trophies that have eluded you?

so as the title suggests, have any of you had that one trophy that has eluded you year on yea? even during your long saves? I remember taking Lincoln city to the premier league from league two years ago winning play offs and leagues avoiding relegation, snatching the johnstones paint trophy, the league cup, the fa cup even the charity shield, premier league and the euro cup and super cup but one that always got away was the Champions league! I made 4 finals in my 35 year career with Lincoln city and lost all four!!!!

For some reason the fa cup kept on beating me I was constantly playing city in the final losing 1-0 2-1 3-1 then as happens we beat them the next year 4-0 but it was a big problem for me saying that it took me 3 attempts to win the CL Lyon just was immense we lost big time 2 years in a row then the 3rd we beat them believe it or not 4-0

I keep getting a pattern kinda odd but the feeling afterwards is certainly rewarding

I've taken my Barca team to 4 Club World Championship finals and only won 1 of them, we keep bottling it against random South American/Asian teams. Lost 2-1 to Internacional, 1-0 to Sao Paolo and worst of all 1-0 to Seongnam who aren't even in a playable league in my game.

The 1 we won was a 4-0 beating of River 2 seasons ago.

in my current save im in 28/29 season and have never won the english league cup, its the only trophy ive managed in and never won, i suppose the reason is i always field my second or sometimes third XI but i will probably start to take it more seriously when this save is coming to an end

overall on football manager over the years i have never won the johnstones paint trophy but its on my to do list

On my Castellon save any European one, I've won La Liga and Copa del Rey twice. I've lot a Europa League and Champions League final. As well as being knocked out of the Europa League quarters 3-4 times and the semis once. I'm currently in the Champions League semis about to face Barça

Up until this evening, I needed a Champions League cup - but then I knocked out Man City on pk's 1-1 (9-8). Yes, their main forward was out with broken ribs, but my side had 4 starters out with injuries which conveniently would have resolved 2-3 days after the final. For the first time ever, I actually had my right wing back take an injection in the wrist to get through the game (he's leaving for Lille OSC after the season so I really don't care about lingering effects - he told me he'd stick around for two years to win the CL, then agreed to a transfer the next day...so we had to win the CL THIS year.) So, 13 years into the save, and after 10 years in the SPL, we went on an epic run, winning the Scottish League Cup, the Scottish Cup, the SPL title and the Champions. Frankly, I don't know what to do with myself now - sit by the phone for a job offer from the EPL, or stick around and build on our success. The board bumped the payroll from $235K/wk to $437K/wk and upgraded the training facilities without being asked, so I'm thinking they're getting serious.

Oh, yeah, the team's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonnyrigg_Rose_Athletic_F.C. I'd post a pic of me in a player's jersey, but no one really wants to see that.

On my Castellon save any European one, I've won La Liga and Copa del Rey twice. I've lot a Europa League and Champions League final. As well as being knocked out of the Europa League quarters 3-4 times and the semis once. I'm currently in the Champions League semis about to face Barça

Saying that I won the Champions League today, getting my revenge against Chelsea :)

Archived