Sports Interactive Community
Zeonflux

FM Wonderkid to Real Life Obscurity

Back in the olden days, Rob Dewhurst was the first player I'd buy. Never got out of the lower leagues IRL.

This, I remember having him on a Sheffield Wednesday team that won the Premier League... good memories.

In FM11 Ezechiel (Ezechiel N'Douassel) was a must buy for everyone of my games, either as a star for a lower league or mid to bottom first tier team, or a backup for bigger ones. The best thing is that he was available on a Free.

Silviu Lung Jr was an insane keeper on FM10 or 11 I think. Don't think he's gone anywhere since then.

Andreas Isaksson

The Andreas Isaksson who has represented Juventus, PSV and Manchester City? The Andreas Isaksson who has 109 caps for Sweden and has played in 4 international tournament? I'd hardly call that obscure.

I remember a Swedish kid who turned into a world beater in cm98 (I think) in the name of Bloomqvist or something like that, I mean no overhyped wonderkid ever gave me the chills like he did! I'm not sure if he even existed in real life lol.

He would've been in his early 20s at the time, but could be Hans Blomqvist. I don't remember what he was like in CM, but he was a fantastic dribbler in real life, great player to watch. Had massive injury problems though that caused an early retirement.

The Andreas Isaksson who has represented Juventus, PSV and Manchester City? The Andreas Isaksson who has 109 caps for Sweden and has played in 4 international tournament? I'd hardly call that obscure.

Ok, maybe not obscure (obviously), but he never starred for them as he used to in my FM games :D

Does anyone recall a player called Peter Prospar? Hahahaha he was the god of CM08/09 or something :)

However, my favourites that surely are in this category are: Evandro Roncatto, Daniel Braathen, Kennedy Bakircioglu, Anatoli Todorov, Maxim Tsigalko, Pawel Brozek, Mark Kerr, Stephen Pearson, Sherman Cardenas, Wang Dalei, Luke Chadwick, Vitaly Kutuzov, Alexander Prudnikov, ... There are surely much more, but I can't recall them at the moment :D

Good old times :) and good memories, too... Probably some of these players were just too good they can now be considered as cheat hahaha

Erik Nevland and Freddy Adu.

Nevland was the first player I would buy with every new start and would end up scoring 60+ goals a season. Adu even had real life media saying he was going to be the next Pele and ended up doing nothing.

Think it was FM2005, might be 06, Tommy Hoiland

Might even have been both, there were 2 versions in a row he was always a must sign for me.

Nicolás Millán is currently plying his trade in the Chilean second tier. As a 14 yr old, he became the youngest player to ever appear in a First Division match in Chile in 1996, but never lived up to the hype.

Does anyone remember Youssouf Hersi? He was an Ajax youth player, went on to be a world class beater in all my games. Not sure which version of CM it was though..

Tonton Zola Moukoko. Pawel Brozek. Both so good. Adrian Mihalcea, Florentin Petre, that Finnish dude who plays in the Liverpool setup atm.

Robbie Keane, best striker in CM3, used to score 115 goals a season in the Dutch eredivisie for me ^^.

Some non-existing: To Madeira :D, Peter Prospar.

edit: Maxim Tsigalko.

Help me out lads, there was a striker or advanced playmaker from Brasil in either FM09 or FM10, I think he was called Marquinhos. Absolute Wonderkid and a World Class Player later on in the game. Never heard of him again.

Also Henri Saivet, a huge disappointment form that FM.

Kennedy Bakircioglu and Kim Kallstrom from earlier releases of FM.

He would've been in his early 20s at the time, but could be Hans Blomqvist. I don't remember what he was like in CM, but he was a fantastic dribbler in real life, great player to watch. Had massive injury problems though that caused an early retirement.

I think that was the Bloomqvist I was referring to. As far as my memory serves, he came from the Swedish League back in CM98 or 99 not sure. I didn't know much about his irl accomplishments.

Jesper Blomqivst, not Hans. Great dribbler, but very injury-prone.

Peter Prospar and Maxym Tsyhalko are both real. Just overrated in FM.

Help me out lads, there was a striker or advanced playmaker from Brasil in either FM09 or FM10, I think he was called Marquinhos. Absolute Wonderkid and a World Class Player later on in the game. Never heard of him again.

Yep, I know the exact player. He was great for me and ended up playing for (my) England as Brazil constantly ignored him :D

Miro Baldo Bento - had him in my PSG team on Cm 99/00 - played for Indonesia but on looking on Wiki he joined the Timor-Leste National team on 2005 when gaining independence from Indonesia

I'll mention some players from my saves, in addition of those already posted here. So, the list begins like this :

Mats Rits - belgian wonderkid, currently at Mechelen, i hope somebody remembers him :))

Mario Ticinovic

Andrej Kramaric - he still has time to prove us wrong, scores regularly in Croatia as seen on wikipedia, but not enough to be at a top team

Danijel Aleksic

Chris Gadi

Tevfik Kose

Eugen Polanski - although he played for some decent teams, in FM was a beast at some time

Rodney Sneijder

Artem Milevskyi ?

