Has your teams start got you itching to play FM14 with that squad?

Because I have to say as an AFC Wimbledon supporter I am. Four wins out of six - the power of Smith in attack and Pell in midfield and the speed and trickery of Francomb, Porter, Arthur and Saint-Luce down the wings has got me thinking I can do great things attacking wise with the squad. And I will need minimal improvements to the squad.

A little. The problem is that player happiness is so intrinsically linked to club reputation that a lot of players who've moved over the summer will want a bigger club really quickly because FM is so inflexible. So partially looking forward to it, but wish that the kind of moves we've seen over the summer (or indeed any summer) will one day be possible in FM.

In a way yes, as Boca have been heavily underachieving in recent seasons, they decided to coax Bianchi back to the club only for us to have a horrific closing stage, but now he has released/ sold something like 20+ players mostly established first team players like Silva, Viatri, Rodriguez, Caruzzo, Somoza, amongst others, and brought loads of younger players in and around the first team. So from that perspective its going to be an interesting challenge.

As a Gillingham fan with three points from our first six games, I figure Martin Allen's just setting the bar low for me deliberately.

Similar to you.....but Bristol City. We've only got 3 points also, but 2 League Cup wins, and a JP win over our local rivals, there is hope that the squad has the ability to consolidate in league one under my management.

Similar to you.....but Bristol City. We've only got 3 points also, but 2 League Cup wins, and a JP win over our local rivals, there is hope that the squad has the ability to consolidate in league one under my management.

Don't I know it... *grumble*

No. I'm expecting the squad that they put together for Bury (an entirely new team IRL) to be crap. We also have 30 scouts who are based around the world now, but they're never in a million years going to give that to a league 2 club. They won't even give us the ability to scout worldwide, never mind 30 scouts.

No. I'm expecting the squad that they put together for Bury (an entirely new team IRL) to be crap. We also have 30 scouts who are based around the world now, but they're never in a million years going to give that to a league 2 club. They won't even give us the ability to scount worldwide, never mind 30 scouts.

In real life, how is your scouting network funded?

It's not about funding, it's limitations. Reputation = Amount of coaches/scouts available. As the "biggest club in ze vorld" in FM I'm only allowed 28 scouts. So Bury might have 30 at the start of the game, but it will be impossible to re-sign them and indeed the manager might be so over-populated that the board demand firings. With a suitably interfering chairman they could sack them without question.

In real life, how is your scouting network funded?

We don't know for sure how anything's being funded. I'm looking forward to seeing how they implement that too. I can only guess they'll make Stuart Day (our new chairman) a sugar daddy, as it's entirely possible that's what he is. He's already personally funded coaches for several away trips, given us a new gym, paid off all debts totaling over a million pounds etc. It would APPEAR that it's coming from Stuart Day, but we don't know.

Archived