View only leagues, do they slow down the game?

Question is in the title. If I add all leagues bar the one I play in as view only, does it slow down the game at all? According to the stars on game speed it doesn't, but surely having to calculate the results of other leagues must effect game speed, or am I missing something?

Guest Satchy

It calculates the results differently from playable leagues, which only marginally slows down the game.

Not to any significant degree however I also do not feel that they add much to the game either as the clubs do not generate that many new players & are also very quiet in the transfer market, on balanced I have never seen view-only leagues to be of any benefit to a long term game.

Not to any significant degree however I also do not feel that they add much to the game either as the clubs do not generate that many new players & are also very quiet in the transfer market, on balanced I have never seen view-only leagues to be of any benefit to a long term game.

I just thought it would be good to have more realistic player stats when it comes to games played etc and I thought it would maybe be more realistic to be able to see who was winning leagues around Europe and how my foreign feeder clubs were doing.

Are they less active in the transfer market than normal?

I just thought it would be good to have more realistic player stats when it comes to games played etc and I thought it would maybe be more realistic to be able to see who was winning leagues around Europe and how my foreign feeder clubs were doing.

Are they less active in the transfer market than normal?

The player stats will be not be any more realistic than an inactive league, this is due to all leagues that could be added via the add/remove feature being simulated to a similar level as view-only leagues, imho the add/remove league feature has made the view-only option very much redundant unless you start loading all the players in that nation & that negates the processing speed benefits as more players equals a greater demand on your CPU & RAM.

As for transfer activity clubs will be a little more active than if they were in inactive leagues but this will only be the highest rep clubs, after some time the majority will be predominantly populated by grey players.

In my current save I'm managing Everton and I've no intention of going anywhere else.

So for this I've gone with a set up of England (all) Spain, Germany, Italy, France (top division playable)

Portugal, Holland, Russia, Turkey, Ukraine (top division non-playable)

Players from top clubs in Austria, Denmark, Czech Republic, Greece, Scotland, Switzerland, Poland, Serbia, Denmark, Belgium

Also players from top clubs in the remaining continents.

I find it a great set-up for saves where you intend to stay in one European country.

View only leagues will only marginally slow down the game. The leagues will then generate proper results and league tables and will see more regens come through than an inactive league, though of course not as many as an active league.

Archived