Sports Interactive Community
tottenhamfmo7

Transfer Deadline Day - Sponsored by Football Manager 2014

Good to know they're putting our hard earned cash to good use & using it to further develop the game...

Good to know they're putting our hard earned cash to good use & using it to further develop the game...

It's called "marketing". The budget for this won't be included with the development budget.

True its your hard earned cash and you choose to spend it where you wish.

Some might consider that investment in marketing = increased sales = more profit = cheaper unit price / more money to invest in development.

Out of interest what brand of beer / lager do you drink? You noticed what advertising they are spending your hard earned cash on?

Worth think about isn't it :D

Putting an ad on the transfer deadline day show is preaching to the converted. Waste of money IMO.

It was such a disappointing deadline day, I wouldn't have wasted my money sponsoring it!!!

How did you measure the value of the advertising? This might be a key factor in deciding how successful it was.

Its probably quite a hard thing to do.

Qwerty - that assumes everyone who watches the transfer deadline show already are aware of FM and football management simulations. It would be interesting to understand purchase demographics regarding age, whether new or existing FM gamers, whether ex FM gamers are returning etc

Advertising is a funny thing - I wonder if Carling, Barclays, Coca Cola, Nationwide etc make money from their investment on football league sponsorship or if its just earnt in bragging rights, kudos, increased market presence etc

One for Miles to answer perhaps

Putting an ad on the transfer deadline day show is preaching to the converted. Waste of money IMO.

It's advertising a football manager game to football fans who might or might not have the game. Football fans are exactly the right people to advertise to!

In addition to the few football fans that will go out & buy the game after seeing this advertisement, visibility is a very important factor for companies when it comes to marketing and sponsorship, therefore ads like these can be invaluable. I've been searching for sponsors for my futsal team for a couple of months now myself, the first thing any possible sponsor asks is "yeah, but exactly how many people will be attending your games and how visible will we as a company be in your team".

the ad itself may not generate immediate bucket loads of cash, but think about the possible sponsorship deals you could get, simply because you sponsor transfer deadline day. For possible sponsors it could mean greater exposure, increasing potential customers etc.

Marketing-wise it's a very good call to have done this, imo.

It was such a disappointing deadline day, I wouldn't have wasted my money sponsoring it!!!

Ozil to Arsenal

Not disappointing at all