FM2008 - Arsenal FC. mo money, no problems edition.

hughsieb

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I'm around 4th now, got Liverpool then Chelsea, in a good position, should be able to take at least 4 points. I've sold Diaby and Denilson, only £10m between them, but I wasn't too bothered about getting much money out of them. Bought N'Gog and sent him on loan, and Song is on loan somewhere too.

I'm around 4th now, got Liverpool then Chelsea, in a good position, should be able to take at least 4 points. I've sold Diaby and Denilson, only £10m between them, but I wasn't too bothered about getting much money out of them. Bought N'Gog and sent him on loan, and Song is on loan somewhere too.

Way too little for Denilson, you could have got £25mil for him on his own. I wouldn't have sold him anyway.

Baptista's crap haha.

Just thought I'd mention how the same players seem to go to the same teams all the time? Liverpool have signed Garay and Pandev on every new game I start. Mutu always goes to Arsenal, but when I tried to sign him, he turned me down?! Crazy!

Using tug's training, and my own little tactic i whipped together, based on the 4-1-1-2-2 thing with wide wingers, a DM and CM. Using Rosicky and Hleb mainly, although Riera can drop in there too.

Baptista's crap haha.

Just thought I'd mention how the same players seem to go to the same teams all the time? Liverpool have signed Garay and Pandev on every new game I start. Mutu always goes to Arsenal, but when I tried to sign him, he turned me down?! Crazy!

Using tug's training, and my own little tactic i whipped together, based on the 4-1-1-2-2 thing with wide wingers, a DM and CM. Using Rosicky and Hleb mainly, although Riera can drop in there too.

You know when you make a game it says 'compiling manager shortlists' or something? This is when managers look for their targets, and they are the same on every game. So on some games they sign the same player often.

And it's quite possible that he wanted to play under Wenger. It's possible when Wenger leaves we won't get as many players because they don't have the chance to play under Wenger. Without him, would a trophyless team really be worth it?

• 1 month later...

Price have no idea yet, although I would assume Rosina would be cheaper due to lower salary and less rep? Haven't got mu budget for season 2 yet, I presume I will have a fair amount though.

Position would be as winger-most likely playing whereever, either AMR, AMC or AML.

What would be a good price to sell Adebayor for at the end of 1st season?

He's done superb this season although has been injured a lot, but I want to sell to strengthen other areas.

What would be a good price to sell Adebayor for at the end of 1st season?

He's done superb this season although has been injured a lot, but I want to sell to strengthen other areas.

Adebayor is very good on FM08 assuming it’s the latest patch, are you really sure you want to sell him? If so look for £25-35Million.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

okay i have just started a game with arsenal on fm 08 and i think i have done amazing with my signings, what do you guys think :

(The prices are australian dollar)

IN :

Victor Moses - 1m

Andre Ayew - 3.1m

Younousse Sankhare - 2.4m

John Bostock - 1.1m

Federico Fazio - 2.8m

Henri Saivet - 2.5m

Miguel Veloso - 31m

Matias Fernandez - 30m

Mamadou Sakho - 2.5m

Urby Emanuelson - 19.25m

Total 96m

Out

Havard Nordveit on loan to Lille

Nacer Barazite on loan to Stoke

Manuel Almunia sold for 5m to Birmingham

Gilberto Silva sold for 20m to Inter Milan

Total 25m

I have used up all my transfer budget

i feel the squad was strong already so just wanted to bring young players who will be agreat in the future, plus a few star players.

this is my current best XI and formation

GK - Jens Lehmann

DR - Bakary Sagna

DL - Gael Clichy

DC - William Gallas

DC - Kolo Toure

DMC - Miguel Veloso

MC - Francesc Fabregas

AMC - Matias Fernandez

AMR - Tomas Rosicky

AML - Robin Van Persie

FC - Emmanuel Adebayor

Subs -

Emmanuel Eboue

Urby Emanuelson

Philippe Senderos

Aliaksandr Hleb/Eduardo

Bendtner

Back up players,play or on bench when other players need rest

Federico Fazio

Lassana Diarra

Denilson

Alexandre Song

Theo Walcott

Fabianski

so thats my team and should be settled for the year, next season i am looking to bring in a new keeper as jens will decline i am getting bouzanis in january for the future but i dont think fabianski will be good enough next season, i want to bring in a keeper who can be world class for a couple of seasons until bouzanis will be good enough i also have a young english regen keeper with potenial to be good as lehmann so have two young keepers for the future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived