Can Anyone Win This Game?

So after 10+ games and 5 AI simulated games I still haven't won this match. I'm not actually sure if it's even possible. I see my players missing the easiest possible chances (Finished better chances myself last week!).

It's Shrewsbury vs Walsall... derby of the season!

I challenge you to play one game and see if it's winnable.

My Save:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23378171/Shrewsbury.rar

http://www.gamefront.com/files/service/thankyou?id=23378171

EDIT - Added filefront save instead as 4Shared must require people log in these days!

I only saved and reloaded for this though. Don't quote me on it but I did go through quite a few games and had some good wins. Only reason why I replayed is out of curiosity because I've beaten teams way better than Walsall while I've been in-form, was struggling to see why I couldn't beat them.

I only saved and reloaded for this though. Don't quote me on it but I did go through quite a few games and had some good wins. Only reason why I replayed is out of curiosity because I've beaten teams way better than Walsall while I've been in-form, was struggling to see why I couldn't beat them.

It's not because you beat other teams that you sould also beat this one. For example, it's not because you beat Manchester United that you'll beat everyone else in the Premier League by definition. If you see you're struggling during the game, and you fail to make changes to address the problems your team has, you will indeed lose time after time after time.

It's not because you beat other teams that you sould also beat this one. For example, it's not because you beat Manchester United that you'll beat everyone else in the Premier League by definition. If you see you're struggling during the game, and you fail to make changes to address the problems your team has, you will indeed lose time after time after time.

Well that's the problem they're using 442, their defence is better than mine, their midfield similar and my attack slightly better. Every time I get the ball on the edge of the box my player is pressured too much and can't get the ball away to another player. If he could then I'd be getting through. It's genuinely the only way I score against them as they're superior in the air too.

Well that's the problem they're using 442, their defence is better than mine, their midfield similar and my attack slightly better. Every time I get the ball on the edge of the box my player is pressured too much and can't get the ball away to another player. If he could then I'd be getting through. It's genuinely the only way I score against them as they're superior in the air too.

Tactics are about more than just formations. Playing wider or narrower, direct or short, high or low D line, different roles and duties, different philosophy,... It's not just about formation and player quality. You can have one of the best teams in the world when it comes to individual player skill, but if you can't make it work like a unit, you'll still be on the losing side most of the time.

Tactics are about more than just formations. Playing wider or narrower, direct or short, high or low D line, different roles and duties, different philosophy,... It's not just about formation and player quality. You can have one of the best teams in the world when it comes to individual player skill, but if you can't make it work like a unit, you'll still be on the losing side most of the time.

I know, I've played FM since 05 and mastered FM11-FM12. I just can't get into FM13 though.

It seems like the more I try to rectify the scenario the more I come undone. I pushed higher up and they countered me like a 442 would do. I stay deep and I can't grab that goal needed to win because 2 forwards against 2 banks of 4 are just being cut off. So I set it to fluid to shorten the space so the midfielders look to join the attacks more. I can keep trying and trying, yet I can't find the solution needed.

So, downloaded the save and decided to play the match without changing a thing. Lost 2-0.

Changed tactic and instructions to one similar to that i use on a different save.

First half was brilliant, sadly the second half was such a shocker i am almost embarrassed to show this.

fm2013-06-0501-49-32-96_zps642ca6a3.jpg

As you can see, terrible. Penalty and a red card. I should have probably went more defensive after i was 4-0 up in the first half, but being me and wanting another 4 goals i almost risked it all.

fm2013-06-0501-50-01-81_zps14049c0a.jpg

The formation i used, few tired players and two suspended but hey, i won right? :D

Oh wow, talk about a Pyrrhic victory in FM lol.

What happened in that second half lol! I'm interested to see what changes you made in your formation. Could you also show team tactics. Personally I never considered using that formation for attack.

Also what is your analysis of the opposition. What do you think their strength and weaknesses are and how what if anything would you change next time?

