Should SI create their own real time editor?

Should SI create their own RTE?  

435 members have voted

1. 1. Should SI create their own RTE?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's no secret that a big amount of people use it, so might as well have a reliable one with 100% coherence with a save file and no chance of file corruption. In theory it seems like a win win situation. (except for that "certain product" which will lose its popularity.)

I think they should if it can be more stable than the other editors that are out there. I don't use them any more but I have no problem with people that do so I think it'd be a bonus to many people if there was a stable decent SI made real time editor out there. In my opinion it'd need something that stops it being used in online games or informs the other players that a user has used it.

Yes, SI should release their own RTE. I can't play FM (I exclusively play in MLS) without the ability to edit players made available for the draft (a two hour process at the end of each season!) as the game still hasn't figured out how to make newgens into viable players, by and large. Even a lower PA player should be able to serve a specific role on a club, but I'd venture that at least 75% of the 130 or so players each year are completely worthless to an MLS team, even as back-ups/reserve players.

It's also a great deal of fun to check back in with players that you've sold a few years prior to see what their potential truly was, and whether or not you missed out on a potential star.

Oh, and that says nothing of the fact that an RTE also allows you fix bugs/errors that somehow slipped through the cracks, such as when my club was having to pay a yearly fee to their own youth squad!

Think it'd be great, often use the other tool as a means of seeing how the game works for my own ends, seeing what effects certain mental traits have etc.

There's also a sense of frustration that you're 'locked' into a game once it's started and underway. Any data oversights or errors can't be fixed and some static values such as the quality of the nations newgens can't be edited, so your game isn't truly fluid.

SI already provide an editor so people can "cheat" anyway :D

Are there any plans on expanding on that one as well? A big part of changes causes the game to crush on itself 10-15 seasons in. :(

For example,I once changed the hometowns of the whole swedish structure and scattered them throughout the world. This way their regens would have different natonalities. By 2020 the save file got to a crushing point from such a basic change.

It would undermine their existing DLC model. As a result, my answer is "only if it is profitable and stable".

I don't care for the current DLC and I wouldn't care for an RTE, so I'd rather SI do whatever benefits them better, because that will result in more money for the game.

Another good question would be: Should some of the FMC micro-transactions make it to the full game.

Obviously, not the ones about the transfer window or loan restrictions, but the "son generation" and "new stadium" ones could make their way into the full game. I bet there can be suggestions for other micro-transactions that can be implemented without disturbing the balance of the full mode.

I'm fairly certain that implementing the "son generation" to the full mode would bring on a considerable amount of profit.

Just to add some information, it was 5 years ago now that I did a lot of research to try and determine how popular it (the other beast:)) was.

I checked all the websites I could find that provided it and gave up counting download totals when I reached 150,000, believe me they'd have no trouble selling it.

I'd say yes, so long as it's restricted to the full game only. Allowing it in Classic undermines their micro-transaction model, and allowing it in challenges is just stupid.

Personally, I'd be happy to pay a one-time fee of maybe £2-5 for it, depending on how good it was. Though I wouldn't use it to cheat, it'd be more than useful for temp fixing some minor bugs on the fly, which I find very important.

I'd prefer they allowed more changes in the pre game editor first, and maybe a "custom league wizard" thing where you could just set up the rules, pick the teams (through a wizard not manually), and go through a game of questions and answers to work out promotions, relegations, prizes and so forth with "auto complete" options that'd use what you filled in to fill in other boxes. For instance if you had a prize for first, second, third, fourth and twentieth, it'd use 4th and 20th to work out all of the in betweens. And teams imported into a league would have their reserve teams brought with them and the like.

People regularly make no player databases, released player databases and custom leagues. Why not make it easy and intuitive to make them?

I'd rather they had a running db update, released monthly for a small fee which could keep your game completely up to date.

What would be the point of that? Any FM game diverges from reality once you hit "continue" for the first time.

Stability is the only real issue to having something like this working, but it's a pretty big 'un. I'd be pretty against it coming in, because I'm fairly sure they'd balls it up. That's nothing against the SI developers, but how exactly do you test something like that? The pre-game editor must be bad enough, and with that you have a fairly solid base as your "before". A real=time editor would be bugged to hell I imagine, and run the risk of completely wrecking a save beyond repair. More trouble than it's worth.

