Biggest wage you've been given

what do managers need wages for in terms of the game...surely you'd settle for less so there are more transfer funds?

I generally always settle for the least they will offer me. They offered me £125,000 and I could not negotiate a lower deal.

what do managers need wages for in terms of the game...surely you'd settle for less so there are more transfer funds?

Functionally, the larger your wages:

1. The more the board has to pay to you when they sack you, and therefore, the less likely you are to sack you. In other words, if I have 4 years left at £250,000 p/w, they would have to pay me about £52M to sack me. Even if I'm awful, losing badly, well below expectations, they are not likely to sack me due to the compensation. However, if I have 5 months left at £50,000 p/w, it might cost them just over £1M to sack me ... If I'm doing even slightly under expectations, I'm much more likely to get the sack.

2. The more a different team has to pay your current team to hire you away. In other words, the higher your "Transfer Fee" would be. It functions similarly to above - based on weekly wage * number of weeks remaining on contract.

3. The more of your team's wage budget you are consuming.

Basically, if you are extremely confident in your ability, and intending to play a career game where you move teams frequently, you want short contracts for the minimum value offered.

If you are unsure of your ability, or are intending to play a career game where you try to stay with a single team for an indefinite length of time, you want long contracts for the highest possible value offered.

I'm on an incredible £750,000 a week at Man. United. Insane. Anyone want a mansion? I have like six of them!

Mike, do you have a screen print? If you do, it's a record and can go in the records thread!

I'm currently on £1,300 with San Marino

Mike, do you have a screen print? If you do, it's a record and can go in the records thread!

I'm currently on £1,300 with San Marino

I'm usually too lazy to bother with screenshots. However, that save is still current, so I might make an exception when I get home tonight.

Archived