Has anyone managed to get an effective double pivot going? I like the idea of two box to box midfielders (Ramsey and Wilshere) who make late runs into the box and cover each other when the other is forward. Ahead of them would be an advanced play-maker behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1.

The problem is I have never created an effective midfield without an anchor man or at least a central midfielder set to defend. Any tips are welcome!

I've had great results with my double pivot 4-2-3-1. I use a DLP-s and DLP-d in the midfield with a Trequarista (customized to help on defense) at AMC. I've never tried 2 BBMs in midfield but I'd be very curious if one would act as the holding midfielder. However with 2 BBMs I wouldn't consider the formation a double pivot.

b2b have roam from position ticked on. This usually means they wander off and in my experience, it usually makes them make runs into the box. I highly doubt that they would effectively cover each other and since both have RFD mixed, that would make it suicidal in a 4-2-3-1.

Playing 2 DM's or MC's on a support duty will be the closest thing to having a double pivot. Although you could get caught out if both players decide to get forward depending on PPM's, Decision Making etc.

It was possible in previous FMs with a creative use of run from deep, creative freedom and roam from position. I've not tried to use such a pivot in this FM but it may work. I created a thread on a triple pivot a while ago which may still hold true (in principles at least) in FM13:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/259068-Creating-a-Triple-Pivot-System

Archived