Sports Interactive Community
dozzie

Accepted new job offer, but nothing's happened

The Man Utd job has just become available in my game and i decided to apply and (hopefully) leave my Stoke team on a high having won a cup treble.

I applied, and Man Utd offered me the job, with no negotiation I accepted and 'continued' the game on and I'm still Stoke manager. Few more 'game days' pass and i'm still Stoke manager. Both Stoke and Man Utd transfers in progress list my switch but it doesn't seem to be happening.

I've now also resigned from Stoke to see if that would speed things along, but having progressed a few more game days still no luck.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Know to 'fix' this?

Any chance you were due to join at the end of the season rather than immediately?

Any chance you were due to join at the end of the season rather than immediately?

I don't remember even seeing the option for that - i was very hastily accepting! Perhaps that's what's happened - i'm currently in post-season anyway so I guess i'll soon find out.

If you go to your club's transfer centre it should show the date that you're set to leave.

Tried that, but didn't seem to say. I've since added a new manager in the Man Utd post, retired that person, then applied again, accepted and took up the post straight away.