Sports Interactive Community
Mr Hough

Mr Hough ft Mr Langvatn Tactic Thread.

Here is mine and Mr Ken Langvatn’s new tactic for Football Manager 2013 Patch 13.3.2 and 13.3.3

The formation is a flat back 4 with a Holding DM 3 Central Attacking Pressing Midfielders, An AMC in the Ghost Role and an All Out ST Scoring Goals For Fun.

The Back 5 (Flat back 4 and DM) explain themselves.

The idea to have 3 midfielders is so we can press the player rather than the ball. Pressing the players I believe is better because then when the opposition pass the ball about, we have our players pressing them and drawing them into mistakes. Having three central midfielders helps us do that, especially with the DM backing them up.

The ‘Ghost’ AMC Role is essentially the False 9, but I call it the Ghost Role. He will be dropping in and out, linking the attack and is the main creative threat against the opposition.

The ST is the main focus of attack – He is the Scoring machine in the side and will score the Bulk of the Goals for your side.

Hints and Tips from a pair Of FM Masters…..

Remember that Winning Boasts Morale From Supporters to Players to the Board of Directors so always offer the Highest possible Bonus’s for Competitions because even if you have to pay 8 Million out in Bonus’s you will probably get that back and remember Players like to play for Winners so try and win everything Possible, WE DO!!!

Keeping Players Happy is a BIG factor in this years FM – You can keep moral up in various ways, Playing a player and Winning Game, having Team Meetings to talk points with all of your players of Praise players for Good Performances, All these Tips Help in gaining good Morale.

Match Preparation is set as Defensive Positioning, Every Tactic is always made as attacking as Possible so to have the extra defensive positioning for training is the logical Choice.

Training is set to Balanced this is so that every position get abit of training focused on it.

I Don’t use Team Talks too much I generally as a rule Get a Decent Assistant Manager to Do them, If you are gonna get a Decent Assistant Manager look for High Stats in

•Man Management

•Tactical knowledge

•Motivation

•Determination

But if you wanna go with someones elses team talks then this guide is a great starter point.

FM 2013 Guide - Team talks, how to get the right reaction

We never use Opposition Instructions so don’t use any for Full tactic potential.

SerieA_OverviewStages-6_zpsd332cc45.jpg

JuventusvAC_zps7aeb0f95.jpg

MrHoughFCBayernTest_zps3e8b38f1.jpg

MrHoughReadingTable_zps9fa7687f.jpg

Tactic Link - http://www43.zippyshare.com/v/8266828/file.html

Thank you very much and enjoy the tactic.

Mr Hough?!

Is that your?!

Welcome back buddy... I'll definitely give this a try.

I guess this is a classic tactic, and not using the Wizzard?

Complete Classic Tactic and All squad testings were with Default Squads, No Signings

I've always liked and rated your tactics in the past. I currently am happy with my tactics but have d/l yours and will stick it in as my 3rd tactic in case things go wrong with my usual two.

Well, I took charge of the Welsh national team last week and their familiarity with any tactic was negligible so thought I'd try your tactic out seeing as it would be no worse off than any other.

Away to Greece in the 1st qualifier and they were 4/6 favourites. I used Bale as my AMC even though he's not accustomed to that position, but he's our best player and I knew he'd do well enough there.

1st half was a bit dull and 0-0 at HT. Gave them a confidence boost at HT and we went on to win 4-0!

Bale got MoM with 2 goals and an assist :)

Of course it's early days and we've got England at home next but couldn't have asked for a better start tbh. Looking forward to the team becoming familiar with the tactic and am hoping for some more great results.

edit: followed it up with a creditable 1-1 draw with England. We had more chances than they did and more CCCs. They shaded the possession.

I have tried it with Reading Bayern and Middlesbrough, Mr Langvatn has tried with Bayern Juventus and Liverpool

iv played 12 games with this so far .. with qpr lost 8 draw 3 won 1

iv tried many tactics I was hopefull about this .. but quite fankly it is one if not the worse iv tried ..

big big no no

So happy to see this, but then gutted when I realised I can't use it in FMC... such a roller coaster of emotion

So happy to see this, but then gutted when I realised I can't use it in FMC... such a roller coaster of emotion

You can load up full version of game and copy over each individual setting to a TC tactic. Takes about 10 minuted but can then be used in FMC.

I'll do it later at some point

You can load up full version of game and copy over each individual setting to a TC tactic. Takes about 10 minuted but can then be used in FMC.

I'll do it later at some point

Yeah , I also wanted to use this in FMC, so I converted it to a TC tactic. I won the league with Wrexham in Blue Square Bet Premier. Very good tactic. You can download the TC version here: http://www51.zippyshare.com/v/90658191/file.html

Make sure there can be some differences, something I have changed wrong from the classic tactic. But I think I converted all the settings over, so it chould be fine. :)

Well done,complete genius a winniing tactic with Bayern!!