Marco Ezio Fossati

Geoffrey Castillon

Alberto Bueno

Javier Portillo

Patrick Ebert

Guillermo Ochoa ?

Omar Esparza

Patricio Araujo

Edgar Andrade - although it was a horrific injury that stopped his progress, i always signed him up along with Esparza and Araujo

And there are many more but these come to mind now ...

Also to some extent i'll say Ricardo Quaresma and Valeri Bojinov.

I remember a Swedish kid who turned into a world beater in cm98 (I think) in the name of Bloomqvist or something like that, I mean no overhyped wonderkid ever gave me the chills like he did! I'm not sure if he even existed in real life lol.

To me this makes me think of Alexander Farnerud, who was a must buy in one of the games, cheap wonderkid who could play across every attacking position

Mats Rits - belgian wonderkid, currently at Mechelen, i hope somebody remembers him :))

I do he was good for me on FM10

I'll mention some players from my saves, in addition of those already posted here. So, the list begins like this :

Mario Ticinovic

Andrej Kramaric - he still has time to prove us wrong, scores regularly in Croatia as seen on wikipedia, but not enough to be at a top team

Danijel Aleksic

Chris Gadi

Tevfik Kose

Eugen Polanski - although he played for some decent teams, in FM was a beast at some time

Rodney Sneijder

Artem Milevskyi ?

Marco Ezio Fossati

Geoffrey Castillon

Alberto Bueno

Javier Portillo

Patrick Ebert

Guillermo Ochoa ?

Omar Esparza

Patricio Araujo

Edgar Andrade - although it was a horrific injury that stopped his progress, i always signed him up along with Esparza and Araujo

And there are many more but these come to mind now ...

Also to some extent i'll say Ricardo Quaresma and Valeri Bojinov.

Rodney Sneijder lol, he could've gone to Real when he was 17 yo when Wesley played there. Everyone expected him to become just as good. Hasn't worked out at all.

Charles-André Doudin

Was winning CLs with him as AMC.. IRL never been higher than 2nd tier of swiss pyramid, currently playing in the 4th tier with Xamax.

Forgot about John Fleck, he was immense for me in FM09 or 10 if i remember correctly, signed him up at all teams where i was manager, IRL he was touted as the new Wayne Rooney, but he didnt leave up to expectations.

Frederico Laurito

Sebastian Zuniga

Libis Arena

Christian Benevente

FM07 wonderkit !

Guillermo Ochoa ?

Guillermo Ochoa is probably the best keeper in Ligue 1 currently, with rumors of him moving to a big club.

He single handedly held PSG to a draw earlier this year

Stefan Selakovic from about 2001 (actually, I think it might have been more like 98). Turned into a demon of a goal-scoring winger but in real life never quite made it in the Netherlands and went back to Sweden.

Anatoli Todorov of Litex Lovech was an absolute god in CM 03/04.

An out of date Wiki page says that he was playing in the Bulgarian second tier a couple of years ago :(

He was god !

Another one is Neal Lamptey (anderlecht) and Prospar :)

Anyone remember Lulinha? AMC from Brazil, he plays in the Brazilian 2nd division nowadays but what a star he was in the game with FM 08/09/10 can't remember him either before or after... Someone mentioned Marquinhos I think he had a stint in Ukraine at Kiev not too sure though but talk about not living up to your hype :D

Lulinha and that Fiorentina massive hench striker who I have forgotten their name!

* Khouma Babacar, although I guess he is only 19 now, so he could still be making his way up

That Marquinhos guy was amazing. With Juve, he was sooo class.

The defender who currently plays for PSG?

Lauri de la valle,

keirisson,

anthony vanden borre,

eric nevland,

Kerlon,

niclas alexandersson,

todorov,

carlos vela

a few it could happen to soon -

Alex smithies

jack butland,

jean marie dongou,

carlos fierro,

rafa toloi,

Anastios Skalidis!!!! He was god on cm 01/02!!!! Only second behind the forementioned Moukoko.

Watch the video!!

although not complete obscurity i remember Alessio Cerci and Razvan Rat being must have signings , along with several already mentioned such as Farnerud and Van den Borre.

I remember discovering Fernando Torres as a youngster on FM/CM and following his career, so as a liverpool fan it was great when we eventually signed him (off topic a bit i know )