FM14 data editor / FMC14 challenge editor / FM IGE confirmation

If you purchased through Steam, restart your client and it should prompt a download to update to 14.1.2. If you purchased from another vendor, please check with them regarding a retail version license key.

You must be running 14.1.2 for any of the editors to become accessible.

Thanks, works now with my activation key from Gamefly

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having a problem getting the editor...

I've tried pretty much all I know (apart from uninstalling), checked game cache and restarted...

I want to avoid uninstalling as my internet connection is slower than Rivaldo in FM14

I have a problem with the IGE. When I try to change the amount of money in my club it wont change. It gives me a funny sound and goes back to what it was before. Please help.

possibly their rep is not high enough to have the amount of money you are trying to give them, that's a thing you have to watch out for in pre-game editor so maybe in in-game editor too?

Having a problem getting the editor...

I've tried pretty much all I know (apart from uninstalling), checked game cache and restarted...

I want to avoid uninstalling as my internet connection is slower than Rivaldo in FM14

Sorted my problem, GreenMan Gaming didn't send me my second activation code so I had to go and get it myself

Hi guys, was just after a little bit of advice... With the Pre-Game Editor, was wondering if you can play around with teams Kit Selections, for example, Newcastle play away to Sunderland and will wear there yellow Third Strip, would rather them play in Black & White, can this be changed? I'll post a screenshot...

r73bmb.png

So, a quick question.

Does the editor use feet when it comes to altitude? Because you're confusing as hell - it's centimeters for people and appears to be feet for locations (city's altitude).

If so, why not be consistent about it? Or at the very least just put a little sign that says what type of measurement does it take.

Hi guys, was just after a little bit of advice... With the Pre-Game Editor, was wondering if you can play around with teams Kit Selections, for example, Newcastle play away to Sunderland and will wear there yellow Third Strip, would rather them play in Black & White, can this be changed? I'll post a screenshot...

r73bmb.png

This is what i asked about earlier. Would appreciate if anyone can answer this.

how can I stop the Editor from flickering?
I have the same problem. Any solutions?

Just found it out

C:\Users\name*\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2014\Preferences\version 4

in there find "ui_rendering_mode", right click -> Edit and change the 2 to a 1

Im justing looking at the new editor and you are now unable to highlight al ot of Players or Non Players and edit there skills....all in one click

If I pick for example more players in orders to change values .... on the left I have a column :

DETAILS

CONTRACT

PERSON DATA

In order to have also NON PLAYER DATA as in the last fm13 and fm12 editor

I ordered the game online with Amazon.

Received my beta code like everyone else, and my full game CD arrived yesterday.

Installed but cannot get the IGE either from Steam or in game. Any help?

EDIT - Game status tells me I am running version 14.1.1 but cant see how to update it

Hello.

I tried to add Serie D into the Italian league using the Data Editor. A few clicks, no big deal. But when I start the game, all I can choose from are Serie B and the Serie D leagues. Serie C1 and C2 are blocked, and Serie A is nowhere to be found!

seried.jpg

In-game I get this message:

- for Serie C1: "This competition has not been scheduled yet"

- for Serie C2: "Italian Serie C2 will start on Sunday 1st June 2014 (322 days)

Looks like a problem with dates, but I have no idea how to fix it. Within the Data Editor everything looks fine, and the "Test nation rules" reports the rules are valid.

Please help!! :(

ive looked on the ingame menu 'downloads' section, and nothing happens.

ive also looked on steam, and followed the above instructions (library -> tools -> fm14 editor on left) etc.

still not there? is his happening to a lot of people?

I have the same trouble. Restarting Steam or reinstalling FM14 doesn't work. Only FM12 and FM13 Editors are available in my list under Tools.

• SI Staff
Where can I find the IGE? Under Tools in Steam is nothing.

It is purchased via the ingame store, "Downloads" button from main menu and "Downloads" in the FM menu in-game.

ok, so i've been struggling with the "advanced rules" part as i want to change two things before starting my game. first, i want to revert the transfer system to the old way; so that transfer window stays open until the end of , say january. so basically, i want to change the transfer window dates in the five nations i will pick in game. that's first. second, i want to increase the # of usable subs to for example 5 out of 9. sounds pretty simple isnt it, as now we seemingly are allowed to tinker with the league specific (subs)/national (window) rules?

