FM14 - What club will you start with and why?

I know its early doors yet, but Im thinking of starting unemployed - will be interesting to go to a few job interviews as I doubt if you pick a team you will be interviewed for the job first before they accept you

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually start with a nice easy job at Man United to get my eye in, before then tackling a long-term game at Welling United.

The others that interest me this year are:

- Aston Villa. The likes of Benteke, Lowton, Weimann, Westwood etc will all be improved. Good young additions in Luna and Okore.

- Southampton. Wanyama, Lovren and Osvaldo - phwoar. Plus the young talents like Shaw and Ward-Prowse.

- Wolves. Sleeping giant in League 1.

- Spurs. In all likelihood going to lose Bale, but Willian, Soldado, Chadli, Capoue and Paulinho makes for a very exciting team.

Always start with my beloved Man United, will be having a long-term save with them.

Tottenham have a really exciting team as usual, regardless if they hold onto Bale or not, Wolves could be a fun save too to try and get them back into the Premiership and into Europe.

On my main save I have decided to try and take my country Australia to World Cup glory in a long term save. I will manage various club teams in Australia at the same time to try and build up youth facilities and develop any good talent.

I'm considering managing Inter Milan or Bayern on the beta to get used to the game

As always I'll play a short-term save with Liverpool to get the hang of things, then I'll start over again with Liverpool :). I barrack for them, so that's what I like to do.

After I get bored of winning I'll start a new save as unemployed with the lowest reputation and see if I can work my way up to my dream job of managing Liverpool :) - with Llama rules of course.

I'm not sure what to do with FM14. FM13 was the first edition I got on release day when I was really into it - FM12 I arrived late to the party thanks to FML's demise.

On 13 I started my long term challenge on release day, going for the tetradecagon. I kept the same save up for over a hundred years, only recently putting it out to pasture. I'm very tempted to do exactly the same for FM14, but I'm thinking it might be a better idea to have a play around save first. If so, it'll be with the mighty Jags, Partick Thistle. First time in the SPL for a long time and making waves currently in real life. I'm also a season ticket holder.

Manchester United, my favourite team in the UK.. just to get used to the new features..

Most of the time i start with a save with them and i finish my game with them.. like now i'm playing with them again, untill new FM is out.

I will start my first save as Liverpool. I support them but haven't played a save as them for a fair few years now. Alongside that, I will do some sort of career but I'm not sure what yet.

I think i'll start with my favourite team from EPL , Liverpool ... or with Tottenham, as i like them also, really exciting squad, in FM 13 i managed to win the title with them from the first season and went on to be a long save, really enjoyed it.

Unemployed with Sunday League reputation as i normally do.

Hopefully that one save will be my only save as i normally do.

Exactly what I'll be doing, but I like to wait for the first wave of available jobs to be filled so all the jobs that are going are as a result of the in game mechanics.

Chester or Bromley. I like their crest lol.

Or a Random team. Im actually a Borussia Dortmund Fan but never manage them in FM >.< And no, I didn't start to like them this year, actually been a fan of them since 2007-08 when I started to watch Gol Tv lol

Exactly what I'll be doing, but I like to wait for the first wave of available jobs to be filled so all the jobs that are going are as a result of the in game mechanics.

That is actually a good idea. It is a bit tiresome being offered exactly the same jobs over and over again.

Thank you for that tip. I might do the same :thup:

Always West Ham as I'm a supporter. After a while I do try some other teams but struggle to get into them, its just not the same. In the distant past have had the odd good save with other teams (I recall an awesome Marco Delvecchio on a Chelsea save many years ago) but generally speaking its always Claret and Blue.

Manchester United. For once I can start a game managing my club without having to kick Fergie out of the hot seat.

After that, a crazy Sunday League rep unemployed odyssey across as many leagues as possible...

Manchester United. For once I can start a game managing my club without having to kick Fergie out of the hot seat.

Same here, now we get to kick Moyes out before he managed a single game. :lol:

Archived