FM14 Comes to PLAYSTATION VITA - Play Home and Away - OUT NOW!

The following is from the metro Games Inbox:

GC: We haven’t heard anything new at all. Considering how late it is we suspect either they are waiting for Football Manager 2015, or they’re just quietly dropping support for PS Vita.

Source: http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/24/games-inbox-tomb-raider-puzzles-football-manager-vita-and-hot-topic-part-3-4316753/

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact of the matter is, if they would simply say, what is very obviously the case(there will be no FM Vita 2014) or we ran into unexpected issues or hell We missed our cross marketing window so were gonna wait til next year... No matter how frustrating any of the (at this point) most likely answers are to be, Letting us sit and wait with antipathy towards all of their loyal fans who simply want to BUY THEIR PRODUCT is the worst PR move of all.. No one would be pissed off if it came out that you wanted to do it next year, or hell get good PR saying you wanted to make it up to the quality standards of SI.. Do something.. There is a reason there is a whole industry built over gaming news... There is no need to alienate your fan base because someone can't be spared to spend 15 minutes on the forum writing some sort of explanation.

The fact of the matter is, if they would simply say, what is very obviously the case(there will be no FM Vita 2014) or we ran into unexpected issues or hell We missed our cross marketing window so were gonna wait til next year... No matter how frustrating any of the (at this point) most likely answers are to be, Letting us sit and wait with antipathy towards all of their loyal fans who simply want to BUY THEIR PRODUCT is the worst PR move of all.. No one would be pissed off if it came out that you wanted to do it next year, or hell get good PR saying you wanted to make it up to the quality standards of SI.. Do something.. There is a reason there is a whole industry built over gaming news... There is no need to alienate your fan base because someone can't be spared to spend 15 minutes on the forum writing some sort of explanation.

+1 The most important thing I learned working as a team leader in a customer service is a simple one "Keep your (potential) customers informed".

Sometimes the reason for the delay can have a positive spin on the situation, I have bought a lot of games that had a developer blog (banished for example). Which not only made me more forgiving for delays and bugs, but also more motivated to evangelize this amazing product.

As someone who is convincing people to play this game since 99/00, I feel that I'm becoming less a fan and more a customer due to unexplained decisions (Unexplained decisions are often percieved as bad ones).

• Administrators

There's been no further announcement as there's still nothing to announce I'm afraid. We're still working on the title but the release date is still to be confirmed. Thanks.

There's no need for this type of post. You wanted an update, you got one. The game is still being developed! Isn't that good news?

I think most people are just a bit frustrated at the small amounts of information we get. It is great that Neil has confirmed the game is in development but maybe we could get a little more than that (i.e. FMC 14 will be released or the way things are looking we are concentrating on getting FMC 15 released etc.).

I have been really excited about the prospect of this game and will buy it regardless of when it comes out but some sort of indication would be much appreciated :)

I think most people are just a bit frustrated at the small amounts of information we get. It is great that Neil has confirmed the game is in development but maybe we could get a little more than that (i.e. FMC 14 will be released or the way things are looking we are concentrating on getting FMC 15 released etc.).

I have been really excited about the prospect of this game and will buy it regardless of when it comes out but some sort of indication would be much appreciated :)

I am looking forward to this as well.

If they could give more info, they would have. We just need to be patient.

It would but to be honest I'm just happy we've had something official advising the game is still in development. Given that many were treating the silence as proof the game had been canned it's nice we've had something to the contrary.

There's been no further announcement as there's still nothing to announce I'm afraid. We're still working on the title but the release date is still to be confirmed. Thanks.

Certainly goes against the saying of no news is good news, in this case it really is no news = bad news.

It would but to be honest I'm just happy we've had something official advising the game is still in development. Given that many were treating the silence as proof the game had been canned it's nice we've had something to the contrary.

Aye, at least it's a sign that things are going ahead.

We are about to hit 7 months since the game were annoucement. The game were released on every other plataform and another season is comming.

Something went wrong and SI is not sharing with us, Vita owners who wants the title.

Just forget about FC Classic 2014 PS Vita, it's like waiting for FF Type-0 Enlgish translation: not gonna happen!

Miles' Twitter post just now: I'm happy to be able to announce that Football Manager Classic is released on Vita in April. More details next week from @FootballManager

Must have missed that in my feed. Awesome news and will start saving my pennies now :)

Good to have some official news at last. Now I need to justify spending whatever a Vita costs to play even more FM.....

Bought mine 2nd hand and it's as new, just a thought.

Probably got it off someone fed up of waiting for FMC :)

Heh, perhaps ;) Still loving it as a platform and it means I get to play Wipeout on the go, add FM soon and I'll be happy.

Tbh, FM will probably become my fave Vita game(I downloaded CM 2007 the other day, and it wasn't near the quality, felt awkward),but it has quite the impressive collection of games, and of course, all the PSX classics.

Gotta love PS+ I've only bought 1 game for my Vita and that was a cheap fifa game for my son. Can't wait for FMC now as I think this will allow me to actually play more than a season. Also my Laptop just broke as well. Can't afford a new one for while.

Miles on Twitter:

For those awaiting #FMC Vita news, such as the release date & screenshots, it'll be mid this week- apologies for the delay @FootballManager

That's something then because I sent Miles and FM a tweet about this - no reply

That's something then because I sent Miles and FM a tweet about this - no reply

He tweeted about it this morning, 5 hours ago. It's still there, so you can go look for yourself.

Is it even worth buying this game? Miles told someone this morning on Twitter that there are no definite plans to make another football manager game for the vita, which means the one that's coming out will be outdated again in 10 weeks, and the fact that there are no solid plans for fm 14/15 means even if it is produced it probably won't be out until after next year's January transfer window, it's disappointing, but I think I'll be giving it a miss.

Is it even worth buying this game? Miles told someone this morning on Twitter that there are no definite plans to make another football manager game for the vita, which means the one that's coming out will be outdated again in 10 weeks, and the fact that there are no solid plans for fm 14/15 means even if it is produced it probably won't be out until after next year's January transfer window, it's disappointing, but I think I'll be giving it a miss.

Mildly concerning but likely it's a fence sitting position as SI may want to see how sales go but it could also be a reflection on what, if any, issues have arisen during FM:Vita's development.

That's exactly why I said earlier in the thread that it would be absolutely stupid to release the game now. The game will sell badly so they won't be able to justify the time & resources on future releases as they'll wrongly assume that people simply didn't want the game on Vita. The Vita game series is dead before it even hits the shelves. It's as simple as that.

Should have just released a Vita version to coincide with FM 2015 guys...

That's exactly why I said earlier in the thread that it would be absolutely stupid to release the game now. The game will sell badly so they won't be able to justify the time & resources on future releases as they'll wrongly assume that people simply didn't want the game on Vita. The Vita game series is dead before it even hits the shelves. It's as simple as that.

Should have just released a Vita version to coincide with FM 2015 guys...

Very true. Similar to FMlive, they brought it out but didn't advertise it properly, therefore sales were low and they assumed nobody wanted to play it. When in truth noone knew about it. It was a great game. As you said with this vita version, sales will be low and they will not continue due to that.

Can't wait for more info to come out!

Regarding the 'unnecessary' comment being removed - considering this is an SI run forum, and the user I quoted posted something blatantly untrue, and damaging, should their comment not have been removed as unnecessary as well? Seems a bit double standards.

Archived