let me clarify how i've come to understand to execute those two simple changes, and please correct me if i'm wrong. in data editor i load the database. click rules, then i pick a nation. before i can switch to advanced (or detailed, cant recall) rules it wants me to pick a division. WHY IT CANT LIST THE LEAGUES AS THEY ARE TO THE LEFT MENU I DONT KNOW. i pick a league. it asks me # of teams to relegate, promote etc. WHY DOES IT DO THAT? I JUST WANT TO CHANGE TWO SPECIFIC TINY SLOTS FFS. the relegation teams number box i'm being asked to enter into is preset to 1, wrongly. two things happen here. if i change it to the actual # which is 3, it asks me to add another league, the league into which the relegated teams from the top league I WANT TO CHANGE supposed to come from. so i find myself in need to introduce a second league, which i have no intention to change anything about; just because i was asked needlessly about relegations, promotions etc. this would lead me to manually picking every single league, correcting the wrong promotion/relegation infos alont the way. WHY? if i set the top leagues relegation to 0, which would allow me to bypass to enter other leagues hoping that a 0 would translate in the game as "pick default". but it doesnt, if i pick 0 for relegation, only the top league is there in the game. WHY AM I REQUIRED TO SET THE WHOLE LEAGUE STRUCTURE and enter random info into every single division there is (the info, such as relegations etc., is there in the database and i'm not even trying to change those) While i'm only trying to edit something different about the top league? can anyone from the producers please elaborate?

whole thing can really not be this stupid... clearly i'm missing something and this is just because of the SI's mysterious habit of neglecting user manuals. yeah manuals, who needs them?

ok, so i've been struggling with the "advanced rules" part as i want to change two things before starting my game. first, i want to revert the transfer system to the old way; so that transfer window stays open until the end of , say january. so basically, i want to change the transfer window dates in the five nations i will pick in game. that's first. second, i want to increase the # of usable subs to for example 5 out of 9. sounds pretty simple isnt it, as now we seemingly are allowed to tinker with the league specific (subs)/national (window) rules?

let me clarify how i've come to understand to execute those two simple changes, and please correct me if i'm wrong. in data editor i load the database. click rules, then i pick a nation. before i can switch to advanced (or detailed, cant recall) rules it wants me to pick a division. WHY IT CANT LIST THE LEAGUES AS THEY ARE TO THE LEFT MENU I DONT KNOW. i pick a league. it asks me # of teams to relegate, promote etc. WHY DOES IT DO THAT? I JUST WANT TO CHANGE TWO SPECIFIC TINY SLOTS FFS. the relegation teams number box i'm being asked to enter into is preset to 1, wrongly. two things happen here. if i change it to the actual # which is 3, it asks me to add another league, the league into which the relegated teams from the top league I WANT TO CHANGE supposed to come from. so i find myself in need to introduce a second league, which i have no intention to change anything about; just because i was asked needlessly about relegations, promotions etc. this would lead me to manually picking every single league, correcting the wrong promotion/relegation infos alont the way. WHY? if i set the top leagues relegation to 0, which would allow me to bypass to enter other leagues hoping that a 0 would translate in the game as "pick default". but it doesnt, if i pick 0 for relegation, only the top league is there in the game. WHY AM I REQUIRED TO SET THE WHOLE LEAGUE STRUCTURE and enter random info into every single division there is (the info, such as relegations etc., is there in the database and i'm not even trying to change those) While i'm only trying to edit something different about the top league? can anyone from the producers please elaborate?

whole thing can really not be this stupid... clearly i'm missing something and this is just because of the SI's mysterious habit of neglecting user manuals. yeah manuals, who needs them?

Totally spot on post it should be so easy to do what you want to do(should take a few seconds) why when you view a league/completion etc doesnt all the rules show up???? so you see the sub rules/prize money etc and simply change them SI do have to provide(or the seasoned editors) a guide/maual PLEASE

ive looked on the ingame menu 'downloads' section, and nothing happens.

ive also looked on steam, and followed the above instructions (library -> tools -> fm14 editor on left) etc.

still not there? is his happening to a lot of people?

Only for those that haven't yet activated the FULL game from the Beta game. I have the full game and I can clearly see it there.

Cannot get the editor to work at all. Tried clearing the cache folder, have reinstalled numerous times ... just keeps getting to the loading database bar then crashes saying "Editor 2014 has stopped working"

Having the same problem, can anybody help ?...

I've installed the data editor but every time I try and load it up it just instantly says 'editor 2014 has stopped working' ?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled but it still happens ?

I followed the steps to try and delete the data editor cache but when I get to the sports interactive folder the editor 2014 folder isn't there ? Where else would it be ?

Can anybody help with this please ?...

lol its silly why make things complicated the FMTE was nice and simple to access and get , this in game thing editor is giving the run around. I don't get the FMc thing about unlocking things paying some sort of in game currency and some basket thing , is that to purchase the editor in game, if so don't seem to work.

I am sorry if I got it all wrong but I have mental disability so I do find certain things hard to grasp if its not set out in a certain way

trying to get the in game editor, but the store won't work for me.

I have the full version of the game (14.1.3), activated the full game this morning.

When I try to access 'Downloads' it processes for a while, then returns error code 1028. when I try again it gives me error code 0. I have restarted FM, Steam and my computer, and the issue persists.

Any ideas?

Archived