buy it and if in case you have to format hd and have to reinstall Operating system and FM14 if you will buy again the in game editor, or other add ons,

Thanks for your reply

Greetings

They'll all be attached to your steam account, so if you need to format your HD you'll just re download them from steam.

I think so as you can edit competition rules. But don't quote me on this.

Im hoping to change years to gain nationality in England from 4 to 1 season :lol:

Buy you can do that already, years to gain nationality is editable through the nations tab, and not the competitions tab?

I have made a DB with many many changes in FM 2013. Could it work on FM 2014?

i also have big database on fm13 and i hope i can make it work on fm14. its database with about 1500 new clubs and i dont wanna make all clubs again :)

i also have big database on fm13 and i hope i can make it work on fm14. its database with about 1500 new clubs and i dont wanna make all clubs again :)

There's a close to zero chance of that working. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

They'll all be attached to your steam account, so if you need to format your HD you'll just re download them from steam.

Thanks for you reply, but when will be annouced price and date you can to edit in game editor, and if you can to use it in all saved games

Thanks for you reply, but when will be annouced price and date you can to edit in game editor, and if you can to use it in all saved games
the in game editor is to be used with your saved games:thup:

Buy you can do that already, years to gain nationality is editable through the nations tab, and not the competitions tab?
in previous versions I have been able to use various files from earlier FM versions where I have created comps/changed nations etc so give it a try

There's a close to zero chance of that working. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

i dont think so. database will probably be similar to last one and thats good enough for me. in that case i can transfer data to fm14. hope dies last :)

Would you be able to, say, start a new save and with the in-game editor adjust the World Cup draw after it happens in real life? Thinking of doing a real-time save this year to keep it close to real-life as possible. Thanks!

I don't think you will be able to do that type of thing with the real time one....I might be wrong but I cant see it being that detailed

i dont think so. database will probably be similar to last one and thats good enough for me. in that case i can transfer data to fm14. hope dies last :)

You'll still need to input everything you've done manually, there is highly unlikely to be any kind of importing function for any edits made in FM13. You can hope, but it's something they've never done, and probably never will.

Did you? If so, I apologise, had no idea you could do that, was sure it was just start all over again. Learn something new every day.