Macbook 13 Intel HD Graphics 4000 for fm 2014

Hi everyone im thinking about buying a macbook pro and just want to make sure that the game will run smoothly with fm since its the only game I play, I;m mostly worried about the graphic card, will intel HD Graphics 4000 be good enough to run the matches in 3d? I would really appreciate some feedback, specs below

2.9GHz dual-core Intel Core i7

Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz

8GB 1600MHz memory

750GB 5400-rpm hard drive1

Intel HD Graphics 4000

• Administrators

Yeah I'm running an Intel HD Graphics 4000 - it runs okay, but really you'll only be able to run in say 2-3 star mode (so Medium). It looks pretty good in that I'd say, but if you want it to run top-end then the card isn't really up to it.

Welcome. If I remember correctly, the IG chipsets may, or will, work. They are not officially suported though. You're machine should be ok i would think. Don't think that 14 will be that much more intensive of Gfx, at least not at the bottom end.

EDIT> As above.

I upgraded my PC for FM13 but bearing in mind it is a desktop and that had a built in Intel HD graphics card not sure which model it is but it was the latest Intel HD one at the time and it works absolutely fine plus I don't think FM even with 3d match engine is the most challenging game for a graphics card to run

Welcome. If I remember correctly, the IG chipsets may, or will, work. They are not officially suported though. You're machine should be ok i would think. Don't think that 14 will be that much more intensive of Gfx, at least not at the bottom end.

EDIT> As above.

The 4000 series onwards ARE supported.

To OP: I have the Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Haswell) chipset and can run 3D graphics perfectly. The 4000 series should at least run decently, if not great.

The 4000 series onwards ARE supported.

To OP: I have the Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Haswell) chipset and can run 3D graphics perfectly. The 4000 series should at least run decently, if not great.

Yeah alright, no need to shout!! I was merely looking at the FAQ which stated that mobile chipsets were not supported. Yeah ok, did not bother to research updates or whatever else.

At the apple store right now thinking of get the MacBook with GeForce 650m 512 mb gddr5 memory. Now the question is retina or non retina I heard that some stuff looks weird in fm with retina anybody have any experience with that? Thanks for the feedback

At the apple store right now thinking of get the MacBook with GeForce 650m 512 mb gddr5 memory. Now the question is retina or non retina I heard that some stuff looks weird in fm with retina anybody have any experience with that? Thanks for the feedback

I have the following spec and it runs many many leagues quickly and the 3D engine is on the top star rating...no issues with Retina resolution what so ever, other than the fact SI have not optimized the game for retina support so you dont get the benefit of the retina sharpness...

MacBook Pro 15" with retina display, 2.7GHz quad core i7 ivy bridge, NVidia GeForce GT 650M, 1024 MB vram, 16Gb RAM (1600MHz DDR 3).

Archived