Euro 2008...OOTP Style!

Euro 2008...OOTP Style!

Welcome everybody to Euro 2008...OOTP Style! This is a managerial sign-up in a similar mould to Bambi's OOTP Sign-Up (link here), but instead of club management, this time 16 managers will fight it out for their team to be the victor of Euro 2008.

What do you need to do? Well first of all, there's this nice form for those wanting to take part to fill out. It's a similar format to Bambi's list, but I'll also ask you to put down the e-mail address that you'll use to send me team-sheets/tactics, so that I know who you are!

Name:

DoB:

Nationality:

E-mail address:

So here's mine for example:

Name: Alex Drew

DoB: 30/06/78

Nationality: English

E-mail address: alex.drew1@gmail.com

Also add you username to the list until there are 16 sign-uppers:

1. wisla_krakow

That's all I'll need from you for now, but if you've read Bambi's sign-up, you'll know there's more work to be done later...

FIRSTLY, ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN THIS SIGN-UP MUST RECOGNISE THAT YOU WILL NEED TO MEET DEADLINES REGARDING SQUAD SELECTION, TACTICS ETC. YOU WILL NEED ACCESS TO FM08 FOR THIS GAME.

Quickly I'll break down what'll happen once signing up has finished.

1. Each player and each nation will be given a number 1-16. Using two random number generators, I will mix-up the order of the numbers and then match the number of player to the number of nation they've been drawn, voila! You'll have your team. So who knows if you'll get Austria or Spain...

2. Once teams have been handed out, I will upload (via 4shared) a saved game file from before the Euro 2008 Squad Selection date. I have loaded all players from the 16 qualifying nations, so you'll have more than enough players to choose from. What you need to do here is choose 23 players, and then e-mail me (via alex.drew1@gmail.com) your squad selection. At the same time, you can also send me .tac files for you tactics, or a screenshot of your tactic if you cannot send me the .tac file.

3. This is when the main thread will go live! After this, I will progress until match-day one, providing some Euro 2008 build-up along the way, including pre-tournament predictions from my co-commentator for the tournament, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew. For some teams (France x2, Holland, Germany) you will have a pre-tournament friendly, which will require you to do 4. for this game aswell as the main tournament (it will ask you to select 26 players for the tournament, but it would be easier just to select the 23 you want to take to Euro 2008.

4. Upon reaching game time for the first round of the Euro 2008 Group Stages, I will upload another save game file, and you will need to send me another e-mail stating your starting XI for the match (all other players will be named as substitute) and your desired tactic for the match, and any other in-game demands (such as substitutes or a change in tactics if losing/winning).

5. I will progress through the first round of group games, providing match reports for each match and some in-depth analysis from my co-commentator, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew.

6. After this, another save will be uploaded, and again you'll send me your starting XI for the next round of matches. 5 and 6 will again repeat until the group stages are finished.

7. The quarter-final draw will now be announced along with further instructions for the next stage, as we say good-bye to our knocked-out teams.

Hopefully that's not too much to take in :). If you feel you won't be able to do any of the above points, then don't sign up. I will remind you all of these stages when we get to them, but at least you've got a basic idea of how this will run :thup:.

So I hope you'll enjoy taking part in Euro 2008, and may the best team win (once you get one)!

MANAGERS - TEAMS

birdy123 = Portugal

Tilla = Poland

Walcott's Wonderkids = Germany

NepentheZ = France

Robert_296 = Spain

jayatsena = Italy

aaberdeenn = Austria

dafuge = Czech Republic

haza555 = Switzerland

weeman27bob = Croatia

wisla_krakow = Turkey

The Golden Boy = Russia

Ridleys = Sweden

frithleeds = Holland

markcator3006 = Greece

rlipscombe = Romania

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wisla, fantastic OP mate. Really looking forward to this one. But you've missed a link in the OP (Its says "(link here)") - I assume you wrote the OP in notepad / word and meant to put in the link :D

Cheers :thup: and yes I did :D meant to do that when I went to post it but the forums were being slow so I forgot about it!

