Best FM for longevity?

Just wondering bc I would like to pursue a long term FM save, one in which AI squad building and regen attribute distribution is at its finest.

Was it at any point better in previous FM's? I'm struggling to live in a FM13 2025 world where 9/10 players has the team ethic of Arjen Robben and everyone has forgotten how to jump in and win a ball. Could have sworn FM10 had better regens.

CM03/04

I know it's not technically an FM but it is from before the split from Eidos and gave me more long term fun than any of the FM franchise.

This and 01/02. Since FM then FM10

I don't know what you fellas are smoking but the last three or four FMs before 13 were absolutely terrible for long-term games.

Don't you remember the stupid stat distribution for newgens? The world-class 5' 6" DCs? The hordes of MCs with ridiculous pace and acceleration but no wingers to match them? The strikers who would be decent in all areas except - wait for it - ridiculously low finishing?

Honestly, for me, newgens were a game-breaker until FM13.

Newgens are dreadful this year, the attribute distribution is so unrealistic.

Think you're the one who was playing a different game after looking at the regens from FM12 :D I'll probably just try and stick tot his until an FM comes back with excellent AI squad building and regens.

To be honest (and I had forgotten this ^^) FM12 was the first one I didn't buy because I asked on these forums whether the issues mentioned above were still present and was told by several people that they were, although they weren't as pronounced. I also remember some people complaining that newgens were far too good compared to previous versions.

I'm curious to know what problems you have with FM13 players? The only common flaw I see is low bravery for defensive players. Everything else I have found pretty balanced - and I'm currently playing a game in 2030.

That's the part that kills me. Centre backs with crossing as a strength, plodding full backs, and so many players with stamina below 10. I wish there was a better positional template used when creating new players.

To be honest (and I had forgotten this ^^) FM12 was the first one I didn't buy because I asked on these forums whether the issues mentioned above were still present and was told by several people that they were, although they weren't as pronounced. I also remember some people complaining that newgens were far too good compared to previous versions.

I'm curious to know what problems you have with FM13 players? The only common flaw I see is low bravery for defensive players. Everything else I have found pretty balanced - and I'm currently playing a game in 2030.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/342744-30-Years-of-Full-Detail-Analysis-of-Long-Term-Player-and-Squad-Development

That covered the problems which made me want to quit. Newgens and AI squad building probably the biggest part of the game for me so I need the FM that suits this best. I'm not sure how long it'll be until we see real progress from SI though, that FM will be the game changer for me.

Think you're the one who was playing a different game after looking at the regens from FM12 :D I'll probably just try and stick tot his until an FM comes back with excellent AI squad building and regens.

I have to disagree with you been fine for me

What features am I missing out on from FM13 w/ FM12?

Is it just the DoF?

Well, and UI revamp including indeed a much improved customisability, training revamp and the usual minor stuff like a new camera angle.

Nothing which prevented me from going back to FM12 and not looking back since. :)

I'm liking FM13, but I am finding that decent newgens do seem (and I stress seem, I have no proof) to be from a very small number of countries. My Premier League leading team in season 2018/9 is mainly based around brilliant newgens from Mexico. I also have newgens from Argentina, France and Germany who are good but not quite as good as the ones from Mexico.

In short my experience has been that the newgen system in FM13 is ok, but it does seem to be linked to nationalities a little (or perhaps a lot) too much.

I always start games with Vitesse Arnhem and fake players, I used FMRTE on FM11 to correct things like 5'3 goalkeepers and CBs, low stamina wide midfielders etc. Not just for my players either, any abnormal player I saw, I edited. Not encountered any weird players on fm13 yet, probably because they're real players with fake names at this stage.

00/01... i played this game for 4 years in real life... (i had really poor pc at the time, but hush :) )
I got up to 2031 on that, even though I've bought every CM/FM since, I had only really stopped playing it by FM 2009. Still have it installed too.
FM11. Still playing it after 2 years. Tried FM12 but could not stand not winning away from home despite having the best home record in the league, so I quit.
I skipped fm 2012 too and barely played it when I caved in and bought it. My FM11 save is kind of still going and despite liking FM13 so far (bought it a few weeks back), I'd still go back to my FM11 save. Up to 2035 iirc.

First post in GD for years :/

FM11. Still playing it after 2 years. Tried FM12 but could not stand not winning away from home despite having the best home record in the league, so I quit.

I love FM11 as well. If that version had updated data I would still be skipping sleep to play it today. My all time favourite, however, was CM3.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/342744-30-Years-of-Full-Detail-Analysis-of-Long-Term-Player-and-Squad-Development

That covered the problems which made me want to quit. Newgens and AI squad building probably the biggest part of the game for me so I need the FM that suits this best. I'm not sure how long it'll be until we see real progress from SI though, that FM will be the game changer for me.

This isnt new. The whole thread showed there had been improvements from previous FMs. Though clearly more work to be done.

Archived