Honestly there was no real thought behind the tactics, i don't know much about the two teams, so wasn't sure who the superior team was. Normally i go very attacking when i am playing a weaker team than my own. Which is what i did in this match. First half was great, 4-0 up and looked like the game was over.

Second half it all fell apart, they scored and then got a penalty as well as getting my man sent off(probably because i like aggressive defending)

To be honest my main goal was to win this one match as that was the challenge, as it's your actual save and every result matters this probably isn't the kind of tactic you want to use. :D

fm2013-06-0501-50-16-96_zps573565fd.jpg

Well i know there were only a set amount of possible outcomes in FM12. Played an international match and just for fun, reloaded it roughly 15-20 times and on more than one occassion not only was the result the same but also the goals were exactly the same despite changing various things around. I'm not talking similar, i'm talking to a carbon copies. If it's the same in FM13, maybe this game cannot be won. As the saying goes,

One does not simply... Beat Walsall.

After using that last tactic and modifying the team sheet with a few slight changes I actually managed an impressive 5-2 win. They can't handle the so many players forward. With the WM's on wing too they can help support the defence still. I managed to completely stretch their 442 and break through their 2x banks of 4.

Thanks a lot :D Going to try this against some more 442's now.

You better let your sister know her services are now required.

Hah, you can have her might stop my old lady going on at me all the time!

Imagine the fun in reloading continually until you win a game...

Its not doing it every game it was one game. It's not like I've not learned anything either. I'm generally against it unless it's for research purposes.

Hah, you can have her might stop my old lady going on at me all the time!

Its not doing it every game it was one game. It's not like I've not learned anything either. I'm generally against it unless it's for research purposes.

So you will forfeit the game once you've found out the issues?

You have been pointed in the right direction in the Tactics forum already yet have chosen not to read the excellent advice available. Saving and reloading will not help you learn where you are going wrong.

Read the material made available and actually learn how to play the game.

I done it in one game jesus, wouldn't mind but I'm on 5 game loss streak atm so its not like I've done it again. Just wanted to know why I couldnt beat Walsall as it was a different type of 442 to the rest

I done it in one game jesus, wouldn't mind but I'm on 5 game loss streak atm so its not like I've done it again. Just wanted to know why I couldnt beat Walsall as it was a different type of 442 to the rest

You made a thread in the tactics section providing a save game asking people to make changes to your tactics as you were struggling somewhat. You were told that wasn't how things were done in there and given a thread or two to read that mighy help. Yet instead you come in here asking people to win a game for you and report back on how they did it.

Just read the info provided in the tactics section. Save yourself from looking like a save and reload merchant. :D

You made a thread in the tactics section providing a save game asking people to make changes to your tactics as you were struggling somewhat. You were told that wasn't how things were done in there and given a thread or two to read that mighy help. Yet instead you come in here asking people to win a game for you and report back on how they did it.

Just read the info provided in the tactics section. Save yourself from looking like a save and reload merchant. :D

8 Saves halfway through the season sounds unrealistic doesn't it?

67344A396314D633EFEC675AD9687239D44CE693

Oh wow look how long ago that Walsall save was. 2 saves since then...

B922DBA54F4439BBE832761478A68E5C34FE274E

Oh and look how close that league is... as you'll see majority of the team are still very much in with a chance of winning

C4F8F5C895DD30F1F0162AA2F3F54A5BECAF5058

Do yourself a favour and stop looking like a trollish arse. I come simply looking for help with my tactic and get abuse from you. Maybe you are better at the game than I am, doesn't give you the right to assume we all save and reload every game. I'm trying to figure out the ME in this game as said on FM11 and FM12 I had no problems just struggle on this one.