1. wisla_krakow

2. birdy123

3. weeman27bob

4. Ridleys

5. Robert_296

6. Walcott's Wonderkids

7. Tilla

8. NepentheZ

9. aaberdeenn

10. haza555

11. markcator3006

12. jayatsena

13. lolleyj

14. frithleeds

15. The Golden boy

16. dafuge

Just in time there, thought I'd missed out for a minute.

First of all, here are your teams:

Random number given to each of the nations in Euro 2008.

2 - Austria

14 - Croatia

10 - Czech Republic

11 - France

8 - Germany

15 - Greece

6 - Holland

12 - Italy

7 - Poland

3 - Portugal

13 - Romania

5 - Russia

1 - Spain

9 - Sweden

4 - Switzerland

16 - Turkey

Sign-Up members will be listed in order that they signed up and given a random number 1-16 using a random number generator.

e.g. User 1 = 15

User 2 = 2

Then users put in number order to replace vertical 1-16, then numbers of nations randomised again into a new order and given in order to each player.

1. wisla_krakow = 11

2. birdy123 = 1

3. weeman27bob = 10

4. Ridleys = 13

5. Robert_296 = 5

6. Walcott's Wonderkids = 3

7. Tilla = 2

8. NepentheZ = 4

9. aaberdeenn = 7

10. haza555 = 9

11. markcator3006 = 15

12. jayatsena = 6

13. lolleyj = 16

14. frithleeds = 14

15. The Golden boy = 12

16. dafuge = 8

1 = birdy123 = 3 = Portugal

2 = Tilla = 7 = Poland

3 = Walcott's Wonderkids = 8 = Germany

4 = NepentheZ = 11 = France

5 = Robert_296 = 1 = Spain

6 = jayatsena = 12 = Italy

7 = aaberdeenn = 2 = Austria

8 = dafuge = 10 = Czech Republic

9 = haza555 = 4 = Switzerland

10 = weeman27bob = 14 = Croatia

11 = wisla_krakow = 16 = Turkey

12 = The Golden Boy = 5 = Russia

13 = Ridleys = 9 = Sweden

14 = frithleeds = 6 = Holland

15 = markcator3006 = 15 = Greece

16 = lolleyj = 13 = Romania

I've posted all the number draws aswell so you can see how you got your teams :thup:. Later today I will post the Group Stage Draw for Euro 2008, and then give you the save to choose your squads.

Thanks for signing up :thup: I'll add you into the game later today and will upload the save once I'm done so you can choose your squads.

rlipscombe - It's possible someone could drop out, so you could join the reserve list?

yeah, that's fine. i'll be a reserve for sure :thup:

Austria for me, this shall be fun. :cool:

I'm guessing most people who haven't been a part of the previous games will generally think that the better teams will do well and the rubbish teams will do rubbish but in this kind of game with all human controlled sides anything can and will happen as we've seen with past games. Don't count anyone out just yet.

I remember back to my Aston Villa side on FM07 in the first incarnation of this kind of game; if I remember correctly I bought one player who wasn't even a first choice starter, played a default diamond tactic with no altering of the team or player instructions and finished 4th and won the FA Cup in the first season.

Euro 2008 Group Stage Draw

"Hello, good evening, and welcome to the Group Stage draw for Euro 2008. I'm Luis Valquez (former Leyendas manager), and I'll be commentating every game in the tournament. This year's tournament will be held in Austria and Switzerland, and both sides will be looking for favourable draws in a hope to reach the next stages. However, I'm sure sides such as Italy, France, Spain, Holland, Germany and Portugal will be favourites in the eyes of most. And now, onto the draw action..."

Group A

Austria

Holland

Poland

Turkey

Group B

Croatia

Portugal

Sweden

Switzerland

Group C

Germany

Italy

Russia

Spain

Group D

Czech Republic

France

Greece

Romania

"That concludes today's draw, a fasinating one at that. We'll be back shortly with words from our my co-commentator, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, who will give his run-down on the groups and who he believes to be the favourites for the tournament, I'm sure we'll all look forward to that. Goodnight."

Later today: The in-game tournament odds and the save game file for you to select your squads.

Archived