Russian Foreign Players Rule

Anyone knows about Russian foreign players rule. This is my first time in Russia with S.Moscow. I bought 2 players who has second nationality as Russian. However they count as foreign players. Anyone knows about this?

IIRC any player not born in Russia & maybe a group of former Soviet states are considered to be foreigners even if they take up Russian citizenship.

They only cease to be foreigners if they go on to get capped by Russia.

Wow... Then there is no point gainin Russian citizenship; if you are not going to be Russian International. And as managers we should leave it to our luck for a young players not to count as foreigners.

Then there is no point signing a potentially good young player by thinking that they will become Russian one day...

I've been playing in Russia on FM13 for quite a while but I've had no foreign players gain nationality as it takes forever but if a player is capped for another country then they are classed as foreign, for example, if a player is born in Russia but capped for a former soviet state that they have ties to they are just as foreign as any other player in terms of the rules. But players that have Russian second nationality but not capped then they should not be classed as foreign. That's what I believe anyway

Thanks for the info Flashman. As far as I am concerned not only there is a nationatilty problem for Russia, but also there is not enough good players coming up from regens. So I had to play with 33 years old Russian DRL(Yanbaev). I hope I will have a good regen for GK once my GK will retire. It is really hard to play in Russia with these rules and inadequate regens...

• SI Staff

To get russian nationality the player needs to stay at least 6 or 7 seasons it seems to me, without any break. It means if the player goes out for a loan, he needs to go to a russian team or the coutdown will go back to 0. You can get the information on the information panel.

I've seen some players getting the russian nationality in the previous FM.

One of the way is to recruit players quite young who have already spent some times in the russian leagues.

At all, it's quite realistic. It's quite the matter of the russian league...things had already evolved as before only 5 strangers could be used.;)

Look to the russian market...Usually the best teams don't buy a lot of strangers and try as much as possible to keep the best russian players or to look for players already playing for a while.

Hulk; Vitsel, M'villa...all of these are more marketing transfers. It's quite sure already that these player will leave the russian league before getting the russian nationality.

Dzagoev, Akinfeev, Schennikov, Kokorin and the top russian players are quite hard to get out from russia.

Bocchetti is an example of internal transfer considering the duration.

Hope it will help you.

Archived