FM14 Comes to PLAYSTATION VITA - Play Home and Away - OUT NOW!

Nik33 : by changing the database, I mean to swap the teams in a league or to transfer players from teams.

Could you please also tell me which french leagues can we play?

Thanks a lot

No, as RTHerringbone said, there's no editor for FMC.

As for the available french leagues, you can even play with the French CFA loaded.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you prefer FMC to the full version? I pre ordered in HMV yesterday, but the girl serving me said she was undecided about it because it lacks so many of the full game options, other customers came over so we didn't get to finish the conversation. I've played the handheld version in the last few years, so I know the game will be a big step up from that, do you feel like you're missing out on FMC or ddo you still get the best bits?

Do you prefer FMC to the full version?

Personally, I prefer FMC. I do slightly miss some elements of the Simulation Mode - the Analysis Tab, control over PPMs and elements of training in general, but those downsides are more than offset by the massive reduction in media nonsense. Tactically, it is "complete", and that is the key for me, along with the speed at which you can progress. I won't go back to the "full" Simulation Mode again.

Miles has tweeted a link to a video of the Vita FMC ME in action:

Miles Jacobson ‏@milesSI 5m

Want to see Football Manager Classic's match engine in action on Vita?

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/09/new-football-manager-classic-2014-video-shows-3d-match-engine/

What was interesting there, for me, is besides the 3D engine, the 2d layout is actually an improvement on the PC, clearer to see which direction your players are facing and turning.

Do you prefer FMC to the full version? I pre ordered in HMV yesterday, but the girl serving me said she was undecided about it because it lacks so many of the full game options, other customers came over so we didn't get to finish the conversation. I've played the handheld version in the last few years, so I know the game will be a big step up from that, do you feel like you're missing out on FMC or ddo you still get the best bits?

A girl FM'er? If you're not married, you HAVE to go and ask her out.

Hello guys, can anyone tell me if the uk version is multilanguage? I'm not going to buy the game here in Italy because it is more expensive, but if the uk version comes with the italian language, I order it from uk at once.

Thank you

Hello guys, can anyone tell me if the uk version is multilanguage? I'm not going to buy the game here in Italy because it is more expensive, but if the uk version comes with the italian language, I order it from uk at once.

Thank you

If your Vita is set to Italian language, the game will boot in Italian :)

When we know more, we will share it.

It has a different process to go through to the European version.

I know it has a different process but why we have anything so far? 14 days already since Europe announcement.

For example, Soul Sacrifice, the PS Vita game that came out last year, was released March 7 in Japan and April 30 in US. But the US release date was confirmed 3 months earlier by Sony itself. And now for FMC Vita, Sony sayed nothing about it and we only get is "when we know more, we will share it" from SI.

IDK but based on Soul Sacrifice example, about 2 months after initial release, we will get it during the World Cup.

Will it be available on the psn store on Friday?

I asked Miles at the weekend would it be on PSN this Friday and he said he didn't know. I think the fact that its not currently on the PS Store for pre-order and also that the console bundle (with digital download) isn't out until next weekend suggests it won't make it for Friday. Copies arrived in my store today, ready for Friday, so I'll just pick up one of them. It's such a shame though that it doesn't have online multiplier.

I

IDK but based on Soul Sacrifice example, about 2 months after initial release, we will get it during the World Cup.

I have a US PSN account also. I leave for my yearly work trip to Europe (20+ hours of flying) on the 29th of May. If it comes out before then i'll grab it. If not, I'll wait for next years version.

Unless I can buy the Australian version and play it (which I know I can) but I'm worried about patches etc. Will they still download if I'm on US PSN?

I have a US PSN account also. I leave for my yearly work trip to Europe (20+ hours of flying) on the 29th of May. If it comes out before then i'll grab it. If not, I'll wait for next years version.

Unless I can buy the Australian version and play it (which I know I can) but I'm worried about patches etc. Will they still download if I'm on US PSN?

Patches, yes. DLC, no.

PS Vita games are region free, but DLC are locked by region.

I can only import it, but i will not do so because of taxes. The game costs £25 at shopto right now, I have to pay around £70 to import. That's why I keep asking info about US release =/

Otherwise I have to swap US <> EU account everytime...

A girl FM'er? If you're not married, you HAVE to go and ask her out.
I have a girlfriend (who unfortunately isn't a fan of football) I suspect though, as you eluded to, the young lady may have quite a few guys asking her out when they discover that she's an FM fan.

If your Vita is set to Italian language, the game will boot in Italian :)

I have a question, although a bit more difficult so I suspect I won't be getting an answer. I still have to ask: are all versions of FMC multilanguage? I am asking because currently I live in Russia and the game here will obviously be translated. I don't know if I should buy it, because I have no idea will it be possible to change the language to English.

I have a question, although a bit more difficult so I suspect I won't be getting an answer. I still have to ask: are all versions of FMC multilanguage? I am asking because currently I live in Russia and the game here will obviously be translated. I don't know if I should buy it, because I have no idea will it be possible to change the language to English.
You might be better off asking miles on Twitter, he'll have a definite answer his handle is @milesSI

So, I have an FMC game on the go on my laptop, how do I continue that on the Vita? Do I need to do anything different?