I notice the hint of sarcasm so we also tried it with Reading Middlesbrough Juventus all with great results but hey you can't please everybody

Can you upload a screenshot of how you set your training ? I want to know the training intensity and whether to give a day free before/after matches.

Hi, Testing this with Liverpool, first season, no transfer budgets to start. Its good at home, seemingly relying on set pieces, which is no problem but i think it may need some tinkering. I am really struggling away from home, narrow losses and evenish games but losing quite regularly. 10 games in the league, won 5, drawn 1 and lost 4. All 4 of my losses away and my 1 draw was away too.

Will continue and update you as I go :)

Can't wait to try it. Never been good at creating tactics and neither do i have the time.

Hope it'll work for me too. Anybody tried it yet?

I've been wanting to start a save with Bayern Munich and I intend to use this tactic. Where would you place Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery? I was going to have Mario Gomez up front with Thomas Muller as AMC.

Hey, First of all always been a fan of Mr Hough's Tactics

At the moment i'm playing with my beloved team Newcastle with this tactic, but from the last 9 games I've drawn 7 of them! scoring and conceding no more than 1 goal.

was a bit dubious about changing the training from Def Positioning to attacking movement due to the already attacking nature of the tactic, but i gave it a shot and have won my last 4 games scoring a minimum of 3 goals per game, inc, beating arsenal 3-0 and Man city 3-1.

Yeah , I also wanted to use this in FMC, so I converted it to a TC tactic. I won the league with Wrexham in Blue Square Bet Premier. Very good tactic. You can download the TC version here: http://www51.zippyshare.com/v/90658191/file.html

Make sure there can be some differences, something I have changed wrong from the classic tactic. But I think I converted all the settings over, so it chould be fine. :)

Ah, thanks for that. I'll give it a go this evening

Tried it with several clubs.

Unfortunately, it's not very successful.

I know it's a winning tactic regarding the OP, but I won't keep it.

Thanks though to Mr Hough who saved my FM experience in FM12 and FM11.

Well so far this tactic has been very hit and miss for me. Started brilliantly winning 9 out of 10 games, but then hit a brick wall. Now it is just a very mixed bag of results, so gonna have a play around with the tactic.

Just to clarify, does this tactic work well on the full FM game, or does it need to be an FM Classic save?

This is a Classic tactic. It won't work with FMC, will only work with full game. Working brilliantlyl for me as my 2nd tactic, but my team is probably too strong anyway so can't really judge the tactic

It tried it with a second tier Romanian side. It takes a while to kick in. Make sure you are playing plenty of friendlies and don't switch to this tactic in the middle of the season.

As Mr. Hough mentioned, morale is vital for this tactic as it relies on aggressive closing down and plenty of tackles. The 3 CM have to be very well balanced with good defending stats.

If you are playing a weaker side, with slow defenders i would remove the "offside trap" as you will likely be caught off guard plenty of times.

For away games or when trying to maintain a lead i set the "time wasting" slider to 10 or more. If your CM's and attacking players don't have the vital stats over 15 you will very easily loose possession under pressure.

For when i am behind, i raise "closing down" to 20 and "hard tackling"

TY for sharing the tactic guys.

Excellent tactic so far my crawley town has a record of 19-2-8 currently second place. Great work!

This tactic is really good. I took over Real Murcia 7th February and they were 17th and struggling. Managed to finish 5th and win the play offs so I'm now promoted.

My first game was Recreativo.

murcia.jpg

Welcome back Dave. Happy to see you here.

I will give your tactic a go and give my thoughts about it.

Cheers.

How do you change pitch size these days?

Can only do it in certain leagues I believe.

Playing as Dag & Red in league 2 and about 24 games into the season this tactic "stopped" working.

Still creating tons of chances but kept drawing games or losing 1 nil. Seemed to face a lot of super keepers and had a lot of players sent off for diving or violence?

I've since made the striker a target man and the amc a playmaker and ticked the box for both, seems to be getting back to how it was before

Very good tactic but getting a lot of fouls, had 30 in last game but 7 yellow cards and one red. Anything you can advise Mr Hough??

Many thanks

PS, your tactics are always awesome

ChAnCeR

anyone else having problems with injuries with this tactics? had four players injured for long term in the first three game. won all three, great tactics.

managed to get crawley promoted via 2nd place in my first season using this tactic good work! although in the OP it says the striker gets most of the goals i find that al ot of the goals come from the 3 CM

With Wales, I just beat Mexico 7-1 in a friendly :)

Also beat Dortmund 7-0.

Tactic working great so far and no negative sides to it. Not experiencing the injuries that I thought we might