which leagues

I'm currently having a pretty fun game in the MLS with Sporting KC. I figured with the summer break and the MLS in full swing it's a good time to get to know the players, and especially the rules, for MLS. The player restrictions make it interesting in trying to balance a squad of US based players, a couple superstars on designated player contracts and using the draft to make sure you have a good core of players on developmental contracts (which don't count towards your 30-man senior roster limit or your salary cap).

One thing to keep in mind is you can use allocation funds, gained from selling players/draft picks to MLS teams, to increase your salary cap.

If you're interested, I'd recommend reading up on http://www.fmscout.com/a-guide-to-the-mls-league.html

I always choose the Basics first:

England, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Holland, Ukraine, Scotland, Russia, Portugal

Then i choose scandinavia:

Denmark, Norway and Sweden

Then some East european countries:

Serbia, Kroatia

Then South America:

Brazil and Argentina

I misunderstood the question then. In that case it depends on what your PC can handle, great thing about FM13 is you can turn leagues on and off mid game. So if your starting a career game in the lower leagues of England, your scouting range will be limited and you can forget about work permits so I'd probably load most of Europe:

UK & Irish leagues

Germany

Spain

Italy

France

Portugal

Holland

Belgium

Sweden

Norway

Denmark

Croatia

Czech Republic

Poland

Greece

Austria

Switzerland

Then as you're scouting range progresses, turning off European leagues as needed and replacing them with leagues outside of Europe.

If you want strong regens worldwide, load as many leagues as your computer can handle.

Starting in England, take out the lesser leagues if you can run every league at a pace you feel comfortable.

Keep all of the UK & Ireland though.

Other options are to use view only leagues and the add/remove league function.

Archived