ETA; this guy has got it spot on

I'd prefer they allowed more changes in the pre game editor first, and maybe a "custom league wizard" thing where you could just set up the rules, pick the teams (through a wizard not manually), and go through a game of questions and answers to work out promotions, relegations, prizes and so forth with "auto complete" options that'd use what you filled in to fill in other boxes. For instance if you had a prize for first, second, third, fourth and twentieth, it'd use 4th and 20th to work out all of the in betweens. And teams imported into a league would have their reserve teams brought with them and the like.

People regularly make no player databases, released player databases and custom leagues. Why not make it easy and intuitive to make them?

Shore up the pre-game editor so that some of the more complex edits are simpler, and allow us to change other things within reason.

This is so needed, different people like to play in different ways, I love the option of mixing up a long game to keep it fresh and not have the same challenge over again. Would highly recommend it. Would even pay for it via a nominal sum off of steam if available.

Would happily pay a couple of quid for an official RTE. It's not something I would use often, but would be a good option to have. Have tried 3rd party options and whilst they do the job, an official, bug-free version would be worth paying for.

I think there are more reasons for it than against it.

In terms of stability, I'd rather use an editor by the actual developers than a 3rd party (nothing against said editor). If one/two guys can write a pretty good editor, I'm sure the developers, who know the code inside out (hopefully haha) could write something very stable and safe to use.

Just my humble opinion :)

I use the well known RTE to view players hidden attributes as i find them interesting. Its nice too see just how successful my tutors have been rather than the vague ingame description.

Then of course i can also see the PA of players easily too.

If people want to cheat, then they will always find a way and the real time editor wont change that.

I think it's a fantastic idea, nothing worst than spending an hour in the pre-game editor only to forget something and have to exit the game you're already 1 month into.

One thing I'd request is that there is some sort of indicator that the editor had been used on a particular player. This way forums etc. that are focused on showing off regens are not flooded by people changing their 14 year old Guatemalan regen to be Messi-like and screaming how amazing they are.

I voted NO, cause it has no use for me.

But, as many others said, since a lot of ppl use it, it would make sense for you to give them a reliable/accurate/stable/perfect editor. One thing, though: make them pay for it separately from the game. Brings you a little more profit from those who want to cheat their way through or whatever they use it for.

Undecided. It's not something that would hurt the game, it has its good points that have been mentioned. It'd be great if it included editing of kits colours.

As for cheating, many have said: there's a tool for cheating already anyway, putting this tool as an official part of the game won't add anything to that. Then there's the question of what cheating functionality it could have or not. Or if it could set a flag of "cheat used" on the screen. Like Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, that had a command line you could use to activate cheats, if you did, the load screen had a big "Cheat used" stamp on the screenshot.

But, how much would it take from development of tactical match engine?.

My answer would depend on that question. If it takes from other candy kind of things, then by all means yes; else, no.

I lean to a yes.

Now, do I vote yes or do I leave it without a vote? Or vote whatever has the least, just for my doubt be reflected in a small levelling?. Hum... I think I won't vote until such a time my decision becomes clear and I remember this poll to come back and vote.

One of the benefits is to sort out a few bugs that occur. Example, I was offered a contract, I accepted it but the board didn't confirm it, my contract ran out but I was still in charge of the side but wasn't recognised as the manager. I could play the games but it kept saying the club is looking for a manager, they offered contracts to managers but nothing happened.

Using a third party editor I could easily sort that out. Its happened with coaches as well, who left the club but still were reporting assignments to me in comparison to their team. Its like I sent them as spies :D but again I could fix that.

I wouldnt use it, but its definitely a good idea for SI to capitalize on something that there is demand for! I can think of a few other third party features that it would be great to see SI taking interest in. obviously it would be nice if these things could be added in for free but i dont think many people would object to paying a couple of quid more (optionally) for getting official features.

Would be a great addition if its not a free edition then im sure even if they charged a £1 no one would complain and maybe theyll make some decent money out of it considering the amount of people who are for it.

Archived