Stadium Problems

hi everyone, my latest game is a Cagliara which im enjoying hugely.

ive just started the 4th season after winning the Seria A by a point last season.

now Cagliara's stadium is 16k having moved here due to safety concerns of their usual stadium(that stadium is expected to be renovated for the 2013/14 season irl)

now on FM you are stuck in the 16k stadium with no options at all to change stadiums.

when i hover over the expand stadium option i get the "club does not own stadium" while if i wish to buy it i get the "another club owns the stadium" popup.

also due to recent move you cannot make ask for a new stadium due to the rules on new stadiums every 20 years.

was just wondering if anybody has had a similar experience and anything i could do. While my finances are fine due to me running the club with a small budget i can see this only lasting so long with players wanting higher and higher wages.

You are playing CAGLIARI, not Cagliara. ;)

IRL they will be playing at the Is Arenas stadium (capacity 16.500) until the 2014/15 season, and then should go back to their old Sant'Elia stadium (maximum theoretical capacity 40.900), which is owned by the city of Cagliari, not by the club. But there are many problems for the restructuring of the Sant'Elia (basically two: safety and financing), so probably the switch back to Sant'Elia wasn't included in FM13 because nothing can be taken for granted for the time being. Nonetheless, it certainly sucks.

ah sorry tbh i had spelt it correctly in my head must of been too tired to realise :p

yeah i read up on that after wondering what was happening and saw that it was shut for renovations due to safety concerns just shame that due to the nature of how FM see's the stadium transfer you cant just build a new stadium :(

Archived