8 Saves halfway through the season sounds unrealistic doesn't it?

67344A396314D633EFEC675AD9687239D44CE693

Oh wow look how long ago that Walsall save was. 2 saves since t

B922DBA54F4439BBE832761478A68E5C34FE274E

Oh and look how close that league is... as you'll see majority of the team are still very much in with a chance of winning

C4F8F5C895DD30F1F0162AA2F3F54A5BECAF5058

Do yourself a favour and stop looking like a trollish arse. I come simply looking for help with my tactic and get abuse from you. Maybe you are better at the game than I am, doesn't give you the right to assume we all save and reload every game. I'm trying to figure out the ME in this game as said on FM11 and FM12 I had no problems just struggle on this one.

If you wish to get offensive then please do via the PM system. Not everyone wishes to see your hissy fit.

And i repeat, you were pointed in the direction of help in the tactics section by a mod but you chose to ignore it. There are some really helpful threads in there if you are willing to a bit of reading.

Then don't assume everyone cheats. Not to mention if I wanted to what is it to you?

I've always looked through the information provided. Difference is you have 100 odd people and they all have a different opinion which is all for different versions. Some works some dont. Better off learning your own way. One person managed to beat Walsall I didn't use their exact tactics but I adjusted my own cause I knew what was making struggle against it.

It's not about copying someone elses tactics and slightly tweaking them. It's about understanding how and why somethings work and why other things don't.

All you gain from copying others is a quick fix. You don't learn anything that way, and you certainly won't know what to change things when they inevitably go wrong.

Why do some people have such a fascination with making sure everyone plays the same way as them? It's strange and pathetic. Personally I have learned a lot through the years from saving and reloading matches, so claims that you won't learn anything this way are ignorant.

Why do some people have such a fascination with making sure everyone plays the same way as them? It's strange and pathetic. Personally I have learned a lot through the years from saving and reloading matches, so claims that you won't learn anything this way are ignorant.

It's not that. But say I can beat Walsall 5-0 with a tactic. Whilst it's a great, dominating win in a game that he is struggling to win, it doesn't automatically mean that my tactic will work for the next game.

Likewise, understanding the different components of the game will help you win future games (make of these how you will, I'm sure we all play with different formations/players/styles etc.

The point i actually aluded to was nothing will be learnt by not watching where you go wrong when you reload. If you just reload over and over simply hoping to get the win and don't look at why you are losing, then you can't possibly learn.

I never dismissed the ability to learn through the save and reload method.

If you wish to get offensive then please do via the PM system. Not everyone wishes to see your hissy fit.

And i repeat, you were pointed in the direction of help in the tactics section by a mod but you chose to ignore it. There are some really helpful threads in there if you are willing to a bit of reading.

Well i don't want to see your hissy fit leave him alone or is it because you Think you know more than this guy you think you can just bully him on the Internet.hes already said he doesn't just reload every game and if you're not going to take his word for it why continue to reply in his thread? Why not go to another thread. Is it to try and make yourself feel better about yourself?

jesus leave the guy alone, he came with a problem against a particular team and formation and asks for solution to see if anyone could beat them, the ones that downloaded and did actually beat them replied back what they done and carried on with there business, then you got the high and mighty forum rejects who didnt even bother trying to win the game but seem inclined to tell him exactly where hes going wrong and how he wont learn anything.

Well i don't want to see your hissy fit leave him alone or is it because you Think you know more than this guy you think you can just bully him on the Internet.hes already said he doesn't just reload every game and if you're not going to take his word for it why continue to reply in his thread? Why not go to another thread. Is it to try and make yourself feel better about yourself?

Yes, clearly you've got it in one. I'm just a bully and just trying to make myself feel better.

Think you need go outside into the big wide world if you believe a word of what you've posted. :D

jesus leave the guy alone, he came with a problem against a particular team and formation and asks for solution to see if anyone could beat them, the ones that downloaded and did actually beat them replied back what they done and carried on with there business, then you got the high and mighty forum rejects who didnt even bother trying to win the game but seem inclined to tell him exactly where hes going wrong and how he wont learn anything.

Thank you.

Generally I like to learn the game myself and find downloading other peoples tactics to hinder the learning curve. This method I find works well as someone has shown me how they would approach the game. I've then been able to mix their strategy and tactics with my own.

Archived