FM2014 price increase?

was there an increase in the dollars to pounds exchange rate? I don't follow the international money markets...

I'll just wait until the winter sale on Steam and hopefully get it at the $19.99 sale price...or I just won't buy it.

• SI Staff

I'm told that the SRP's (suggested retail prices) were just brought closer to parity this year - so Euro SRP has stayed the same, UK gone up, US gone up, Oz dropped, Brazil & Russia the same. Exchange rate correction that just hasn't been done on previous years - standard policy as could be seen on Total War & Company of Heroes earlier in the year.

Good for some, not so good for others.

The retailers, however, can sell for whatever price they want to.

Sega titles all tend to try to milk an extra £5 or so from people on Steam, with a couple of other publishers running along those same lines. Kind of shows up the digital distribution age = cheaper prices for software school of thought to have no foundation in reality.

Wait a few weeks and there will probably end up being some kind of discount on the pre-order as has happened with rome total war 2.

I'm told that the SRP's (suggested retail prices) were just brought closer to parity this year - so Euro SRP has stayed the same, UK gone up, US gone up, Oz dropped, Brazil & Russia the same. Exchange rate correction that just hasn't been done on previous years - standard policy as could be seen on Total War & Company of Heroes earlier in the year.

Good for some, not so good for others.

The retailers, however, can sell for whatever price they want to.

Not words you see to often with regards to information technology in Australia. Great to see.

I'll just keep my eyes open, and strike when the price is right. Realistically, though - I'm at 650 hours on one save in FM-13, I can't think of any computer game I've played for that many hours for under $50. It's like haggling with the crack dealer on the corner - if you want it bad enough, you'll pay the price.

Not words you see to often with regards to information technology in Australia. Great to see.

I think you'll find he means Oz as in wizards and tin men. The cowardly lion had a great Millwall save going on.

I recently pre ordered fm14 at 365games (or something like it) for ~£22. Now the price is £30... Hope I'm not charged for the price change...

You shouldn't be most places will charge you the price you ordered at not the increased price.

Archived