Sports Interactive Community
duuuaaaane

Re-adding yourself after the sack = accomplishments worthless?

It definitely does take away from any achievements you may have amassed.

There is the argument 'He bought the game so he can play it how he wants to', and while strictly speaking it's true, it's not really in the spirit of the game.

If you are just going to re-add yourself after getting sacked then there is no pressure to do well in the first place. If you got 3 or 4 successive relegations you wouldn't keepyour job for instance, so re-adding yourself would be daft.

The only time I would condone doing it is if you get sacked 5 or 6 games into the season if you performing below expectations due to having a couple of draws and/or games in hand, which nearly happened to me in my Man Utd save. In real life that would be taken into account.

Hello, I'm the Chelsea manager so I'm here to explain myself to you all. Firstly, let me just point out that I've been playing FM for years now including CM. Please don't say I'm cocky but I'm the most decorated manager in the world. I don't have an equal. My stats speak for themselves. In this save with my mate and my Arsenal save. 6 League Titles, 18 cups, Manager of the Year 7 times, Manager of the Month 20 times. I could go on about how I pioneered my own formation that bangs me 100+ goals a season in the league or how I destroyed Madrid 5-2 at home. That's the history lesson taken care of then, so here's my story.

We started out Southampton & Liverpool, I got Southy 13th in my first 2 seasons. I was still adapting the players to my methods so we didn't reach my level until the 3rd season in when the players really started turning into world class LADS. We were inside the top 8 around Jan. The Chelsea job came up and I wanted instant success because I had a hunger and desire I knew I wouldn't fulfill at the Saints for at least 2 more seasons. I took the Chelsea job. I had a bad start, the lads struggled to adapt to my tactics. We finished 6th that season and my job was very insecure. I got the sack in November, all I needed was a little bit of time to get things right, things were starting to click.

After that I added myself again because I had set up the foundations for Chelsea. Same story again, got sacked mid season and re-added myself. That season, I finished 5th and won the FA cup which secure my job. The wonderkids I signed were turning into men and it was showing. The next season I won the FA CUP and the EPL. I am currently dominating in my current season. SO yeah, I re-added myself and don't see it as cheating in an online game. I wouldn't do it in a SP game but it's online and my sacking wasn't fair. I am a FM KING AND DESERVE TO BE TREATED AS ONE.

SO I ASK YOU PEOPLE, SHOULD I RETIRE AS GAFFER AND ADD MYSELF AS SOUTHAMPTON MANAGER AGAIN? Or stick with Chelsea because I have turned them into a winning machine. My mate often gets *****ed on by me. 4-1 in our last game..

Modest fellow then...

Why not start a scoring system where certain trophies score you X points, and a sacking costs you Y points. See who can score the most.

Considering he's just been fired, he hardly knows what works with that team either.

But he must have gathered the info of what NOT works with that team, therefore, getting closer to what works with that team. You see what I mean.

No, you're a new manager taking over from an old manager who screwed things up for the club. It can be very strongly argued that the game never starts from scratch. It starts from over 100 years of development and progress.

People are far too focused on how they think people should play the game.

I don't agree with that with regards to this specific debate. It's not like somebody created a thread purposely to mock or insult those who may create another manager when they get the sack. Someone created an account (I'm guessing for this specific reason) and asked us our opinion. I think giving our opinion, as many of us have, differs slightly from dictating how the game should be played.