Manager Reputation (rant)

I've had a mixed experience with FM13 in general, but one area that has particularly annoyed me is manager reputation.

Picture the scenario. Up and coming manager takes the Celtic job, wins the CL twice in a row in his first two seasons and adds another 12 trophies to the cabinet on top of that in 3 full seasons. Feeling I've achieved all I can with the club I decide to part ways with the club and look for a role at a bigger club. This is where the problems occur. Man Utd don't want me, Arsenal don't want me, Liverpool, Marseille and even Nottingham Forest in the championship laugh off my interest.

Now, in previous versions, I understand that it was all too easy to win a couple of trophies and then pitch up at Barcelona but I won the CL (twice!) with a club that had absolutely no right to win it. I won the World Club Cup (twice), European Super Cup (twice), why can't I get a job at one of the top clubs?

So, is this intentional because it seems a little (very) unrealistic that nobody would want a manager that's achieved what I had :-/

It shouldn't be the case & it sounds like something has gone wrong somewhere, hard to say what without knowing your rep scores.

To be fair I think manager rep could do with an overhaul and be implemented into the game slightly more effectively, but I think you could be looking at a bug here rather than a poor system.

If you have really won the champions league twice as well as the Club Cup and Super Cup then you shouldn't be having rep issues.

At the end of the day, aside from those european accolades, who cares? Look at Walter Smith for example. The Scottish league is one of the worst in Europe if not the world and achievements gained here mean next to nothing.

But 13 trophies, almost half are which are major European ones, should pretty much open any job in the world to you. So imo, this is a bug, not how the system is supposed to work.

It sounds like something is very wrong here. Can I just ask did you declare an interest in the jobs or apply for them? I got laughed off for several jobs when I had won a hell of a lot(as was in 2040 something) but when I applied without declaring an interest I got offered the job.

The Scottish league is one of the worst in Europe if not the world

I look forward to Scottish clubs losing to the powerhouses of the Latvian and Faroese leagues then!

You do have a point with Walter Smith though, maybe its the realism of the game that stops you getting the Man United, Arsenal and Marsaille jobs... you should be given the key of Nottingham though with that CV.

I dominated europe, won 2 world cups and decided to resign from my conquering barca. I had no desire to slug it out in europe, so I tried applying for league 2 darlington. It was the summer, they were favourites to go down, I declared my interest and applied. I got laffed off by the chairman. Around 2 weeks later they offered me the job. What made me laff is they dared mock me! I was number 1 in the hall of fame! But, this is fm lol.

It's the other way around for me, i started at Club Bruges with sunday league rep.

I won the title 4 times in a row and then went to arsenal (they had just won PL + CL) to replace a retiring Wenger. Couldnt believe they'd want me

Archived