Javi Garcia

What is it about this player the computer is understanding that I don't? In all my saves he never sees the light of day for City, then eventually is transfer-listed and offered for loan at a cut-price (for far less than he was bought). And my scouts never want to give him greater than 2.5 stars -- but to me he looks like an ideal DM, either a ball-winner or anchor man.

In my Arsenal save, I bit and took him on season-long loan. He was a defensive rock for me and led the team in both tackles and tackles-completed ratio. Other than the absence of much of an offensive game, what's not to like? He's a physical beast with great mentals, and he never quits.

I mean it's not uncommon for teams to inexplicably ignore players in this fashion, but what's the most confusing is that my scouts never rate him. Not that star-ratings are the be-all, end-all, but I just wonder how those attributes could translate into a 2.5-star rating.

City have an abundance of centre mids and a few top class dmc's who are more favoured.....

Star ratings aren't based purely on attributes... in fact it's heavily tied to reputation and ability compared to the rest of the team and league etc..

I.e ... if you are arsenal, you will already have a very strong looking midfield and comparing javi garcia with them will lower his rating... that coupled with his team status, the amount of games he gets etc and you have a player who isn't well loved by his team :)

I understand that star ratings are tied to reputation and relative ability -- my point is that both his reputation and ability are not so relatively low that he should be 2.5 stars on my Arsenal save (or on my Schalke save, for that matter). I was really wondering if maybe there's some key attribute he's lacking in that prevents him from being rated higher. My scout says he would "be a good player for most sides", but I've seen much worse players described as "would be a leading star for most sides".

2 and a half stars is basically saying he isn't a huge step up from what you already have... who i'm assuming would be the likes of wilshere, arteta and co?

My Schalke midfield isn't anywhere near that good, and he's still on 2.5 stars. In any case, I don't think he's that much worse than Radja Nainggolan -- who's usually in the 3.5-4 star range.

I suspect that's where nainggolan's potential and growing rep come in.

In any case, you aren't wrong in the fact that the game hasn't quite got it right when it comes to super high rep clubs and their super high rep players who don't get a game... they always tend to just rot in the reserves after running down their contracts.. ala kolo toure etc..

Took him on loan for my Valencia team. Man City pays most of the wage and a i dont pay a monthly fee. Was my third choice DM behind M'Villa and Cirigliano. As expressed in the OP, he doesnt get much credit from the scouts or assistant manager. But on the pitch he is an outstanding performer. In my game he has a rating of around 7.5. Very physical midfielder, wont give you any room to maneuver.

Archived