Ticket Price Oddity in FM12 - same in FM13?

Hello all,

I've noticed an odd situation in FM12 regards ticket and season ticket prices and wonder if this is still the same in FM13?

I enjoy playing as an unknown team and trying to work my way up through the leagues. In FM12 my main saves have been in Croatia (Sesvete) and Portugal (Moura). What I've noticed is that as I move towards the top league my ticket prices shoot up much higher than they should. For example:

Moura - at the start of the game Moura are in the bottom league (equivalent of a third division) and our ticket price is the 74th highest in Portugal - season ticket price is 58th in the country. Sounds ok.

I win the league and get promoted to what would be the second division. My ticket price doubles and is now the sixth highest in the country. Season cost also doubles to the tenth highest. So I am new in the second division, but already charge a higher ticket price than a number of teams in the top flight.

I fail to get promoted, but still the ticket price goes up, I'm now charging the 5th highest price in Portugal. I get promoted the next season and now charge the highest rate in Portugal. My first season in the top flight and it costs more to see my team than it does to see Porto... Can you imagine Cardiff having a ticket price higher than Man Utd or Liverpool in their first top flight season?

My club rep is of course improving, but not at that rate. My save in Croatia followed the exact same pattern and instantly my ticket price was the highest in the country when I got promoted.

Is it a way to try and stop attendances push too high? It doesn't seem to be chairman related - and it just seems that these costs are growing out of synch to the rest of the leagues. Could there be a reason for it, or is it simply an issue?

Anyone else notice something similar either in FM12 or FM13? Please note, I'm not grumbling or calling it a game breaker - I'm just interested in the numbers (sad, I know) and flagging it up just in case.

Could it be to do with stadium capacity. If you are in the top flight with a capacity of 2000 then you might still fill your ground every game even if you are charging more than Porto. As we all know most clubs will do all they can to rip off the fans.

If you have a huge stadium (I'm thinking Queen's Park in Glasgow) then rather than put prices up you might just want to fill some of the empty seats.

I'm just getting another expansion which will take me to about 15,000 I think - and whilst this is being filled in European games, league games are not 100% attendance.

Haunted1234 - what ticket price do you charge as opposed to the rest of Poland? I suspect it will level out at some point - but I would hope you were at least charging top whack in your own country.

my club started with a stadium of like 5000 or so, and average ticket price was 2,20€ i think or something in that region, where the big clubs have relatively big stadiums of 20-40k people

after winning the league like 20 times and the uefa cup 1 and CL 1, got a new stadium in between of 20 000~ and my ticket price was 4,20€ or something, still way below the "bigger" second division clubs, the biggest clubs charge i think 10-11€

i guess it would level at some point, but at this pace probably 200 years ingame or something

Archived