Superstitions for Football Manager.

Lol your one is hilarious! :lol:

Going back almost 10 years now, I used to blink really fast when my opponents had the ball and it would put them off.

Also repeatedly clicking on opposition team penalty takers during a shootout to make them miss, but everyone does that one.

I play my games on commentary so I have it on split view and always position my cursor under the team I am managing. Also if it's a close match and someone try's to speak to me I will tell them to be quiet untill my game finishes but if am winning comfortably it doesn't bother me lol.

I used to have a few little ones (pause game when mum comes up the stairs, keep cursor off pitch, gf in room is bad luck for penalties), but then I took the plunge and stopped doing it. Let's just say, with my gf in the room, I have gone 2 game years and 6 shootouts without losing a single one.

I like to pause the game to read my assistants feedback and tinker with tactics, I only ever do it when we have possession as I fear the opposition will score if I do it while there in possession.

I also never watch penalty shoot outs, but I may have to change this as I haven't won any in the last 10+ shoot outs

I never watch shootouts.

Also, prior to starting the game, I make sure to have my desk properly set up. I must have a freshly made cuppa by my left hand(empty glass on hot days), an ashtray by my right hand, tobacco, rizlas and lighter under the monitor on the right side, rubbish bin to the left of the desk and a 6 pack of Real McCoy's and a bottle of Sprite(only on hot days) to the right of it. Only then may the game commence.

I never watch shootouts.

Also, prior to starting the game, I make sure to have my desk properly set up. I must have a freshly made cuppa by my left hand(empty glass on hot days), an ashtray by my right hand, tobacco, rizlas and lighter under the monitor on the right side, rubbish bin to the left of the desk and a 6 pack of Real McCoy's and a bottle of Sprite(only on hot days) to the right of it. Only then may the game commence.

That's some expensive superstitions! :lol:

That's some expensive superstitions! :lol:

Not really, I mean I don't play that often these days and when I do I make an entire day of it, so I like to make sure I'm fully prepared. Plus, I ALWAYS have everything minus the Sprite and McCoys at hand pretty much no matter what I'm doing.

I used to position my cursor in the same place for games on an older version of the game, but now, I don't have any.

Yep, I use to do that, I don't really do anything now apart from not save and exit until I lose a game

I WILL NOT PLAY ON KEY COMMENTARY because I've managed to convince myself that I will always lose on that view; which of course it absolute and utter nonsense.

Back in the old days of text only I went through a spell of thinking turning the speed down to slowest gave better results.

Many an hour wasted

I often speak to an incorporeal entity called FM.

"F.u FM!"

"Back at ya, FM!"

"yess yess yess take THAT FM!"

"yeah, your plan to injure all my strikers is on, FM. I see I see."

"Penalty? You'll miss won't you, FM."

"Damn I said "I'm winning this" aloud! You heard that, didn't you, FM?! I'm doomed!"

"... aaand you heard my thoughts as well, FM, fuuuuuuuuuuu!"

"Why, FM! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!"

I also, of course, speak to my players, but unlike FM they don't listen.

• 2 months later...

I never ever read the milestones for the forthcoming match. 100% guaranteed that if i read that my GK hasn't conceded in 900mins of football, he will concede. also 100% guraenteed that if an opposition striker hasn't scored for 65 hours, he will score against me. But only if i read the milestones. If i skip them, i don't know what they are, so they have no bearing on the game :)

I never ever read the milestones for the forthcoming match. 100% guaranteed that if i read that my GK hasn't conceded in 900mins of football, he will concede. also 100% guraenteed that if an opposition striker hasn't scored for 65 hours, he will score against me. But only if i read the milestones. If i skip them, i don't know what they are, so they have no bearing on the game :)

Yes as I said FM knows what you're thinking. NSA would be so envious...

good thinking. I never thought of not reading them, because I always like to see my team's milestones coming up, but I may adopt your tactic now.

Archived