Sports Interactive Community
ZentSPB

South American Flair

I'm looking to build a European based team using mostly South Americans; which league would be best for such an undertaking? I was thinking of Portugal. I know Russia and Ukraine also worthy candidates. Any alternatives?

But if you make the CL you need enough home grown players

If you buy them in a transfer window when they complete their 18th year they will become home grown.

Ukraine and Russia are really bad choices because they have strict home-nation restrictions. Portugal allows unlimited Brazilian players. Germany have no foreigner limits, and I think Holland too. I'd go with Germany, if you want a high quality league.

Much obliged, people; decided to go for Inter. They have an extensive South American contingent already, and although the Italian rules are rather limiting, it should prove to be quite fun.

Portugal seems to have no restrictions apart from max 50 player squad, no more than 30 over 19 players, as well as the standard minimum 8 players trained in nation for 3 years.

Does Spain (and I think Portugal) still have that rule where players (and people in general) who were born in former Spanish/Portugese colonies (Brazil, Argentina, Angola...) only take 2 or 3 years to be nationalised rather than the usual 5?

spain yes still takes 2 years to gain spanish natnality, and portugal is 3years i think maybe 4 at the most....

why does spain have this with SAM players only needing 2 years to gain natnality - never understood it meself

spain yes still takes 2 years to gain spanish natnality, and portugal is 3years i think maybe 4 at the most....

why does spain have this with SAM players only needing 2 years to gain natnality - never understood it meself

this was due to colony situation while colonies don't have any influence anymore there seems to still be a number of the laws still in place like this.

its the same in france with french speaking africans etc.