Was the laptop save started with the 3 nation limit intact, and the Cross-Save functionality not disabled?

If so, I guess you just need to click the new option on the FM Start Screen that appeared if you updated to 14.3.1 yesterday.

That presumably uploads the save to the Cloud, and you can then configure your Vita FMC to pick up that Cloud Save?

Apologies for all the guesswork, but I assume that's how it works. I'm not sure if the servers the saves are uploaded to are "on" yet.

Any official confirmation about all this would be appreciated!

Don't know about anyone else but i got a Vita just for this pretty much. Cannot wait to get my hands on it. I only play FMC on PC now anyways.

Waiting for reviews to go up if any.....

There's one in Dutch upto now.

Edit; apologies for double post

As much as I say I wouldnt get a vita hence the game right now but it will be interesting to see all feedback, really for console aswell let alone the game as I know about the game but certainly something has to be different on PSV compared to PC.

Mainly though its things like battery power, speed, not using a mouse etc etc etc.

Also is the whole steam thing still needed with vita and therefore what are all the online/wi fi bits and bobs like when your out and about (not just for fmc purposes)

Thats the next interesting debate for me.

As much as I say I wouldnt get a vita hence the game right now but it will be interesting to see all feedback, really for console aswell let alone the game as I know about the game but certainly something has to be different on PSV compared to PC.

There will be a specific Vita FMC feedback thread started in the FMC sub-forum when the game is "officially" out.

Like you, I'll be interested to learn about the Vita itself, and the game. I suspect quite a few people will buy a Vita just for FMC.

I'm very tempted, but want to read a bit about it first. Starting with reviews of the game interface, which surely must be available to read soon? I know there was a review embargo in place, but surely it helps to market the game and shape peoples' opinions if reviews are readable in advance of a game launch?

Maybe a stupid question, but one I'll be pondering about for years to come if I don't ask it;

Does FMC use a pure newgen system or are there regens as well?

What is the difference between a newgen and a regen?

FM spawns newgens, but some people call them regens. I'm not aware of there being two separate new player entities.

A regen is literally a regenerated player (the FMH system, eg Del Pierro returning in a younger form), while newgens are completely new players (not based on any already existing player).

I've never seen a "regen" in FM (i.e. anything outside FMH). You get newgen players who "Could be the next Del Piero", but it won't be Del Piero himself.

Regens existed in older CM/FM games.

For a long time now, FM has been using Newgens. We can sync the Vita and PC versions, so there's no reason why the PC and Vita versions won't be the same.

Mr.Aaron Armstrong (or anyone for that matter) can you please answer my previous questions about how I can acquire the game from Japan? Sorry Im a complete Vita/PS noob. Cheers!

Vita games are region free so no reason it wouldn't work on a Japanese Vita.

Russia will have the same version as the rest of Europe - this is multi-language, including English.

The game will boot in the language you have your Vita set to.

So, I have an FMC game on the go on my laptop, how do I continue that on the Vita? Do I need to do anything different?

When you save the game on PC, use Save As. On the dialog that pops up, there's a button near the top labelled 'Cloud'. Select that and save your game. Then quit FM and wait a few minutes for Steam to sync your game to the cloud.

Then on Vita, there's a 'Sync PS Vita system Cross-Save' option - use this and your cloud files will be displayed and ready to download. The first time you do this, you'll be prompted to log into Steam so it knows which user's cloud to look for.

On Vita, you save the game as normal. Then use the 'Sync PS Vita system Cross-Save' option to upload your save to the cloud. Then boot FM PC and click 'Load PS Vita system Cross-Save'. Your Vita games will display here.

Maybe a stupid question, but one I'll be pondering about for years to come if I don't ask it;

Does FMC use a pure newgen system or are there regens as well?

It's exactly the same newgen system as standard FM.

Don't know about anyone else but i got a Vita just for this pretty much. Cannot wait to get my hands on it. I only play FMC on PC now anyways.

Waiting for reviews to go up if any.....

I did the exact same, bought a vita from Amazon on Monday, and FMC is the only game I plan to buy

Just came back from lunch ...with FMC 14 vita :) !! I'll have to wait til the end of the day, after work, to check it. I've also saw the german review. They give it 8/10. Can't find any other review ... I know that i'll see by myself later but if some one got the game and played it already: how does it feel ?

Just came through the letterbox!

I have had 30 minutes with this and so far I must say I am VERY impressed. The interface, which I had initial concerns with, really does work. It almost in a strange way feels like FMC was made for the PS Vita.

First impressions brilliant.

Thx for this quick feedback Shauny1990 .... now i'm jealous :) !!!!

The german review talk about some freezing, long time loading... did you feel those ?

Can't say I did no? Although saying that my Vita is a recently new formatted one with FMC14 only loaded onto it.

Archived