Work Permits and Citizenship

Does anyone know how to find out how long a player must be at a club in a particular country to gain citizenship?

I'm playing as an English club and want to buy some prospects from Brazil, but can't get work permits, so Im trying to find a feeder club with the shortest amount of time of residency for citizenship. Does anyone know if it is a fixed amount of three years for every country or if some are longer than others and how to figure that out? Thanks so much.

I think it normally says on the players information screen. It says how long they have played in each country and in bracket's how many days they need to obtain citizenship.

Not sure of the exact screen, but it is somewhere on the individual player information screens.

you might try scouting a foreign player playing in the country you're interested in, and checking that player's personal info under "Nationality". It should generally give conditions for citizenship. I think I saw on one of my Senegalese national team players playing in Serbia, one of the requirements for citizenship is "fluency in the Serbian language", and it noted that the player after 11 years in Serbia hadn't bothered to learn the language. Sure, maybe he wants to retain his Senegalese citizenship, but if you're going to play in a country for 10+ years, being able to read the paper and order dinner in a restaurant might be nice.

Does anyone know how to find out how long a player must be at a club in a particular country to gain citizenship?

I'm playing as an English club and want to buy some prospects from Brazil, but can't get work permits, so Im trying to find a feeder club with the shortest amount of time of residency for citizenship. Does anyone know if it is a fixed amount of three years for every country or if some are longer than others and how to figure that out? Thanks so much.

Croatia is the best in that regard. They join EU in july 2013 and players get citizenship after 2 years. Montenegro joins in 2016, also two years.

Serbia joins in 2018, three years. If you absolutely need someone for the first season, Poland is good - three years.

Any ideas on what to do with a player if they refuse to go on loan somewhere. My Brazilian starlet has gone to Serbia for 2.5 years but this season is refusing to go - how can I tell him he's being an idiot, I need him to go there one last year, then he'll walk into my first team? Or is there a chance he could get a wp through a new contract? He's still yet to be capped by Brazil...

Archived