Feeder Club

Has anyone being able to successfully suggest a Feeder club to the board? meaning you went to the board, said you would like to have a new feeder club, they allow you to suggest a team, since you have been in charge for a long time, and they make a link with this club you suggest.

While at Torino, I suggested to build a link with Sassuolo, then with Frossione and with some czech club (Brno). Sassuolo and Frossione were rejected, with no reason.

Brno was not accepted nor rejected, but they came back with a list, which included Belgrade Red Star (which I suggested to make the link with), and some Greek 2nd division team.

I can understand that the board didn't make an agreement with Brno, but I was looking for a czech team, I was not expecting to get an agreement with Sparta Prague of Slavia Prague, but something like Banik Ostrava

Then while managing Boca Juniors, I asked for a feeder club, I suggested to make a link with uruguayan side Peñarol, again I got a list back, with a paraguayan and 2 ecuadorian teams. Again, I would have been really happy if instead of Peñarol, I had Danubio or Racing or Liverpool (no, not Nacional, under no means Nacional)

I have managed it in the past yes. It can be hit and miss. At the moment I've just started a new game with Northampton and the board are dead against having a parent club. they reckon it will cost too much!!!

Archived