So...where's MY bonus?

I know that managerial salaries have no real in-game purpose, aside from measuring your status against other managers, but when I lead my team to a league crown, cup win, Champions League crown, etc, I don't seem to see a share of the winnings/awards. You set the team bonus pool at the start of the season, and after the prize money rolls in there's always a note about the owner/board/stockholders getting a rather significant share of the winnings...but *sniff*...what's in it for me? The congratulatory "Good going, sport, now get back to work and win us some more titles" message from the board? I think, at the very least, you should be able to negotiate a contract clause for "I win Champions, I get a significant bump in pay", instead of having to wait until my contract nears its completion in 3-4 years.

I know that even though I'm the highest-ranked manager in the SPL, I've only had 2 job offers from the EPL, even as other SPL managers who have been repeatedly sacked are given EPL positions all the time. I think they're afraid of paying 4 years of contract compensation to my current club.

I almost took an offer from Fulham this season, but we were still in the cups and Champions, and I wanted one last great season - which I got, but now I don't want to give them over to the chucklehead coaching churn that is the AI.

I don't think this is such a bad idea to be honest. Yes, your salary in the game is just a number and you cant do anything with that money, but it would add a bit more realism in my opinion. If any feature can be added that will make the game more realistic without compromising fun then I'm all for it. I don't see how this could really have too much of a detrimental effect.

1 - is there a list somewhere that tells you the ingame manager salaries?

2 - Olly had a clause in his contract at Blackpool that allowed him to take a cut of any profits he made in the transfer market, that would be a good clause and then have a list like 1- above to show highest earners in the game so far!

It comes back to a post I made earlier. Some managers in real life have become extremely wealthy. I would like to earn enough so I could buy a non league team tand then manage them too. Giving me complete control over the club. It would be great being able to determine when I can upgrade youtyh facilities or whether the money would be better spent on a new free transfers wages. Then a few years later when I rule Europe and the bank balance is healthy I can pay any wage I want and buy any player

Archived