FM14 Comes to PLAYSTATION VITA - Play Home and Away - OUT NOW!

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you own Football Manager™ 2014 on PC, Mac or Linux, you can continue your career on the move by playing the game on PlayStation®Vita. By using Cross-Save functionality, you can download your saved game from the Steam cloud and play on in Classic Mode. Please note, this is only possible if the game has only one manager and only three nations loaded.

Taken from the online manual.

Question to SI. Will there be a demo for the PS Vita? Oh and a release date would be nice.

Thanks for bringing this game to the PS Vita.

For all you Football Manager fans you should check out Sakatsuku: Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou! (PS3 and PS Vita). It may be in Japanese but with a little help from google translate and you'll be fine. Impressive on PS Vita.

There's no excuse for not giving us info on the Vita version now that FM 14 is out for the PC. Unless they've just got one poor chap working on the PC version, Vita version, technical support, and answering forum questions!

Yes, this exactly! Can we at least get some kind of response, SI (anything at this point would be welcome)?

I think, to be fair, they're likely dedicating some time to sorting the current issues the PC game is having. I'd also hazard a guess that by fixing them on the PC version would mean we're likely to be spared them on the Vita. Just my ¢2 on the situation; but yes it'd be nice to have some clarification.

I think, to be fair, they're likely dedicating some time to sorting the current issues the PC games is having. I'd also hazard a guess that by fixing them on the PC version would mean we're likely to be spared then on the Vita. Just my ¢2 on the situation; but yes it's be nice to have some clarification.

Excellent points, all around. Like a good football manager, you have calmed this anxious/nervous player!;)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I want news! I'm £139 down & all I got it for was this. I did tweet Miles this

@milesSI @FootballManager Please reassure me FM14 is coming out on the PS Vita. Just forked out for it just to play FM14. #FM14 #PSVita

The reply was

@Scotcher1985 @FootballManager it is - but we don't have a date yet.

Not really cleared up when it will be out though!!

I'm starting to think they should have released the vita version next year. Unless it miraculously appears in the next few weeks it's likely to be halfway through the season when we can finally get it (which is never good for a football game). Don't get me wrong a version of FM was one of the first things I thought of when the vita was announced and I applaud SI for making it - but by announcing the game this year when it clearly wasn't anywhere near ready is frustrating for fans and could result in a flawed product if SI are pressured into releasing the game quickly. Just my 2 cents...

Ok the game Will be released after christmas. But why you don't say us this? I would you like game for christmas because i want to gift it to my son but please say us if the game officially Will be released after christmas, thanks

I'm still interested in the Vita version but since the initial announcement and the sheer lack of news since, I'm losing interest rapidly. Especially as the season goes on.

I also recently got rid of my Nexus 7 and Ipad and bought a Surface Pro. Now I have the full fat FM experience on the go and it plays like a dream, thanks to the cloud I can continue my game on my desktop, laptop or Surface Pro now. Further reducing my interest in the Vita version.

If I were SI and the game took a little longer to sort that first thought and I had a choice between releasing it now or after the January transfers I'd go the latter; but that's just me. In the end I do think FMH for Vita will be released and it's possible that some lessons have been learned along the way. I'm remaining ever hopeful and will look forward to any official announcement as and when Miles can make one.

It would of been nice if Si let there customers know whats going on & why it's been delayed. Just the right thing to do. I stupidly thought it would be out before Christmas & I forked out for a Ps Vita. Just sitting covered in dust now. Do the decent thing Si & let us know whats going on!??

Zaavi.com says March 7th release:

http://www.zavvi.com/games-ps-vita/football-manager-2014/10847089.html

Could be made up though.

I can kind of understand the delays, SI handed off development for Vita to an outside team, and that always takes longer to complete, plus Sony is notorious for the long process needed on their end.

Just hope now that they can get a good base game completed for Vita now, and refine and enhance it so we can get a quality Vita version in the fall for next season.

I'll keep playing the iOS version in the meantime.

• Administrators

We haven't announced a release date yet, because we haven't decided yet. So that date (or any posted online until we have made an official announcement) are made up.

And of course my previous comment regarding this embarrassment doesn't get published. I'm not the most negative, easily-disgruntled person around but in this case feel pretty misled by SI. I wonder if they realize that operating this way is causing them to lose many customers.

"Look out for more information, including release date coming soon. " Um no. All we've gotten are non-committal answers or comments denying supposed release dates. I'm only going to grudgingly going to buy FM14 Vita because I don't want to waste the money I spent on the Vita which is currently gathering dust.

Please understand our frustration. This game was announced a long time ago and we still have nothing about the details of the game. We don't even know if it will be exactly like the crappy iOS version or classic version for the PC. Since it's taking so long I'm assuming its like the classic version of the PC. Don't get me wrong, I can wait, but without any details of the game, waiting becomes a little harder. Also, it's already half into the European season and there's no release date in sight. You have to understand, our frustration. Personally I'm anxious for the simple fact that I love this game, and it was announced it would be release for the Vita, I went out and got one. I thoroughly enjoyed the PSP version and if you make slightly better than that, then it will be fine. Anyways, enough for my ramblings, how about you feed us some scraps so the waiting could be easier. THanks.

We don't even know if it will be exactly like the crappy iOS version or classic version for the PC. Since it's taking so long I'm assuming its like the classic version of the PC.

Yes, we do. They clearly stated when they announced it it was going to be the FMC.

• Administrators

This is simply not true. Football Manager Classic 2014 for Vita is still very much in the pipeline and we are working hard to get it finished. We don't have a definite release date as yet, but we will announce it as soon as we do.

I was told this weekend by an area manager in game that the vita version has been cancelled and they are no longer pre- selling the game , SI need to grow some and tell the truth

:lol:

Yup, that must be true. A guy in game said so. Sounds legit.

Archived