Sports Interactive Community
GR3NDAL

FM13 - Marco Verratti - The new Pirlo

MARCO VERRATTI

2735_zps1a86bb93.jpg

Marco Verratti is a 20 year old Italian Midfielder who currently plays for PSG and Italy U21's. He has recently been linked with several clubs including Manchester United. He has been touted in the Italian media as the 'heir to Pirlo' and is a natural playmaker.

At the start of the game:

NATIONALITY: Italain

STARTING CLUB: Paris Saint Germain

COST: 10-15million pounds

POSITION: MC

BEST ROLE: Playmaker

MarcoVerratti_OverviewInformation_zps3c01eb2f.png

Starting attributes:

MarcoVerratti_OverviewProfile_zps5eea704b.png

In 2019

MarcoVerratti_OverviewProfile-2_zps555bc6b6.png

I have been playing him as an MC Advanced playmaker and he has been one of the best and most consistant players in the premiership on my save.

Verratti_NewsInbox-2_zps23bd256c.png

His beard is non-existent :cool: Can't be the new Pirlo.

Good thread, I haven't used him on FM13, but did on all previous version he was on.

Very good little player - shame you can't still pick him up from Pescara for £50k :(

Yeah, I bought him this time round in the hope he was still as good as he was on FM12 :) Not quite the bargain he used to be indeed but I got him for 14 million and still class that as cheap. It is too early to judge if he will match his FM12 career as he made over 550 appearances for my club in that save.

i found him to be overated in fm13. his stats didn't go up dramatically even though he was getting first team action. there are much better alternatives available.

Name a few. I will post screenshots of him in my save once I'm in fourth or fifth season, I don't think there are many better alternatives for that price tbh.

Indeed. He is always my best performimg midfielder. My other regulars at CM are James Milner, Joe Allen and Will Hughes. If there is someone better for that money I would like to know who. Also worth bearing in mind is he is 19 years old at game start and can go straight into a top Premiership midfield. He does tend to pick up a lot of yellow cards in my save but that could be down to my management style :D

Managed to get him for Arsenal for around 11m as he was unsettled at PSG, Quite frankly he was an absoluete steel.

He has easily been my best midfielder, i bought him as a back up but after playing a few games with ratings of around 8 every game i had to contiune to play him.

i'll post a few screenshots when im home and have chance.

I will also be happy to know a better midfielder for the price of 11m i think its pretty much impossible for anyone to tell us.

Ben_reeson

Would be great to see some screenshots. Also what role etc do you play him in?

Very good little player - shame you can't still pick him up from Pescara for £50k :(
good old days on fm10 :(

Just ticked over into 2020 on my save and if anything he is getting even better :)

World_AwardsAwardWinners_zps6d097b7a.png

He also won World Golden Ball

Just signed this lad for £12M on my QPR save in Season 2 (2013-14). Not sure if he'll slot straight into my team (Clement Chantome is irreplaceable for me :D), but he's a great option to have no doubt.

Most of you playing him in MC as an Advanced Playmaker (Support or Attack, doesn't matter to me tbh)? That's what i plan on playing him as and I'll be chuffed if I can get him to replicate anything similar to the form you guys have posted.

Chantome is currently posting stats of 7.7 avg per season so it'll be tough for Verratti to replace him :)

Here is what does he look like on my save - I got him after season 1, this is what he looks like at the beginning of season 3, aged 21

2aj52z5.jpg

I can't even imagine what's he gonna be like when he's 24 or 25. I play him as deep lying playmaker support, and also I focused his training on that role.

Hi Grendal

Allen? Got rid of him after 6 months, never ever performed for me, Steve s shadow was too much to bear for him

I am currently using Steve G & Veratti and they re good together

And if I may go a bit off topic, I recomend Lars Bender to cover the defensive duty for them, he s been great for my Liverpool team

Hi Grendal

Allen? Got rid of him after 6 months, never ever performed for me, Steve s shadow was too much to bear for him

I am currently using Steve G & Veratti and they re good together

And if I may go a bit off topic, I recomend Lars Bender to cover the defensive duty for them, he s been great for my Liverpool team

Imo Lars Bender is better than Stevie G and Verratti combined. Have him as well in my save, he's been unbeatable as ball winning mf.

Well of course I used Stevie at the beginning of the save (when he was fit that is..) and the only reason I stopped playing him was that he retired. He is now a coach for me. My first choice pairing is Verratti (CM-AP) and Milner (CM). I rotate Will Hughes with Verratti and Allen with Milner . Allen averages around 7.5 for me and is a very consistant.

Veratti has always been one of my first buys on any save i have he is the next Xavi .