FM2014 Price Comparison (currrent cheapest Gameseek £24.75)

Looking at going for Gameseek or GMG, normally got it direct from steam but too expensive - can anyone explain what happens when you buy from Gameseek or GMG.

I guess you get emailed a code. How and where do you download the game? I guess its from steam but don't get if your not buying from steam why would they let you download it from them?

you obviously get a steam key, which is a FM14 (or whatever other game) steam version *activator

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking at going for Gameseek or GMG, normally got it direct from steam but too expensive - can anyone explain what happens when you buy from Gameseek or GMG.

I guess you get emailed a code. How and where do you download the game? I guess its from steam but don't get if your not buying from steam why would they let you download it from them?

you obviously get a steam key, which is a FM14 (or whatever other game) steam version *"activator"*

you obviously get a steam key, which is a FM14 (or whatever other game) steam version *"activator"*

Ok, so the Gameseek deal is for a digital copy, its not a physical copy which will be sent via mail?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I have managed to strike a discount with GAMING DRAGONS. http://www.gamingdragons.com/en/game/buy-football-manager-2014-steam-key.html

I have used these previously for CIV5 downloads and they have always been reliable. Their customer service is A* too. See my haggling on their FB page which got this deal! ;) They listen to their customers.

Can't see this price being bettered.

Hi guys, I have managed to strike a discount with GAMING DRAGONS. http://www.gamingdragons.com/en/game/buy-football-manager-2014-steam-key.html

I have used these previously for CIV5 downloads and they have always been reliable. Their customer service is A* too. See my haggling on their FB page which got this deal! ;) They listen to their customers.

nice haggling! Bit concerned about the amount of posts asking about the status of their orders though. Some people asking for refunds because they haven't received their order

Ok, so the Gameseek deal is for a digital copy, its not a physical copy which will be sent via mail?

So anyone found out if this is a boxed copy or not??

I have all the boxes since CM97/98 and of course I will never buy a digital one..

You can get a further 5% off at the moment by entering the code UGRocks at the checkout.

However, I'm going to hold out for a better price from somewhere else as I'm not in any hurry.

The last few years I've clock up about 1500 hours a year on FM which works out at 3.5 hours a day for a full year of my life. I wont be scrimping and saving to try and find someone selling the game £5 cheaper than someone else. I'll just get it on Steam the moment it unlocks

lol, you do that, in fact it's far to cheap, buy it twice.

lol, you do that, in fact it's far to cheap, buy it twice.

Lol yea - I cant get my head around people who are happy to pay for something they don't have to, regardless of value for money.

Do people who pay on steam think they get something the rest of us dont? Because they do know we get a steam code to enter on steam and from thereon its essentially as if you bought it on steam, right?. Just cheaper. Because were not mugs.

Lol yea - I cant get my head around people who are happy to pay for something they don't have to, regardless of value for money.

Would suggest 19 yrs old, still at home with Mum and Dad, earning a bit of money to go on the lash with and 30 quid for FM not a problem. Whereas us old farts...kids, mortgages...

first year I'm not overly fussed :( No doubt i will buy it at some point, but fm13 was not worth £29.99 so why they think i'd pay £34.99 I don't know :( will wait as long as it takes for it to be for sale at £20...my local football club used to do it at £15 so if they do something similar then i'll consider. just getting the hang of fm13 so in no rush to buy it.

I wouldn't trust GamingDragons.com - I only put it on here because it was the cheapest price but I too have emailed them asking about the beta but have heard nothing.

I'll stick to trusted sites and pay the couple of £ more for peace of mind.

They have still not replied to my question..Since Saturday morning! definetely I'm not going with them!

Would suggest 19 yrs old, still at home with Mum and Dad, earning a bit of money to go on the lash with and 30 quid for FM not a problem. Whereas us old farts...kids, mortgages...

I'll personally be waiting for Christmas to get the best discount, so you can swallow your own pill if you are going to be whipping out the tongue for someone who loves the game enough to pay full price.

I'll personally be waiting for Christmas to get the best discount, so you can swallow your own pill if you are going to be whipping out the tongue for someone who loves the game enough to pay full price.

There's a huge difference between someone getting a cheaper price because they have waited 2 months after the game is coming out, or someone paying a higher price to get the game on release day when its easy to get it cheaper.

It's got nothing to do with "loving the game enough to pay full price", its "is someone willing to pay more to eliminate a tiny gamble".

For Australians looking for a better deal than Steam, Ozgameshop.com is brilliant. It was AUD$46.99 the other day when I purchased it. I received my code for the game within a few hours.

Today I received an email informing me that the price had dropped and I had been refunded the difference. $4 free ! :D

http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/football-manager-2014-with-early-access-beta-code-game-pc-and-mac

I understand your perspective perfectly well, Winto, and the way you want to spend your money is quite logical. Last year, I did exactly what you plan to do this year. But everyone understands the value of money, so I'm suggesting that you'll understand why someone would be willing to pay full price if you dig a little deeper. In the same way, he might decide, after considering your view further, that he wants a discount after all.

For Australians looking for a better deal than Steam, Ozgameshop.com is brilliant. It was AUD$46.99 the other day when I purchased it. I received my code for the game within a few hours.

Today I received an email informing me that the price had dropped and I had been refunded the difference. $4 free ! :D

http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/football-manager-2014-with-early-access-beta-code-game-pc-and-mac

So it's going to keep dropping? It's now at $37.99.

I don't understand the "Oz" thing about that site either?

About ozgameshop.com

Who are we?

We are a UK based retailer of games, DVDs, Blu-Rays, gadgets, posters, toys and more!

All items are shipped from the UK

http://www.ozgameshop.com/page/about

Once the Beta becomes available are you not going to be able to pre order the full game from the cheapest and best suppliers available at that time.

Also everyone use to get the Beta version Free before the Full game comes out. You did not have to purchase a pre order.

Are we going to get a full public Beta and if so, when. Thanks.

Just a heads up for all you interested in a box copy , some Non-League football clubs sell the game on release for a good discount price (last year I think it was £15 approx @ KiddermInster Harriers FC) and the've confirmed they will be selling it on release this year , so yeah ring round all the local teams in your area might get lucky!! :D

Hi, Have you used these before, are they reliable??

Never used them before, so I don't know. Reviews seemed favourable though and it's email delivery so shouldn't be delayed.

Also used PayPal so they can't stiff me.

Archived