Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
jalapic

Getting non-scout staff to recommend players

I haven't played FM2013 in a few months since my previous PC crashed. I am starting a new save in N.Ireland (very fun leagues to play btw). I seem to remember that I could get members of my staff other than my scouts (e.g. asst manager) to recommend players to sign to me (and not just loan signings but free agents and other players). I can't remember how to do this - does anyone know or am I mis-remembering?

go to the player roster page, and at the top should be a "recommend players to loan" where you can ask for a specific position. I don't know that there's a way to get free-agent recommendations, short of signing a Director of Football or Head of Youth Development, who will find and possibly sign players/prospects. Then there's the agents, of course, I sometimes get a good free-agent/out-of-contract offer from them.

i've actually worked it out.

Go to staff. Click on staff member and then click on 'reports' tab. Other staff members can then suggest players to sign.